A clean skin

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Lona

A clean skin

Post by Lona »

Okay, I just stumbled upon a screenshot of a skinned foobar version, simply astonishing!
It somehow reminds me of the ribbon of the last version of office, the things that are necessary are shown, the rest is hidden but you can get them with just one click.
Which skin I'm talking about? This one:
The deviantart page is of the skin.

I'm afraid something like this (a sort of ribbon) is not possible with MediaMonkey :(
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

look for a post in here about a white skin or a clear skin i can't remember the name of it but there was one made, for mm 2.5 i think. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lona

Post by Lona »

I've found it, but it's just white but I'm not talking about a color here, but a clean skin as in getting rid of all the stuff you don't need while performing a certain action.
I already mentioned the ribbon of office 2007. In MediaMonkey you should see have a ribbon with main items like 'playing', 'details of songs', 'browsing', 'searching'
-'Playing' would show a screen like the screenshot in my first post. When this feature is turned on you don't have to see the tree (explained under browing).
-'Details of songs' would display lyrics, properties, useful information from last.fm. When this feature is turned on you don't have to see the tree (explained under browing).
-'Browing' would show you the tree with genres, artists, .. which is default on the left and on the right a big screen with songs / albumart. When this feature is turned on you don't have to see the now playing list or the player.
-'Searching' would show the most advanced search field with includes, excludes, everything you could possible think of to make searching easy.

I hope this made things a bit more clear about the clean MediaMonkey.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you are asking for features to be added to the program.
then this message should be in the wishlist forum.

no skinner can add them we have to go by what is given to us in the skin programming.

all the skin is in players is just graphic images to be able to use the software player, thus, GUI (graphic user interface)
this skin is a new one in media monkey 3 which is why we have more features then mm 2,

now some skinners are programmers and are able to say what is needed to the developers better then most other skinners.
and they are getting more features added.
but there is only so much you can do in the present skinning program format.

i have no idea what all is not able to be done but putting your wish in the wish list forum, does not mean it won't get read.
most of us here read all the forums.

i am guessing though some of the features won't be ready or able to be added in the skin until mm 5 or 7 version.

going on what the last version was i believe this skin version will last about 4 or 5 years unless they get a better one before that time. :wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.