Winamp-, Foobar2000-, WMP11-skins etc.

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Winamp-, Foobar2000-, WMP11-skins etc.

Post by Morten »

Here you can post skins you like and want to have an equivalent to in MM.

Please be polite to the original authors of the skins and ask about their permission first.
Last edited by Morten on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Best regards,
Morten
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

I'd like a miniplayer that is more ambiguous than a physical mp3 player graphic. Something closer to the black monolith from 2001, that also display album art and allows for rating changes (Yellow Tint lets me pick the number of stars, and I thought the iPodTouch miniplayer was going to have that option too). I really like the Black iPod miniplayer, but I would like it more without the circle around the controls that brands it as an iPod clone, and also the UI of the iPod is not necessary for my taste. I want to be able to rate from the miniplayer, and I want to have a nice and sleek looking, unbranded black monolith.
Just something I realized today.

THANKS

I should/could learn to do it myself, I know, but I am writing English essays and short stories for school. Maybe some time in the summer, if all my travels fall through. Until then, just my ideas.

PEACE

[Edit] Embedding the visualisation in the microplayer would be cool too, with maybe a mouse over to show album art (if any). A lot of the scripts being developed are dependent on rated libraries, so the more access I have to choosing a rating is the better for me.
Jome

Post by Jome »

Since I made a thread some months ago about this, I'll post the same post here:

As a long time Winamp user, I'd love to see a proper Winamp 5.0 or Winamp 5.5 Bento skin lookalike to ease the transistion to MediaMonkey and to avoid being "homesick".. lol, think a lot of people feel the same way.

Itunes/Ipod/WMP11 lookalike skins is ok, but Winamp 5 and 5.5 looks slicker/fresher, imo.

Examples of what I'd like to see (CLICK TO ENLARGE):

Winamp 5.0 skin:

Winamp 5.0 skin "Blues color scheme":

Winamp 5.5 Bento skin:

I'd love to see a color scheme manager as well, with dozens of different color schemes like Winamp 5, but that might be too much to ask for..
Lona

Post by Lona »

The interface of foobar2000, I mean, who can resist a thing like this?

Unfortunately I think foobar2000 and mediamonkey won't join forces. It would be great. Because mediamonkey offers a better out of the box support I'm not yet seriously considering switching to foobar2000. The looks are great and also some plugins are claimed to be way better than the ones of mediamonkey (kernel streaming for example).
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Wow! Foobar2000 really looks great now... :)
Technically it is better for sure: It has a more accurate replaygain-support and better input-/output-plugins. IMHO the biggest pro for MM are the scripts - I couldn't live without them anymore...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Lona

Post by Lona »

Indeed, MediaMonkey has some outstanding plugins, but Foobar2000 does allow you to use scripts too. But for the time being I'll stick with MediaMonkey. It would be nice though if somebody could bring the interface of 'Elegance' to MediaMonkey. (That's the name of the skin in the picture I've posted.)
You can find it over here: http://customize.org/foobar/skins/50786
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

The interface of foobar2000, I mean, who can resist a thing like this?
I can. you want that then go use it. it to me is in no way better looking then media monkey.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lona

Post by Lona »

Haha, I was waiting for a reaction like this. It's more than the looks of Foofar, it's an other thing MediaMonkey lacks. MediaMonkey shows almost everything, all the time. That's what I like about Foobar, you don't see the library while playing (because you don't need it), you don't see the player if you're searching for songs (because you don't need it), it's a bit like the ribbon of the new office I was referring to in a topic I created about a minimalistic skin.
As for the plugins, I really hope the next version of MediaMonkey will have stronger focuss on improving support for plugins or create outstanding plugins. From the outside it seems MediaMonkey now is an adult, with a good database, improved interface, improved tagging. (The search is two steps forward and one step backward, back because album artist and artist are combined)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Seeing the now playing list and the library at the same time is essential to me. This is what I like in MM and that lacks in Itunes, Wmp11, foobar2000, ...

I recall Wmp10 let you see both, but not wmp11. A big dissapointement for me. I clearly consider it a regression.

Back on topic...

I absolutely love the elegance skin. Hope someone can port it to mm.

I have a couple of question related to MM skin engine:

I saw a skin for Foobar who, i think, use transparency. http://brett.free.fr/foobar/_fooamp0.2.png

It would be wiked if MM suports alphablending. Is it in project for the skinning engine?

Also I like the mirror effect below the albumart in elegance. Is this possible with MM?

Thanks
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

roving cowboy is crazy...
that being said, I've install foobar2000 and found it has really good UI customization.. but I cannot work out how to install a theme like that.

...to the point where I think something's getting confused and it's not possible.

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Lona

Post by Lona »

Actually quite easy, it takes about 15 minutes. Just follow the instructions on the website :)
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

I tried it out (foobar with the skin pictured above) and found that it didn't look the way the above skin does. The above screenshot is a composition of a series of panes, where each rectangular section is essentially one aspect of a microplayer like interface. I did not get any reflection of images after following the instructions on how to install the script. I also found the UI counterintuitive, so I couldn't delete tracks from the playlist, couldn't drag tracks from the browser to the playlist, couldn't search by hitting a letter on my keyboard when inside the browser (and have that letter move me to the like section of my library).
and it actually wasn't as pretty as the screenshot makes it out to be (IMO).
plus MediaMonkey is WAY better, and infinitely more important (for me)

foobar is faster to load, but the sound quality is not as good for me

two cents
PEACE
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dreadlau wrote:Seeing the now playing list and the library at the same time is essential to me. This is what I like in MM and that lacks in Itunes, Wmp11, foobar2000, ...

I recall Wmp10 let you see both, but not wmp11. A big dissapointement for me. I clearly consider it a regression.

Back on topic...

I absolutely love the elegance skin. Hope someone can port it to mm.

I have a couple of question related to MM skin engine:

I saw a skin for Foobar who, i think, use transparency. http://brett.free.fr/foobar/_fooamp0.2.png

It would be wiked if MM suports alphablending. Is it in project for the skinning engine?

Also I like the mirror effect below the albumart in elegance. Is this possible with MM?

Thanks
Sadly the transparency in the MM window as well as the mirrored album art isn't possible with the current theme engine. However, the devs have promised future upgrades to the Theme Engine, so there is still hope!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I'm hoping with you Nohitter.