Eclipse Skin v 2.0.0.1

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

dual-mon user

Re: Eclipse Skin v 2.0.0.1

Post by dual-mon user »

Hey Dread, been using your Eclipse skin for awhile now, and just got another monitor to run dual, so I decided to slightly modify the smallplayer skin to show only the info I wanted. I got it looking just fine, the only issue is for some strange reason when I minimize into smallplayer mode my CPU pegs at 100% usage. Any ideas?

Here is the MSZ file if you could take a look:

http://www.filesavr.com/eclipsesmallplayer2001v4

PS- Just tested it with the unmodified smallplayer skin, and it seems to do it with that one as well. MM uses ~2% of the CPU when fully open, but when in smallplayer mode its around 30% if just the title, artist, and album is showing, but then once you resize it to show the album art the CPU just pegs at 100%. Weirdest thing, I'm assuming it's something to do with the album art? Is there perhaps another Source= other than <Cover> to use?
dual-mon user

Post by dual-mon user »

Ok, so I just tried all the default skins' MiniPlayers and they didnt cause my CPU to freak out, but when I tried your Delletronic skin's MiniPlayer it did the same thing as the Eclipse SmallPlayer. Hopefully you have some idea of what's going on here, haha.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Well you edit the AlbumArt to the Float player , and this makes the trouble , i know this and that's the reason why the AArt is missing in the float player.
Don't ask me why but it is like this !

You can try one thing:
give the floatplayer a fix high from maybe 470 pix and make it not rezisable.

you have to change this settings:

Code: Select all

[PlayerSkin]
Resizable=1,1,0,0
Size=276,470
Dj

Post by Dj »

Could you make the color of the track thats currently playing, a different color in the library list view?
Its really hard to see since the currently playing track is the same color but with bold font;
I think white would be a good color
dj

Post by dj »

Dj wrote:Could you make the color of the track thats currently playing, a different color in the library list view?
Its really hard to see since the currently playing track is the same color but with bold font;
I think white would be a good color
because the currently playing track is hard to tell apart from the other songs in the library view;
i keep deleting and rating the wrong tracks
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Not possible with the Skin Engine.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Mjr Skitzo

Post by Mjr Skitzo »

Greetings, New to MM, and this is the best skin Ive found. Love the dark feel and the little touches make it beautiful. (i.e. the mirror effect on the timer, the hover effects on the control buttons.) I am not trying to sound picky, but....I would like to see color variations of you theme(i.e. Red eclipse, Violet/Purple eclipse, and Green eclipse. The previously posted Green Eclipse link has expired or is otherwise inactive).
If this is not possible, could you or someone pleeze direct me to a thread or tutorial on how to change this myself. Pleeze don't be to technical I have no graphic background and I am a computer Noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for your efforts, they are also greatly appreciated.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Welcome Mjr Skitzo,at the moment i got no plans to make colored versions.Want more focus on new skins.
you can look on the MM Wiki Skinning (MM3 Skinning) but this can be a bit difficult without graphic background,but you can always ask here in the artworkforum.
Mjr Skitzo

Post by Mjr Skitzo »

Thanx for the reply and the link. Ill try to "Learn sumthing new everyday", and today Ill start with your link. Again, thanx for your efforts on this skin.
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

hi DreadM, using SlimPlayer and when I'm streaming correctly tagged radio streams the Artist tag doesn't show in the Now Playing panel (it does when I override with the Windows default theme). I think I have the latest version of the skin, any help appreciated. (and Ecilpse is still my favourite skin after trying LOTS!) :D
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Hm,sorry got no idea ,normal such things are not controlled by the skin,
does it work with one of the default skins? Glided or Vitreous

screenshot maybe ?
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

Here's a screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5547229/MM%20Eclipse.jpg - the artist tag info is there, it's just not showing up in the Now Playing panel.... it's no biggie, just curious is all :-?

ok, the artist info is there when activate the NoAArt and Eclipse skins but not Slim, White or Small - hope this piques your interest! :wink:
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

OK ,got it now ,It look like if the [Title Info]section from player .ini file contains more than the title info ,it don't shows correct when you play stream files (just shows title info)

So what you can do , is to change the title Info header [Title Info] to [Custom6] in the player.ini file,
Than it shows correct. really curious :-?

I fix this in the next release

let me know if it works for you
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

Thanks for looking in to it. I'm using XP SP3 and I can't find player.ini (I've system files unhidden and using Everything for files search) so can you tell me where to find it. Thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jkforde wrote:Thanks for looking in to it. I'm using XP SP3 and I can't find player.ini (I've system files unhidden and using Everything for files search) so can you tell me where to find it. Thanks
You have to extract it from the skin file.

Change the skin file Eclipse.msz to Eclipse.zip
Unzip it
The file player.ini is in the unzipped directory
Rezip
Change zip extension to msz
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.