Eclipse Skin v 2.0.0.1

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gege

Post by gege »

Sblast wrote:Please make a border for the now playing play list.
Please, don't :D
All the coolness of Eclipse comes from its borderless panels.

I'd love if I could get rid of borders completely in Lyrics Viewer skin too... :o
Last edited by gege on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Aw, I can't download this; mediafire is being stubborn. It doesn't have a slim float player by any chance? ;)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
gege

Post by gege »

spacefish wrote:Aw, I can't download this; mediafire is being stubborn.
DreadM, I advise you to setup a googlepages account, so you can host your files there. It's much better the mediafire, or any other Single-click host...
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Sblast wrote:Please make a border for the now playing play list.
Can you make Player shorter? (get rid of the * rating part, maybe make the bar shorter!) Thank you!
TY!
I try diferent Border colors ,but i dont like.
Maybe you can do by yourself.
you can change the border color in the Theme Editor under
Objects/Panel/Frame->Bitmap

Ok i think also to change to googelpage,i must look if i can manege this?
Becouse i have some new stuff to download! 8)

DreadM
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

here is a screenshot of the new version: Eclipse v 1.4

Screenshot:

the main changes are the players!
you can download at the wikisite
let me know what you think about the time display and the players.

For the googlepages i look in the next days.

DreadM
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

OMG! Thanks for the slim player! <3

Oh, that's gorgeous! I don't suppose there's a MonkeyRok skin floating around for this?

Thanks again! Love it. :)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Your skin is awesome DreadM!!! :D

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Hmm... it seems I'm stuck with Songbird Skin's no album art image in the main views. I noticed that too when switching back to ZuneSkin. Instead of nohitter's images in the main view, I've still got magicalpig's. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd really like to see those eclipses. :)
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

If you have not installed a different set of icons than the one bundled with MM I guess you just have to go to your MM directory and delete a folder named Icon (or move it outside the MM directory if you don't want to lose the icons).

If you have installed a set of icons, you should find the missing art icons within the folder. The names of the files are NoAArt.png and NoAArtNew.png.

I'm will add this info to the thread about the songbird skin.

Victor.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

spacefish wrote:OMG! Thanks for the slim player! <3
...and the Small Player!
Very nice!
You should release a Small Player/Slim. So that people do not have to do a mod, like I just did, to combine them.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

magicalpig wrote:If you have not installed a different set of icons than the one bundled with MM I guess you just have to go to your MM directory and delete a folder named Icon (or move it outside the MM directory if you don't want to lose the icons).

If you have installed a set of icons, you should find the missing art icons within the folder. The names of the files are NoAArt.png and NoAArtNew.png.

I'm will add this info to the thread about the songbird skin.

Victor.
I haven't installed any icon sets so I'm wondering though why this happened? I've used different skins before but the no album art image always updates properly when switching. It's only with your skin that this behavior started.

I checked the Icons folder and only your art is there. If I delete them will the Eclipse art start showing? Will I lose yours if I switch back to Songbird?
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

@spacefish : yeah you'll lose'em if you delete them. See THIS thread to understand why I did it this way. And DreadM icon's mmip will create the same problem. Actually if you download and run his mmip with album art icon, it will override the songbird's.

We'll have to wait until the skinning engine is updated by the devs.

@DreadM : I did not read the whole thread but why did you choose a flashy purple for your main color? Blue would have been easier on the eyes.

Victor.
Last edited by magicalpig on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:You should release a Small Player/Slim. So that people do not have to do a mod, like I just did, to combine them.
What would be cool is if the devs could make it so the skinners can craft up a bunch of different sub-skins, include the whole mess in the package, and then let the user choose which versions of which players to use. That way there would only ever be ONE version of a skin but the package may include multiple skins for main, float, and micro players (though probably only the first two). Through the skin selection process, MM could prompt which version of each sub-skin the user would like to use.

This would save the skinners a lot of hassle trying to update multiple versions of what is essentially the same skin and it would mean the users wouldn't have to mod MM to include sub-skins from different "versions" of the same skin.

A more advanced system might include the ability to pick and choose which items to show on players (album art, ratings, bit meter, etc.) but we should probably learn to walk before we try to run. :)
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

magicalpig wrote:Actually if you download and run his mmip with album art icon, it will override the songbird's.
It didn't though. I guess my only option is to unzip the Eclipse mmip and pull them out?

I'm not sure I really understand what's going on with the noaart images (I tried to read the thread but a lot of it was meaningless, not being a skinner myself) but if there is a problem with them updating when switching skins, and it's not something under the skinner's control, then it really, really needs to be fixed by the devs. If a skin package includes it's own no album art image, it should update when switching from one skin to another. To be fair, I never noticed the behavior before SongbirdSkin but maybe it's been happening all along. :-?
WebNodes
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

magicalpig wrote:@spacefish : yeah you'll lose'em if you delete them. See THIS thread to understand why I did it this way. And DreadM icon's mmip will create the same problem. Actually if you download and run his mmip with album art icon, it will override the songbird's.
You can also rename the Icon folder to IconsOFF or IconsSongbird so that you can use them later. Then install the Eclipse Icons, you may have to re-start the Monkey to see the changes take effect.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...