Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

I made some changes and both the main player & float player look alright at 1024 and 1600 resolutions (without gaps/cut off text). I will send the skin file to magicalpig for verification/posting (I do not have a webpage to make it available for others - anyway it is his skin, I need his permission).

As rovingcowboy said, I made minor fixes to the skin file and the ini files to make the players work. I didn't touch anything else.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome! Thank you, LikeMM. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

magicalpig,

Great job! Regarding some of the problems you're encountering with screen resolution, I'd be happy to make some fixes to the skin for you so that you can see what needed to be changed. If you'd rather figure it out on your own and you have questions, I'd be happy to help you. The skin looks great, btw. I'm one of the few who realizes what a long process it is to get a skin looking this good :wink:

Keep up the good work!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Thanks everyone for the good words! :)

@rovingcowboy
Thanks for the tips, again... I just realized I can change the resolution on my screen, it just makes everything look very small. I guess it's ok if I use this method to check what the skin look like on larger screens.

@sebastianguest
Talent has nothing to do with it. The skin is a copy of an existing software and I am nothing like a good coder or design wizard. I only have 512Mo of RAM on my pc and I don't know what's my CPU so I'm not even a computer geek! Skinning is like everything else I guess : you have to put in the time. If I can do it, everyone can which means every MM user with some time could make a skin. (how many skins would that make???)

@nohitter
Thanks for the helping hand but LikeMM made a few fixes on the skin. From what I've seen for the moment he fixed some numbers in the floatplayer's ini file and added a stretcher to the main player ( I hesitated putting this one but as the skin worked i didn't, I should have known better...) I'm waiting for him to tell me if I didn't miss anything he modded and I will update the mmip. I think his changes have solved the resize problems.
And yes, it is a long process of trial and error and patience (that's the hardest part for me) I think it's changed my whole perspective on skins. Even YouTube's interface looks different now IYKWIM.

@font complaints
I'll try and take care of that this weekend

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Jome wrote:Oh shit, dope skin son! Looking real good, now all we need is a Winamp skin..

Maybe the menu text items & status bar text shouldn't have been in black.. ? (Hard to read)

Also getting this:

Impossible to read the text at the left corner..
as for this font issue. all the ones mentioned can be changed in the theme mskn file in the font tree under the image tree of the mskn file. just go to the name of the fonts wanted to change and select them. then use the two buttons on the right to change them. simple
and they can be checked in the theme engine using the control button. but test in real world use before you zip up the skin. just to make sure they really did change. some things change in the theme engine but not in the player skin?
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
FEB

Post by FEB »

Thanks - V1.2 works nicely, good job!
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Thanks, version 1.3 is now available... I just couldn't wait, I'll sleep later. :)

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Yay! Looks great now, thanks! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Amazing...

New default skin for me. :D
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I'm glad you like it! :) Makes me feel like starting working on a new skin...

Victor.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

I've yet to install, but it looks really really nice from the screens
what about including rating stars in the float player? I like to have access to choose ratings visually while I listen--maybe it's me.
PS--monkeyrok skins are becoming a necessity with skin releases! I <3 yours

[EDIT] --> oh WOW! really nice! has an immediate classiness to it, but yeah--rating stars. They would fit nicely over the volume slider, or even above the shuffle button area. I'm also a fan of having the album name displayed in the player, but I learnt how to change this a while ago. THANKS!

PEACE
Last edited by aidan_cage on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well I tried but dropped it. For some reason IMO the stars always look ugly in the player. But I'll see what I can do.

Victor.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

what about having muted/shaded circles representing the stars?
--I am also not sure what the number below the artist's name represents (in the player) [kbps, right? I snooped into the .ini]

--BTW, I'll quickly get over the ratings things, because it's really pretty either way. I like the tones you picked
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Actually that's what I tried. But I'll look into that this weekend. I might be able to overcome the ugliness by avoiding using transparency in the image files.

Yeah the number is kbps. And you're free not to use it if you want.

And finally, I din't really pick any color. The skin is based on Mozilla's Songbird player.

Victor.
Lona

Post by Lona »

Finally a skin that lasts more than a day (apart from the Windows System Theme I've been using from the moment I started to use MediaMonkey 3).
Personally the only thing I don't like that much is the player (sorry..) but that has nothing to do with the skinner. I never use the player because MonkeyRock and my multimedia keyboard keys are enough for me. The only thing that annoys a bit is the fact some options are black, but probably it is because I still use the old version. I will update the skin soon.
So keep up the good work and thanks a lot!