Update / Change the Skinning Engine

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Eyal

Re: Update / Change the Skinning Engine

Post by Eyal »

rovingcowboy wrote:i think its the windows shell that is holding the skinning to this way of doing it. but to get rid of the shell would be to cause a massive code re write that could take 3 yrs. and would most likely loose most the best features of the software.

when you make skins for programs you like you got to work with what you got to use for skinning. as i said before Morten has got lots of ideas added in the the skin engine to bring it this far along. if you really dislike it now think of what it was like in the first version release of it. where no special features were in it at all other then the two extra player skins working with the main theme skin. 8)
That's true.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Dreadlau

Re: Update / Change the Skinning Engine

Post by Dreadlau »

nohitter151 wrote:
GIL wrote: A main focus of an upgrade should be the alpha channel transparency of icons which are limited to blocky images to keep the necessary one color transparency, and make them harder for better icon packs to be compatible with different color schemes.
Please get your facts straight, as icons already support alpha channel transparency. (I did already state this, BTW).

If you don't believe me just take a look at my VitreousBlue skin.
Yeah except that it's pretty buggy. Like translucent white appears black and other glitches like that.
I made the pulse icon set for mm4 and it was a pain to try to correct all the glitches.
Not to mention that if you take this icon set and put it on a black background, They will be completely messed up.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)