G-Monkey v1.1.0.0 /v1.2.0.0[MM4] (01.10.2014)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: G-Monkey v1.1.0.0 [MM4] (28.07.2012)

Post by rovingcowboy »

emueyes wrote:The microplayer seems like the ideal size for my idea of stacking a panel of cover art on top of a panel containing the nav buttons and sliders, the 'mobile phone' look I referred to. Something small yet useful for metadata like remaining time.

It's a shame about the track playing colour issue. I've been poking around in the float player section of the skin, looking for colour references without really getting much done. It does tend to look messy with multiple tracks highlighted too though, I'd be just as happy to turn it off if it won't behave itself.

Hopefully my other issue will be easier, changing the background colour of the tray notification message for new tracks.

@ DreadM so you developed this? Very nice skin, I've been waiting for the mm / G-Monkey_PS combo for a long time. Thank you.
Yes he made this skin and lots of others, too bad he lost his development folder, you can go to the wiki site and find out how to make an mm 3 skin its same way for mm4 only mm4 has some areo features you can add, that should help you figure out how to customize your own skin of course you could start making them and share them with us all.
We like new skin ideas 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

emueyes wrote:I have a problem with the art+detail view here. The detail list gets extraneous blue hilight bars, which seems to be triggered when I browse around the library with tracks already playing, then switch back to the currently playing album. I put a picture of this at http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/82 ... otostream/

It doesn't seem to interfere with anything, just looks messy. Also, isn't the blue bar meant to follow playback ? As a track plays, its title is highlighted but the bar(s) don't move.

Using mm 4.0.7.1511 and G-Monkey_PS 1.1.0.0
I noticed this behavior also last time , and like Nohitter supposed on your other thread ,i think also it's a bug,
if you select a album first song is highlighted , if you press for example on 4th song and switch to another album , the 4th and first song is select until you select something else!
rovingcowboy wrote:Yes he made this skin and lots of others, too bad he lost his development folder
:o
Just MR and LV skin folder , not that bad just a bit annoying! :wink:
rovingcowboy wrote:Use to be allowed to change those with images of bars to match skin, but in fixing an issue that was changed to these blue selection bars, so now they are same on all skins at least i havent been able to change them anymore
RC if you want to change them , you have to edit this object !

Code: Select all

Listbox 
Item\ActiveBitmap - for selected item background
@emueyes
for your other questions about miniplayer and infopop up ,
i can't help you at the moment , i have to focus on other things,
but maybe this side "How to skin MediaMonkey v3.0 and higher"can help you,
if you got questions you can ask or search in this forum!
you have change some Artwork for the things you want to do.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Yep thanks dreadm but everytime i've tried in past it hasnt worked on my systems just gave up on it maybe it will again havent checked cause of that other mm4 skin error i've been getting that was never fixed, maybe it was connected to why theses bars didnt work,? But will just have to check it out again some time. But i'm not going tomake skins like i was time to let you guys do more ideas for them. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

I know this thread is a bit old, but this seems a natural next step.

I just found this http://cd-art-display.software.informer ... /download/

It has a nice minimalist look, has the playback controls I wanted, and offers some control over skinning. Quite classy the way it takes cover art then puts a translucent border on it like a CD cover. I'd recommend a look at this.

Seems odd that what I assume is their website doesn't have much on it though, and download requests drop to a hosted fileserver.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Here is a more readable version of this skin after doing some quick theme edits...

Also the associated monkeyrok skin...

For the skin, just move the .msz file to Mediamonkey's skin directory (C:\(..)\MediaMonkey\Skins)

For the monkeyrok skin, unrar the file in C:\(..)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins

Sorry for not having fancy installers..

Skin: http://www.mediafire.com/?eavidn9nowafi5g
Monkeyrok skin: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmihs8v7vvga4ak
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Here's a quick and dirty Monkeyrok skin for G-Monkey's darker alter-ego (G-Monkey PS). Thanks to CoachUK whose Track8 monkeyrok theme formed the basis for this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t64wh22xlivguux
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
zloh

Post by zloh »

For some reason this skin allows the player to be dragged to the top, but then reverts to bottom on a restart
- any ideas how i can make the player bar stick to the top?

(thanks for the most beautiful MM skin)
blackdragonbird

Post by blackdragonbird »

Great skin but is not compatible with small icons in taskbar, the taskbar player is too taller. Someone have any variation that allow me to use small icons?
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

The best skin out there!! Easy on the eyes and very user-friendly. Nice Job.

If I could tweak one little thing, however, it would highlighting the current song playing in the main music list or any playlist. As of now, the current song is displayed in not-so-boldy Bold lettering, but its hard to see it in a large list on a large screen.
Jodie1

Post by Jodie1 »

I absolutely love this skin, but I absolutely must have a stop button. And if you have a toggle for the playlist, why not one for the "art & details"?

Caveat this: I never have commented before, and this being the first time, I must reiterate that I find of the best skins I've seen (a total of 4) only 1 had the much needed stop button.

That would be in the lower left hand corner alongside the back - play/pause - next buttons. Just put it in the lower left corner, IYAM (if you ask me).

And don't forget the toggle button for the (redundant) now playing window (aka Art & Details).

These two additions would make your skin the primo, number-one, most popular skin there could be.

At least, so far as my experience limits me.

Kudos, and many thanks,
Jodie1

Post by Jodie1 »

I also want to chime in in agreement about the "now playing" item's noticeability. I have to ask: is there a black scheme for Windows 7 I can get which matches this skin (G-Monkey_PS)? I used to skin my XP machine back in 2006 with skins from deviant.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
Jodie1 wrote:I absolutely love this skin, but I absolutely must have a stop button.
well this is just a skin based on a mockup (without stop button) by Aethereal

but is it not enough to right click pause button ? (there is a stop and stop after current button)
you could also made a customize stop toolbar button,
or enable play controls from the nowplaying window ,
and place it near the play controls !
Jodie1 wrote:And if you have a toggle for the playlist, why not one for the "art & details"?
as i know this is not possible,
but would be nice :wink:
Computr0n

Post by Computr0n »

Can this theme please be updated to add support for small icon windows toolbars?

Here's what I mean:

Your theme is otherwise perfect for me, please add this if you can.

Post by Guest »

It can be done. Quatx uses a smaller footprint for its task bar player, 30 pixels in height instead of the 45 pixels used by G-Monkey.
Byrd Preston

Post by Byrd Preston »

Sorry about this but I'm new to MM. I can't find a way to get the player maximized again from the mini. I have right clicked all over the place. "Restore" just brought back the play bar and the only work around I could come up with was to change the skin in options. Any ideas? I am sure that I am missing something. So, please just point me in the right direction. Thanks!