Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Re: Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

Post by CoachUK »

@catbehemoth - Thank you for taking the time and trouble to comment and I'm pleased you like the skin. Welcome to the 'community'.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work on this.
--
The gpzbc
TG9020

Post by TG9020 »

Im trying to install the MR skin and its saying invalid install package. DO you still save the file as a mmip?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Download the file if your computer changes the file from mmip to something else after its saved, just off line unhide / show the file extensions to known files in your settings for your folders, then browse to the folder you saved this file in and make sure you save the file as the .mmip then just double click the file it should install by its self, if you have trouble then start mediamonkey first so it doesnt take time to load before loading skin it might give it one less thing to mess up that way, 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@TG9020 - The MR & LV skins are saved as .zip files. All you need to do is download the file, then unzip it to the location your MR skins are kept in, for example

C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins.

You can unzip the file using any 'zip' sotware package such as WinZip, etc.. You probably have such a thing on your PC already but if not, personally I prefer TUGzip which is free here: http://www.tugzip.com/Downloads.html

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
bssanders

Post by bssanders »

How do I get the skins for MonkeyRoc and Lyrics Viewer to be the Xlite version? I am having trouble making this work. Thanks.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

See CoachUK's response right before yours.
bradscotsanders

Post by bradscotsanders »

rrfpacker wrote:See CoachUK's response right before yours.
thanks rrfpacker, but I did see the response, that is why I was asking for help. It seems that I cannot locate the skins for MonkeyRok or Lyrics Viewer when selecting Tools/Options/MonkeyRok Settings/Skin. There are no selections for "OriginX" The same is true for Tools/Options/Lyrics Viewer/Theme. I have loaded the unpack zip files for the skins into my location folder for skins: c:/Program Files/Media Monkey/Skins. Any help is appreciated.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

The location Coach posted is where the skins for LV and MonkeyRok need to be. Otherwise they won't show up.

If you go to that location you'll see a scripts folder under MediaMonkey and in that you'll see an LV folder containing a themes folder. I assume it's the same for MR but I don't have that installed to verify.
Stop Button Freak
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Thanks Vyper and rrfpacker for replying to the earlier posts. Sound advice as always.

@ bradscotsanders

For clarification, earlier versions of MediaMonkey used to look for Theme skins in C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Skins. Version 4 still does pick up that location for Theme skins but the preferred location for these is now C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Skins. If you ever find yourself with two instances of a skin appearing in your list, the chances are that you have put a copy in both locations.

Similarly, older versions of MM looked for MR and LV skins in the C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins directory. Version 4 doesn't seem to check this alternate location any longer and wants these in the C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins directory. (For LyricsViewer it's C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\LyricsViewer\themes).

I hope this is helpful and means that you can get the MR skin up and running.

:)
bradscotsanders

Thanks CoachUK for the 'specific' details on the skins. I did find that since I did not embed my build of MM on the C drive, my location is vastly different. In case others have a difficult time locating the exact directory, mine was located here:

Note: (Windows XP Professional/Service Pack 3)

<drive>/Documents and Settings/<user>/Application Data/MediaMonkey/Scripts/LyricsViewer/themes (for Lyrics Viewer skins)
<drive>/Documents and Settings/<user>/Application Data/MediaMonkey/Scripts/MonkeyRok/skins(for MonkeyRok skins)

Thanks again for a great look on the skin. I do have one more question! How to get the player to lock in place on the center column (like displayed on your example)?
bradscotsanders

I am posting again thinking that my question was buried in the post. I want to get the player anchored under the center column like displayed in the first post (Xtreme). Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Just click and drag it. It may take a couple of tries before you find the right spot that "grabs", but that's all there is to it.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@ bradscotsanders

Exactly as rrfpacker says, position cursor on a solid part of the player body (top corners are usually good) and left click and hold down the mouse button. Now drag the player to the position you want it.

Think of the theme as being able to be divided into 3 vertical panels.
If you already have three panels, drag the player to the lower half of the centre panel and let it go. A lot of people like to have the Nodes tree in the left panel and use the right panel for MR, LV or artwork, etc.
Just remember that if you drop a player into the left or right panels, the panel will either increase in size to the size of the player (It won't necessarily reduce in size when you remove the player so you may need to resize it manually), or the player will be obliterated where it reaches the far edge of that panel.

It really is a question of trying out things to suit your own taste which is, of course, one of the best things about MediaMonkey....make it what YOU want it to be.

Hope this helps.

And thanks to rrfpacker for his swift response....unfortunately I'm not online that much at this time of year with the pressures of my business so he very kindly keeps an eye out :wink:
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

And thanks to rrfpacker for his swift response....unfortunately I'm not online that much at this time of year with the pressures of my business so he very kindly keeps an eye out
Thank you for that...I can respond quickly because I have nothing else to do. :)

BTW, I usually place my player at the top, above the main panel, between the left and right panels, to save space. Works with most players.