Help with changing theme text color

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

therealjoeblow

Help with changing theme text color

Post by therealjoeblow »

I'm using the G-Monkey_PS theme and like it very much, but in a darker setting, the very white color of the text in all of the panels has too much contrast making it a bit difficult to read, and I would like to change it to something perhaps more like the Winamp Bento skin, which is a little darker blue/grey.

I read the skinning wiki and downloaded the skin editor and am at a loss to make what I thought would be a simple change like this.

Can someone please help me out?

Many thanks!
TRJB
rovingcowboy

Re: Help with changing theme text color

Post by rovingcowboy »

i have not done it in years. but i think i said how in my fast newbie walk through at the wiki site. not sure if i said how on your windows but i did write it as i was doing it in the skin editor so i should have put that in there too. 8)

no it was just a fast step by step how to get one changed image wise. you have to read the all text advanced lesson there.

from what i remember you have to use the editor and just click on the text in the middle of the menu to change the fonts and colors.
but windows did change what fonts can be changed so as to the ones in your issue they might not be allowed to be changed?
more detail in what window fonts you want changed will help others help you. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
therealjoeblow

Re: Help with changing theme text color

Post by therealjoeblow »

Basically I want to change all of the fonts in the primary interface to a darker/lower contrast color:

IE, for the Music view, in the:

Artist pane
Album pane
Genre pane
The large panel with media details below that that shows Artist/Album/Title/Track/Length/Extension/Path/Bitrate/Etc...
Playlist pane

...Ideally for all of the screens available on the navigation tree at the left (now playing, music, classical music, podcast, audiobook, video, etc...)

Does that make more sense to you? Is there one simple font to change or are the multiple places that needs to be done?

Essentially, the VitreousDark skin has the font colors that I want in the G-Monkey_PS skin. I'm assuming there is no *simple* way to copy those over?

Many thanks!
TRJB