Modding: Increasing size of the status bar?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Pathduck

Modding: Increasing size of the status bar?

Post by Pathduck »

Hey,
I've been using the excellent Delletronic skin for years now, but recently with Windows DPI scaling improvements, there are some minor quirks. Generally the skin works really nice for the most part, but one thing is the status bar, where the font now doesn't always fit:

So not a big deal, but I'd like to fix it in the skin. I know how to use the editor, but I have no idea what to change for this one - I assume it's the one called 'Status bar' but which element, the Frame/Panel, or others?

I can't make it change anything... :oops:
CoachUK

Re: Modding: Increasing size of the status bar?

Post by CoachUK »

I'm not certain if DreadM is currently active on here as he doesn't seem to have visited since last October, but a PM to the author of the skin is the best and most appropriate way to get a change made, especially as that may mean changing the graphics used...but I'm not sure if that is the case with this skin as I don't use it myself.

However, as a quick solution, why not tackle it the other way and reduce the size of the font used? If you know how to use the editor, go to the fonts section and find 'Status Bar Text Normal' in the list and select it. Click on the change button just to the right of the panel and a summary of the font used is displayed. Try setting it one or two points lower e.g. make 8 pitch down to 7 and try that. Save the Theme file and then recompile in the skin. As a precaution, it's always wise to make a copy of the skin before you start so you can revert back if it goes whatsits up.

Hope this helps.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Pathduck

Re: Modding: Increasing size of the status bar?

Post by Pathduck »

Hi thanks for the reply - yes I could as well try to change the font. Problem is, the font is already too small on my TV. And scaling set to 150%.

Didn't think about messaging the author directly. Might try it, but it's been years since any of them were active here. I have actually done minor changes to the skin myself over the years, like the size of the search dialog and so on.

Thing is, I don't think this is directly skin related, and maybe not even changeable in the skin. That's why I'm asking. Because I see the same thing in every skin, even the default ones. So maybe this cannot be changed.

I think what happens is, with DPI scaling on, the font gets bigger, to be visible on hi-DPI displays, but the size of the status field is hard-coded to pixels.

Basically if anyone knows what the name of this field is and where in the editor I can change its size, it'd be much appreciated. Otherwise, I'm sure I can live with it until MM5 gets to a point of being usable...