Can't add songs anymore

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sonicendeavor

Can't add songs anymore

Post by sonicendeavor »

Hi All,
I've been using MM Gold for years now with no problems, and all of a sudden today neither the "file monitor" or the "add/rescan tracks to the library" will work.
It just flashes for a half second, then does nothing.

- The database appears to be fine, as it shows all my tracks, allows me to update the tags, plays all my playlists, etc.

- I compacted the database just to be sure, but that didn't help.

- If I use the My Computer node in the MM Music Explorer Tree, Add/Rescan works and I can see and play the new songs, but I just can't add them to the library.

- I used Windows Explorer to sort based on the tag info and did find 3 MP3's with some slight corruption in the first frame, which MP3Trim readily fixed, but still no luck importing.

- I triple checked the File Monitor settings, and even removed and readded my music folder to it just to be sure. I made sure both MP3 and APE are checked (the only two formats I have).

- I downloaded the latest version of MM Gold this evening hoping that might fix the problem, but it didn't.

- Ran multiple spyware checkers and a virus scan too.

My library is a reasonable size - around 8,400 songs, and I have 160 gigs of available space on my hard drive, which is defragged monthly.

Any suggestions as to what I might try next to get MM to once again scan my folder for new music?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bill
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

did you change the virtual cd location?

if so, the virtual cd folder needs to be separate from your main library folders, as mm manages the virtual cd files differently/separately than regular library files.
sonicendeavor

Post by sonicendeavor »

Teknojnky wrote:did you change the virtual cd location?

if so, the virtual cd folder needs to be separate from your main library folders, as mm manages the virtual cd files differently/separately than regular library files.
No, but apparently my cat must have. ;-)
That did the trick!!! Thanks much for the speedy response!

Post by Guest »

Interesting, I had exactly the same problem, and it appears for the same reason.

I am a new user, just installed. The initial library import worked, but I was not able to add/scan anything in my library folder. I found this post, and moved the virtual CD folder (which I had not touched, since I didn't know what it was yet) to a different folder and suddenly add/scan worked.

Did a default install.