Members Skinning Project. 1 is ended

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Members Skinning Project. 1 is ended

Post by rovingcowboy »

forget it lack of intrest from members

i am finishing it myself. 8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
agge

Post by agge »

Good idea!

//Agge
Last edited by agge on Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

um?? is the good news that you are going to make part of this project from your new skin? :o

or that you just wanted to post your making a new skin, which should be good news but not in a project thread, :-? unless your going to use part of your skin to fill one of the parts of the project? :)

if so you forgot to mention what part you are willing to do.
the only one so far completed is my floating / mini player skin.

so these are left to be made.

1. main player skin.
2. theme skin.
3. micro player vertical skin
4. micro player hort.. skin.

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
8)
agge

Post by agge »

Sorry. didnt mean to mess up the thread. I wasn't planning to just make a part of a skin but to design the hole macarony :wink: I will delete my last post to not confuse anyone:P
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

you did not mess up the skin project thread much.

i was just hoping some one had taking part of the project
and was going to start on it.

I'll post now. that i nobody partakes in this project by the 2 week mark of the date i first posted the thread. i will finish it my self and keep the skin for my self as a private skin. why?

simple i posted this as a project skin to get others involved in skinning. its not hard to do. i did the floating player in 8 hours.

and i already have other parts completed just in case i end up keeping the skin for my self.
but i thought this as a good way to get some participation by other members.

how ever if need be I'll finish it and make it a private skin.

8)

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi.
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

you kind of chose a hard time for me to work on it -- i just started college and there is WAY more stuff to do than work on a skin right now lol, but maybe i'll get in on something like this later...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thanks. but i don't think there will be any more projects like this. not from me atleast.

out of almost 10,000 members only 2 have posted here and said anything in the hint of they would like to do the project.
and only 180 people have looked at it.

so this looks like it will end up a private skin for me only.
thats a shame. the micro players are super simple to make
takes about 3 hours for one of them.

i know theres lots of stuff for college when you just start. the teachers all think you have nothing else to do but study and go to class, they forget you have to sleep and study and eat and go to 5 other teachers classes in the same day..

kind of sounds like highschool too?

:wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
agge

Post by agge »

Why have it private for your self? Spread it and let other Monkeys enjoy your skin too. Don't get me wrong but it is kind of hard to get other people to do things. I'd love to see your skin rowing cowboy.
If you'd like you could post a preview of the skin here:)
Happy bananas //Agge
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well looks like it will be a public skin after all.

rusty told me to remember they are making a new site where
we can PUT our skins online, on monkeys site.

so i take it that he was giving me a hint to put it in public even if i have to finish the project skin. so i'll finish it and make it a public skin.

think of a rock and roll skin. and you might come up close to what i am doing. 8)
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

What are you getting so shirty about, Roving Cowboy/Keith Hall/Monkey Hi Fi? Not everyone can spare the time to make skins - they must take hours of dedication and a certain level of skill. I work a part-time job, and spend the rest of my time working on my masters dissertation (which makes for 50-60 hour weeks, sometimes more) and the last thing I want to hear is you reprimanding people for not giving up their free time to make skins!

And, by the way, I'm glad Morten doesn't have the same attitude as you regarding sharing, otherwise we wouldn't have the two best skins available for MM3 right now (Glided and WMP11).

Spread the peace, brother...
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

durden999uk wrote:What are you getting so shirty about, Roving Cowboy/Keith Hall/Monkey Hi Fi? Not everyone can spare the time to make skins - they must take hours of dedication and a certain level of skill. I work a part-time job, and spend the rest of my time working on my masters dissertation (which makes for 50-60 hour weeks, sometimes more) and the last thing I want to hear is you reprimanding people for not giving up their free time to make skins!

And, by the way, I'm glad Morten doesn't have the same attitude as you regarding sharing, otherwise we wouldn't have the two best skins available for MM3 right now (Glided and WMP11).

Spread the peace, brother...
I'm perplexed ? i posted i was going to finish it any way and make it public.

and you start up the cr_p messages did you not see the last message?

you need a drink and a calm night off of the studying for masters. it is making you to touchy.

and as for the best skins being mortons thats debatable, because to each his own liking, morton does good at what he does.
i do good at what i do.
he like smooth finish face fronts. i like things that look different then other players or other real stereo units.

i was coming back here to say i have it finished but you might not want it now with your attatude so i'll guess its not important enough to have nice looking skins that are different then others. atleast not for you now.

but maybe after your studies you might feel better.

8)
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

no, i definitely got the same impression that durden did; i think you need to calm down a little too. You are basically holding the skin ahead of us as a little toy to mess with us right now by saying you are going to release it, then not going to release it. Everybody appreciates skins -- its that simple -- you shouldn't have to have people give their thanks all the time, give up their time to work on skins when they don't have it available, or anything like that. just be happy that people are using your skins and that your final product is something that you are happy with.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tommae88 wrote:no, i definitely got the same impression that durden did; i think you need to calm down a little too. You are basically holding the skin ahead of us as a little toy to mess with us right now by saying you are going to release it, then not going to release it. Everybody appreciates skins -- its that simple -- you shouldn't have to have people give their thanks all the time, give up their time to work on skins when they don't have it available, or anything like that. just be happy that people are using your skins and that your final product is something that you are happy with.
Sorry, have to disagree with you here. RC is not dangling anything out in front of us at all, he said he was going to make it public. Even if he decided to keep it for himself, thats his own decision. He has no obligation to share everything that he works so hard on, and neither does any other contributor. I think everyone that does share what they put time and effort into is very admirable, and they do deserve our thanks whether we've used what they made or not. Just the fact that its an option should be enough of a reason to thank them.

Thanks RC (and others!)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

nohitter151 wrote: Sorry, have to disagree with you here. RC is not dangling anything out in front of us at all, he said he was going to make it public. Even if he decided to keep it for himself, thats his own decision. He has no obligation to share everything that he works so hard on, and neither does any other contributor. I think everyone that does share what they put time and effort into is very admirable, and they do deserve our thanks whether we've used what they made or not. Just the fact that its an option should be enough of a reason to thank them.

Thanks RC (and others!)
He only stated that he was going to make it public because Rusty had hinted that he should (at least that is how I understand things - see below)
Roving Cowboy wrote: so i take it that he was giving me a hint to put it in public even if i have to finish the project skin. so i'll finish it and make it a public skin.
Fair enough if you make something in private and keep it private, but why make a thread on a public board to say that you are making a skin that no-one else can have? It seems to me that RC was, more than anything else, publicizing his dissatisfaction that he wasn't getting any help with the project. And that is what I took issue with in the first place...

But lets not get dragged down into an argument, eh? Spread the monkey love people...(speaking of which, and I'm going slightly OT here, but how many people have you managed to convert to MM? I have a measly 4, but I'm always pushing it where and when I can!)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I'm up to 3 right now! I think that after a stable MM3 is released that number will definitely go up though :D
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.