Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks Bex:

That fixed me right up.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Bugfix update
Version 2.8 (2007-10-31)
- Tuned SQL in some Album nodes
- Fixed "Same Track#'s"-node to also consider Disc#
- Fixed upper vs lower case bug in "Multiple FileTypes"-node

I'm sure there are more bugs and some unwanted behaviours especially with track#'s and disc#'s. (I haven't yet catered for text values in those fields.) Also check for bugs in Album Art nodes, it's quite possible that there are some bugs present there.

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Speed has been greatly improved in the "Albums With..." area. It's clocking in at around 8-10, big improvement over 1 minute.

However, with version 2.8, getting results of inconsistent Capitalization in the THE/AND Artist nodes.
nojac

Post by nojac »

That bugfix really helped! Now it only takes 6-8 seconds to build the Albums with... subnode for my 20 000 tracks.

Thank you again!

I think the new version deserves to be called Version 3.0! (Let 2.x be for MM2)
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Mizery_Made
Hmm, don't understand why this happen to you. I wonder if your db has inconsistent entries of artists? Can you provide some screen shots ?

@nojac
Thanks!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I do believe I know where the problem is. At least in part. "Sun God; Trife Da God" & "Solomon Childs; Trife da God" for instance are two that causes it to throw up Trife Da God. Looked in the Database and there is two listings for Trife, one with each capitalization.

Rescanning the album that contains both of these tracks results in the two Trife listings being consolidated into one under "Trife Da God."

That still leaves two things on my mind, A. Why is it imported from the 2.5 Database in this way in the first place. (two listings) & B. How come this is throwing a flag for your script, since neither have 'The' nor 'And' anyway.

I think I will make note of A over in the Beta forum, as for B... may not be your fault, might just be the fault of this 'bug' or limitation of the Database conversion.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, they should be consolidated into one when migrated from MM2. I consider this as a bug which I'm sure the dev's would like to know about.

The reason why my script finds them (even though they don't contain AND/THE) is that the script removes AND/THE from the artist and then return all "duplicates" regardless of the case.

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Ah, makes sense.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks to gege there is now a MM3 installation package of this script in the first post.

All My Scripts
some1

Post by some1 »

nope, I cant get the MM3 version to work :(

It just doesn't "install", cos the node isn't there :(
When I open it up, MM splash screen is shown for a few seconds, then it goes, I open up mM, and its no there :(
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

does the newer versions also support mm2 within the same script or is mm 2 now frozen?
Bex

Post by Bex »

@some1
It works fine for me, are you using the latest version of MM3 (1098)?

@Teknojnky
No it doesn't and yes, MM2 is "frozen".

All My Scripts
some1

Post by some1 »

Yea, Using the latest version of both! (just downloaded them right now!)
Idea:
Could you do a album exclude? because I don't wish to edit "singles" or "Demos"?
Thanks
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

I can't install the latest MM3 version of the script; it brings up a dialogue box saying 'Product Installation Error'. I'm using Vista and the latest MM3 build - any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hmm... strange, I don't know why it's not working for you. The dev's has said that this area will be improved in the next release of MM3. Hopefully will that fix your problems. Until then I have fixed an additional zip file of the MM3-script which can be downloaded in the first post and installed manually.

All My Scripts