.cue Splitter & Builder

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

popeyekahn

.cue Splitter & Builder

Post by popeyekahn »

Would love to see a .cue splitter and builder added sometime in the future. It would be the last nail in the coffin for other audio apps on my system.
Jesús A.

cue support

Post by Jesús A. »

Mediamonkey should support cue files. I have a lot of classical music stored this way. I know I can split it with the gaps but I prefer the full image.

Since cue files are only "jumps" to a part of the full image I think (I don't know really) that it would be easy to add full support to cue files.

Aditionally, Mediamonkey should be clever enough to split the music automatically when the user send it to an ipod or other player. I like to store the music in flac / ape in a full image with its cue and I don't want to convert it. I know MM convert flac / ape on the fly but splitting the files also would be marvelous.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Check out trixmoto's Cue Reader Script which makes these files more "visbile" when played.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6847
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bytec

Post by Bytec »

MediaMonkey is a good program! I have bought Gold license, but number 1 feature that really I miss is a proper .cue file support.

I installed the cueReader script, but it is not a proper way how to handle .cue files. I think that tracks imported from .cue files should be equal to other tracks in the library, so they can be exported to portable player as separate tracks ...

I would be really happy if this feature would be implemented in near future! :)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi guys
I don't think MM will ever be able to split the files on the fly.
It's just way too complicated an the way to handle it is too specific to the file type (mp3, flac...). This is simply the job of a file editor like mp3DirectCut or CD-Tag.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Erwin1234

Re: .cue Splitter & Builder

Post by Erwin1234 »

Hi all, first post. I have spent some time searching the forum looking for an answer and arrived here.

I was almost ordering MM because I like the on-the fly synchronisation and flac<->mp3 conversion with my ipod. I have ripped all my CD's to single flac+cue images and spent a lot of time tagging them correctly. I used foobar2000 a lot during this process. All tags are in .cue sheets and the cue's are embedded in the flac files. My squeezebox + slimserver software combo does a good job streaming my music through my home. I can select single tracks - completely transparent from single flac CD images. The slimserver does on-demand conversion to mp3 using lame (for low bandwidth connections, e.g. streaming to the internet).

But .. MM does not seem to recognize single tracks in flac images. Not for playing (apart from some addon script) and not for converting to single mp3 files. For such a great piece of software, this strikes me as silly. Why? Foobar can do this, slimserver can do this, others can do this. It is not that difficult to implement, what is the problem implementing this in the MM code?

So this is high on my wishlist, if this works, I'll buy MM at once!
nudiebear

Post by nudiebear »

Well, I bought the Gold edition today. I'm still very much interested in getting built-in .cue support as the lack of this means my media monkey library doesn't match up with what my Squeeze Center makes available.

I've tried the .cue reader script - and it does go a part of the way. But I as well would like each part of a flac file identified by a .cue file treated as a single melody. It really doesn't sit well with me that I have to treat these files differently from the rest of the library.

Hope this will make the next version of MM. Thanks for an excellent program :-)
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

.Cue Splitter is the wishlist please.