AutoPlaylist enhancements

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

shoney

AutoPlaylist enhancements

Post by shoney »

It would be great to have a criteria for auto playlists that says, "Playlist" "does not equal" "Playlist 1". This way, if you have multiple playlists that have similar criteria, the same songs won't be repeated in multiple playlists.

Another great criteria would be to not allow an artist to be repeated multiple times in a playlist. For example, if you want 20 songs rated 5 stars, you don't get The Beatles appearing 6 times.
nynaevelan

Re: AutoPlaylist enhancements

Post by nynaevelan »

shoney wrote:It would be great to have a criteria for auto playlists that says, "Playlist" "does not equal" "Playlist 1". This way, if you have multiple playlists that have similar criteria, the same songs won't be repeated in multiple playlists.
This is already available in MM3, just select the advanced tab of Autoplaylists to enter your criteria.
shoney wrote:Another great criteria would be to not allow an artist to be repeated multiple times in a playlist. For example, if you want 20 songs rated 5 stars, you don't get The Beatles appearing 6 times.
Once again on the Advanced tab of Autoplaylists you can choose the Random option for the sort, you limit the number of tracks in the Show at Most section.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Regarding nr 2:
I don't think you can limit tracks per Artist only per Playlist
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
shoney

Post by shoney »

I believe Bex is correct. I have not found a way to limit the number of tracks per aritst in a playlist. Like I said in my original post, this would be a great enhancement for auto playlists in a future update.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

shoney wrote:I believe Bex is correct. I have not found a way to limit the number of tracks per aritst in a playlist. Like I said in my original post, this would be a great enhancement for auto playlists in a future update.
I'd like to second this request.
ectrader

Limit Number of Tracks for Artist

Post by ectrader »

I too would like to be able to limit the number of tracks for an artist in a playlis.

Thanks
spacefish

Limit to Tracks to Complete Albums

Post by spacefish »

I'll jump on because the topic concerns enhancements. I'd like to see an option for limiting tracks to complete albums.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Re: Limit to Tracks to Complete Albums

Post by nohitter151 »

spacefish wrote:I'll jump on because the topic concerns enhancements. I'd like to see an option for limiting tracks to complete albums.
How would the program know if an album is complete?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

No, not complete as in all tracks are present, but complete as in, if it adds one track from an album, it must add the rest of the tracks from the same album. Winamp has the option for AutoFilling a portable and choosing Full Albums Only as an option. I think this would be perfect for MediaMonkey AutoPlaylists.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Ah, now I understand. Thanks for explaining :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Sorry, I should have explained it with the suggestion. :)
WebNodes
Robbino

Yup

Post by Robbino »

I've also been hoping for a way to limit # number of tracks per artists in my autoplaylists. This is something MM3 definitely could use soon. I love my autoplaylists, but every now and then it'll add too many of 1 artist.
Teknojnky

Re: Yup

Post by Teknojnky »

Robbino wrote:I've also been hoping for a way to limit # number of tracks per artists in my autoplaylists. This is something MM3 definitely could use soon. I love my autoplaylists, but every now and then it'll add too many of 1 artist.
Maybe already exist in MM 3:

# Tracks by artist
# Tracks in album
# Albums by artist

but I think this go by entire library, not what in playlist.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

2 more suggestions for Enhancements to AutoPlaylists

1. Search Criteria "Original Date"
2. Sort by "Album Artist" (Is it me or is this not available? I can't remember now)