Why change the existing hotkeys in MM 3?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MCSmarties

Why change the existing hotkeys in MM 3?

Post by MCSmarties »

Well, so I finally made the move and upgraded from 2.5 gold to 3.0 gold.
I have mixed feelings about 3.0, but I'm confident that I just need to get used to the new features to really appreciate them.

One thing that is bothering me a lot though is the change with the HOTKEYS (keyboard shortcuts).

1. Why did you change the mapping for the hotkeys used in MM 2.5?
I don't like this modification at all, but instead of just complaining I wonder what the reason was for that change.
Can anyone enlighten me?

2. In MM 2.5 I could use global hotkeys such as scan forward/backward and pause WHILE EDITING a file. This does not work in MM 3.0 anymore.
It's a feature I miss a lot because having to close the tag window, scan back the song and reopen the tag window makes transcribing lyrics by ear extremely tedious.
How can I fix this?

Thanks, Martin
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

hmm, well I duno whats changed... but MM 2.5 did not have built in global hotkeys... perhaps another plugin did this?

as for the mm3 global hotkeys not working in the edit mode, I think people where having problems with hotkeys taking precidence over the edit (like shift + <letter>).
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Thanks for your reply Teknojnky, but you're leaving me more puzzled than ever!
:o
Teknojnky wrote:hmm, well I duno whats changed... but MM 2.5 did not have built in global hotkeys... perhaps another plugin did this?
No, I'm positive that I was not using a third-party script.
I could control the player while editing tags in MM2.5, but I couldn't get it to work in MM3.
Teknojnky wrote:as for the mm3 global hotkeys not working in the edit mode, I think people where having problems with hotkeys taking precidence over the edit (like shift + <letter>)
Weird, I never had that happening to me.
All I know is that I could scan forward and backward, and pause the song at will using the hotkeys mapped to the keypad.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my computer but once I'm settled in again I'll do some more testing.