Problem Querying the database during synch

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

Problem Querying the database during synch

Post by martialartsguy »

I am currently running MM3.0.2.1131 & am trying to synch to a 60gb Creative Zen.

When I attempt to synchonize, I get the following error:

For those searching:
There was a problem querying the database:
Could not retrieve data "SELECT ID, IDTrack, Rating, PlayCount, DevicePath, Uploadtime, Converted
FROM DeviceTracks WHERE IDDevice=? and DevicePath=?
" : database Image is Malformed (11,11)

When I push Cancel, it cancels the process; for Retry it loops; for Ignore it does nothing.

I have not had any problems with synching except for it going slow, when I changed the option to convert tracks. I am now not converting tracks for the above process.
PetrCBR

Re: Problem Querying the database during synch

Post by PetrCBR »

Have you installed some anti-spyware, anti-virus or other anti-something ? If so, try to disable it before you run MM if this problem persist.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Unfortunately, I haven't changed or added anything as far as that is concerned.
Jpowers408

Same Problem

Post by Jpowers408 »

I am having the same problem with MM. I am having a problem querying the database with the same error as listed above. I have not installed any spyware or anti virus programs either. I have Defraged and used windoc on computer and it still happens. The program was running fine and then I went and change two options and it started to happen. I think I changed the remove under scores option and update track info when rescanning files. I changed both options back and I still have the same problem. I have uninstalled program and reinstalled two times now still getting the same error message.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Incidentally - I didn't have this problem before uploading to the newest beta as far as I remember. I'm going to go back to .1127 to test this error message again.
Jpowers408

Post by Jpowers408 »

I am using .1127 now and having the problem I found these two threads which are kind of helpful except I can not find this .ini file they talk about. I am using Vista unfortunetly so nothing is ever the same.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3194

http://www.mediamonkey.com/faq/index.php
Jpowers408

Post by Jpowers408 »

I found the .ini file it is located in (your user name)/AppData/Local/MediaMonkey/MediaMonkey.ini
Jpowers408

I think I fixed it

Post by Jpowers408 »

Follow this post and delete this file

http://www.mediamonkey.com/faq/index.ph ... 20database
Jpowers408

It is Fixed

Post by Jpowers408 »

It is fixed now. Thinking back on what happened I was in the middle of renaming all my files when we had a power surge and that must have corrupted the file mentioned above. I am glad it works now I just finished adding my 33,000 songs. :wink:
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Sheesh, now that you mention it - I had a similar crash last night before bed and that must have corrupted my db as well.
iceman

Post by iceman »

I am having the same problem with MM. I am having a problem querying the database with the same error as listed above.
I don't understand any of the previous posts on how to fix this issue. Can someone help? It does sound very similar to my recent problem. Up to now I've had no problem ripping cds with MM and playing any and all tracks. However, my computer froze up the other day and I had to turn it off via the power button. Since then now MM won't rip cds and it won't even play mp3s that I've ripped with Roxio. It says the above error message. Can someone please explain in laymen terms what I need to do to fix this issue? I'm in the middle of a move across state lines and I need to get this problem fixed ASAP before I move.
Please help me?!

I forgot to add that when I'm ripping a cd, the player audio goes all warbly as if the speakers were under water as well. WTF?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

'Database image is malformed' errors can occur if the underlying database has been corrupted. This can happen if the drive is somehow shut down during a
database operation or if a low level kernel level process is interfering with SQL operations (this has been observed with SpyCatcher).

The solution to this is to manually delete the corrupt database so that a new one can be rebuilt. To do so, delete the file located at:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\MM.DB

Windows Vista:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\MM.DB

To increase database robustness see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=75
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
iceman

Post by iceman »

I did that and it seems to have worked. I take it that just wiped the slate clean essentially? So in other words I'll have to now re-add all of my music to the MM library again?!
Thanks for helping me eliminte that problem though. that was frustrating!

Iceman
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Right, you'll have to re-add all tracks to start a new database.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.