Missed album name in Library/Author/Album branch

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

alone

Missed album name in Library/Author/Album branch

Post by alone »

I just tried new beta of SongsDB and noticed one bug - after trying to add new CD with MP3 almost all albums are exported normally except some - instead of Library/{Author}/{Album} all tracks are placed in root Library/{Author} folder, subfolder {Album} does not exists. BTW, this albums appears normally in Library/Album branch
rusty

Post by rusty »

Not sure exactly what you mean here. I tried 'Rip CD' and set a path of C:/My Music/Artist/Album/Artist - Title.mp3 and tracks were ripped as expected (using both Artist and Album in the path). Could you elaborate:
-what do you mean by 'add a cd with MP3' and 'exported'?

Thx.

Rusty

Post by Guest »

Ok. I burn CD's with my favorite albums in MP3 format and want to organize them - with Songs-DB, best choice, because of tree structure and support for OGG format (my another favorite thing). This CD's I add to Songs-DB through "File/Add tracks to library". Almost all of albums are exported properly except some of them, i.e.:

- Artist 1
-- Album 1
--- Track 1
--- Track 2...
- Artist 2
-- Track 1
-- Track 2...

Artist 2 exported abnormality - branch "album" is missed. I noticed none relations with albums or artist name with such behaviour.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Does this always happen with the same CDs (i.e. if you delete a particular CD in which this problem occurs from the Library and then add it back, does the problem occur again?)?

If yes, a possibility is that the CD in question is tagged as a 'Various Artists' cd in Free DB. This means:
Album Artist = Various
Track 1 - Artist 1
Track 2 - Artist 2

In Songs-DB, this is represented as:
Artist 1
-Track 1

Artist 2
-Track 2

Various
-CD Album Name
--Track 1
--Track 2

Does this clarify things?

Post by Guest »

This happens always, and thoses albums is not compilations.

But... i founded such behaviours with another MP3 CD, with OGG albums. <Maybe this is reason (I meaned OGG tracks)?
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm still having trouble understanding exactly what the problem is. Are you saying that if you have a CD full of OGG files, and click 'Add Tracks to the Library', and select the CD, then the tracks are added incorrectly? (i.e. your problem does not occur when you use audio CDs and a freedb lookup occurs, but rather when your CDs contained compressed OGG audio files).

Can you confirm that my understanding is correct? If yes, can you let me know specifically what the directory structure of the CD is, including all filenames? (you can generate a text file containing this information using something like JR directory printer posted at http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/ ). Also, are the tracks on the CD tagged with Title/Album/Artist information?

thx.

Rusty
alone

Post by alone »

Ok, then I try again...

1) I have CD with tracks in MP3 and OGG formats (NOT CDDA, CD-Audio etc - you know already what i mean?)
2) Tracks placed in such scheme:
<artist_id>/<album_id>/<track_number>.<format>, i.e. ch/15y/01.ogg
3) All this tracks has tags, mp3 both ID3.1 and ID3.2, OGG it's own.
4) This is full-album tracks
3) I trying to add this disk to Songs-DB (File/Add tracks to library)
4) All tracks are added succefully both MP3 and OGG, with

But with one NO. OGG tracks displayed not correctly. In branch "Library/Artists/Album" i see no album, i.e. i have
library/artists/<artist name>/<song_name1>,<song_name2> instead of library/artists/<artist name>/<album_name>/<song_name1>,<song_name2>. In branch "Library/Album" i see those albums, but without artist name, i.e.
library/album/<album_name>/<song_name1>,<song_name2> instead of library/album/<album_name>(<artist name>)/<song_name1>,<song_name2>.

I tried both 500 and 503 betas.

OGG tracks properties have "track title", "artist", "album" properties but does not have "album artist" property. Since I set this property, all ok.

So resume is: property "album artist" missed in added OGG tracks.

Yet another note: "varios artists" albums has one IMHO wrong behaviour in
GENRE branch. I.e., "album1" is compilation from various artists song. Ok, thoses artists displayed correctly in library/artist/ branch: Library/Artist/<artist_name>/<track_name> (only this artist songs). But in Genre branch such artists displayed as:
Library/Genre/<genre>/<artist_name>/<album_name>/<all tracks from this album!> (not only this artist songs).

best
Alone
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi there,

Just wanted to thank you for the detailed feedback--I was able to replicate both problems based on your latest description. The first bug will definitely need to be resolved in an upcoming beta.

The second one is an inconsistency that we'll also have to resolve, though the means of resolving it is debatable.

Rusty

Post by Guest »

Songs-DB is very good software, and thanks for remaining it free!

Another issue: "Player" radio group has no one checked radio (when "internal player" used) in "Setup player" form.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thank you for your the compliment.

Are you saying that in the Tools|Options|Player menu, in the 'Choose Player' section, no radio button is selected by default (i.e. when the internal player is used, you don't see:
(o) Songs-DB Player
( ) Winamp 2

Please confirm--I'm not sure I understand you correctly, since the above seems be working fine in 1.4 build 506. Also, please confirm what version of Songs-DB and what OS you're using.

thx.

Rusty

Post by Guest »

rusty wrote:Thank you for your the compliment.

Are you saying that in the Tools|Options|Player menu, in the 'Choose
Nope, I see this in form "Setup player", which evoked from internal player popup menu.
rusty wrote: Player' section, no radio button is selected by default (i.e. when the internal player is used, you don't see:
(o) Songs-DB Player
( ) Winamp 2

Please confirm--I'm not sure I understand you correctly, since the above seems be working fine in 1.4 build 506. Also, please confirm what version of Songs-DB and what OS you're using.

thx.

Rusty
I see no one checked radio button, as below:
( ) Internal
( ) Winamp

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I forgot - I use Songs DB 1.4 build 506
rusty

No Radio Button is selected for Internal vs. Winamp

Post by rusty »

Ahhhh... Now I understand--it's reproducible on my machine (and on any machine, I suspect). Should be a quick fix.

thx for your vigilance ;-)

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

Beta 4 fixes both the OGG/Album Artist problem, and the player configuration bug.