Combining two Last.fm AutoDJs

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

What AutoDJ do you use?

You may select 1 option

View results

TJOHO

Combining two Last.fm AutoDJs

Post by TJOHO »

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, but I have discovered that, although both scripts say to disable other auto-DJs they actually complement each other well because one is a bit slower in quering Last.fm than the other.

So, if you have both ScrobblerDJ and the AutoDJ function of Last.fm Node active, you will get two new songs whenever you reach the end of your Now Playing list rather than just one.
The two scripts sometimes end up with quite different selections, so this makes for really interesting mixes!

Also, sometimes one of the scripts will come up empty-handed because of the way I have set up my requirements and the relatively obscure artists I sometimes listen to, but this ensures that something is always loaded.

If anyone is curious: the only time both scripts failed to find anything was when I was listening to the mashup artist Norwegian Recycling.

Try it out! :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

I voted Other as you do not Have ScrobblerDJ AutoDj in selection.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've also selected other as I'm currently switching between ScrobblerDJ AutoDJ and my own AutoAutoDJ.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,

There is no 'None' option.

Daz
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

@Peke: I don't quite understand your comment. One of the options is ScrobblerDJ. Obviously that means ScrobblerDJ AutoDJ (what else does ScrobblerDJ do but be an AutoDJ? Am I missing something?).

@DazB: Implied in the question is that you are using an AutoDJ. If you are not, your vote is not really that interesting, is it? :)