Lyrics in iPod Classic - I need a favor

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

cali

Lyrics in iPod Classic - I need a favor

Post by cali »

My iPod can't display lyrics synced via MM, every time I get a 'Unable to display ' error. But if I add the lyrics directly into the iPod (no syncing), the lyrics are shown. Jiri says that syncing shouldn't modify the track, so I want to rule out a specific problem with my computer.

Can somebody with a Classic please try to sync a track with lyrics and see if they're displayed? If they're not, then MM is somehow doing something to the lyrics.
cali

Post by cali »

No one?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sorry, don't have a classic..
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bugten

Post by bugten »

I have a 3G Ipod Nano. No lyrics here either.
shoney

Post by shoney »

I have a classic and have the same problem. I added the lyrics to the song in the MM library and synced. My iPod said "Lyrics detected, but unable to retrieve". Then, using MM to open the file on the iPod itself, I added the lyrics to the file. Doing it this way made the lyrics appear on the iPod. Very cool, but I would prefer to add the lyrics to the songs in the MM library and have them sync to the iPod rather than having to add them directly to the files on the iPod.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please try to e-mail me the track having this problem. I need both the file before it's synced to iPod and also the file modified in iPod.

Thanks,
Jiri
shoney

Post by shoney »

jiri,
do you mean the file with the lyrics before synced to the iPod, and then the file on the iPod with the lyrics added using the workaround?
shoney
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, exactly.

Jiri
Snatcher

Post by Snatcher »

Hello, I have the same problem with my ipod nano video.

First Time I sync the files, they got the lyrics with them. After some syncs without removing the files (just updating its playcounts, or stars etc) the lyrics disappear and that error message starts showing.

I need to check at my home if the original file on my HD is still keeping the lyrics in its tag (last time I checked answer was YES)

UPDATE: problem is with songs that, after synced to the ipod, have its rating changed in the ipod and then synchronized back to mediamonkey (the ratings) - from that moment on, the lyrics start being unavailable on the ipod.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I can't reproduce either this way. As I wrote above, anyone able to reproduce this, please send me the requested files, preferably also with iTunesDB file from iPod, best of all when there's only few tracks there.

Jiri
shoney

Post by shoney »

I just emailed you the 2 files to check out.