Album artist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Lona

Album artist

Post by Lona »

Okay, I have tried MediaMonkey 3 for some time now and I like most things, but in my opinion there is one step back compared to MediaMonkey 2.

Why are 'album artist' and 'artist' combined?

By combining the two I'm forced to use the advanced search in order to select albums of an artist and to get single tracks that appear on a certain compilation/mix cd.
(It would be totally awesome if it would be possible to customize the simple search, for example I use 'album artist' and my custom field 'quality' a lot and never use 'comments' or 'lyrics'.)
grommet

Post by grommet »

You do realize you can change the tree view, right? Add in "Artist" instead of "Aritst & Album Artist"...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

grommet wrote:You do realize you can change the tree view, right? Add in "Artist" instead of "Aritst & Album Artist"...
Your comment sent me scurrying over to MM3 to check my node options. Artist is now the default for new MM3 installs.
Lona

Post by Lona »

I can't consider a tree node with album artist to be a replacement for the search engine because I have far to many album artists in my library. It would make searching for a certain artist pretty time consuming.
(And I'm not even talking about entering the last name of the album artist, but the node sorts by the first letter (usually first name).