multi media keyboard not working in minimised mode

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Felix Atagong

multi media keyboard not working in minimised mode

Post by Felix Atagong »

My multimedia keyboard works fine when Songs-DB is the visible open application, but not when Songs-DB is minimised to the tray or when another application hides Songs-db, like Internet Explorer does now when I'm typing this. I'm using the internal player of Songs-DB, not an external one.

Keys not working: play/pause, forward, backwards, stop.
Keys working: mute sound, volume, sound setup.

Keyboard is: French Azerty dell keyboard, came with Santa Cruz - Turtle Beach sound card, Win XP.

NP: Auntie Aubrey 2 - The Orb remix project (UK version)
Felix Atagong
http://atagong.com
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Same problem for me... (command is displayed as OSD but that's all).
Mute and volume +/- are ok as they are system-controlled i think.

Windows XP and french AZERTY keyboard as well !

Octopod
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. The next beta should have this resolved, though we'll need your help to test the fix.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Fixed in beta 4. Let me know if it works for you please.

thx.
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Hi,

I just tested my MM keyboard with the new beta 4 (1.519).

Well, still not working when SDB is minimized... :-?

But buttons now react when SDB is displayed (new feature for me: did not work with previous betas).

Here is a state of the buttons reactions when SDB is displayed:

- Play/Pause:
1. Nothing happens when a song is played
2. "Pause" is activated on the player when no song is currently playing :o

- Stop: No reaction

- Rew (resp. Fwd): Working but... when i'm playing track #3, it jumps to track #1 (resp. #5). If "Now playing" is displayed, track #2 is quickly in bold characters (resp. #4) before track #1 (resp. #5) is finally played... (note that keeping one of these buttons pushed, a very unpleasant sound is produced and SDB finally hangs and must be killed.

Well, sorry for those bad news... I have to notice i have a VERY CHEAP mm keyboard (french AZERTY), not a Logitech or MS one!

Volume +/- still working as well as "Mute".

I hope this can help you (perhaps someone could confirm the behaviours i observe).
Felix Atagong

Post by Felix Atagong »

Octopod wrote:(perhaps someone could confirm the behaviours i observe).
Just downloaded the new build and I can see no differences with the multimedia keyboard. The play/pause, next and previous track buttons do not work in minimised and hidden mode. Mute, volume (+ or -) and Santa Cruz Settings buttons work, but as was observed earlier these are system-controlled rather than software controlled.

In active mode the buttons work fine and I don't have the strange behaviour Octopod has.

NP: Robert Wyatt - Nothing Can Stop Us.
Felix Atagong
rusty

Post by rusty »

:-? Maybe I should have invested in a $20 keyboard...

Anyhow, I think it's really fixed (in the latest internal builds--tested with a keyboard emulator), and you'll get another try in the next beta...
Felix Atagong

Post by Felix Atagong »

I really appreciate your efforts, Rusty. BTW, my Dell/Santa Cruz - very expensive - keyboard is a sucker also as the volume button never seems to react properly. I mostly adjust volume with the volume icon at the system tree to get some 'fine' tuning. :cry: But I'm looking forward to the new build!
np: Snowy White - Land Of Freedom
Felix Atagong
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thank Jiri--he actually fixed it ;-)
rusty

Post by rusty »

This was fixed again in beta 5. Let me know if you have any problems.
thx.
Felix Atagong

Multi Media Keyboard Bug Has Been Resolved

Post by Felix Atagong »

Bug's been fixed! Thanks.
NP: Snowy White - Goldtop
Felix Atagong
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Well...

I'm not lucky, it's not working for me.

All is ok in "active mode" but i observe a lot of problems after the 1st "stop" in minimized mode (songs jumped by backward/forward, play/pause without effect, ...)

I repeat i own a VERY CHEAP MM keyboard and perhaps it is TOO CHEAP for such "advanced" functions... :wink:

Happy to know it's ok for Felix!
rusty

Post by rusty »

If anyone else has experience similar to Octopod's please comment.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yap! Me too.

MMKeys works fine with SDB active but in minimize mode :cry:

I have found that MMkeys are alocated for active Window and not for tray Icon :( well possible problem as I see is in keyb. driver and windows calls which minimized program puts on Idle and desktop (explorer.exe in W9x) as active for mmkeys so SDB do not recognise pressed key as Windows do not know for which program MMKey Action is intendent.

I have Turbo Vision MMKeyboard with 23 MMkeys KE-9801.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Felix Atagong

Post by Felix Atagong »

Just downloaded the monkey business :lol: and tested my keyboard, it still works well. However (and that was already the case with the previous build) when I want to lower or put louder the sound, my Multimedia keyboard ONLY does that for the internal Songs-DB, sorry!, MediaMonkey player and not for the complete 'soundcard' if you know wadda'mean.
An example may help: in the past (the first builds of the new beta), when the volume was already on the maximum on the internal player putting the volume louder had an effect on the 'MASTER VOLUME' settings, and when the internal volume was already on the minimum lowering the sound also lowered the 'MASTER VOLUME'. Now my volume button only affects MediaMonkey itself (when that application is open, of course). I don't call that a bug, I can live with that. All the rest works OK for me!
Felix Atagong