Problem with forum sessions?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

spacefish

Problem with forum sessions?

Post by spacefish »

My habit is to come to MM and click on View Posts Since Last Visit. For the past couple of days, doing this returns a list that only works for one post thereafter the new posts, even if I've only clicked the Back button, get marked as read (though not by me) -OR- I'll enter the forum, see that new posts are indicated but when I click the View... Since Last Visit link, I get a message that there are no new posts. This is making it very difficult to browse the forums.

Has something changed in the site or the forum version recently? I'm familiar with phpBB forums and this is the only one where I've ever seen this behavior.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.6, cookies enabled and all that.

Edit: It appears as if only the first call in the session is corrupted. If I stay here for any length of time when posts are made, I can view them as I normally would (by clicking View Posts...).
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I'm having the problem too
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

same here i been getting different things when i go to reply it says the images i picked to submit with were wrong,? and when i look it has kicked me out of the forum when i clicked the submit button.

maybe rusty is getting his hosting site ready and that might be causing the errors? its been 3 almost 4 months now since mm3 was released so the new sites might be getting very close to being released?
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Glad to hear it's not just me! Thought I was going nuts.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It seems to be working as expected this morning. Weird.
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I got randomly logged out today and all new posts were marked as read. Quite annoying!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

this is getting old really fast. i got to hunt all the new posts down again cause of this forum crashing again. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
hars

Post by hars »

time to lift it to 3.0.1 perhaps?
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

It might have something to do with using 2 computers, I haven't used my other computer to login into the forum for a few days and it has been fine.

As soon as i used the other PC it logged me out after the first post I read :(

Or it's spat the dummy again :(
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Someone please have a look at this :(

If we need to fix it from our end, no problem, but we need a fix :(
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Totally agreed. I came back from holiday only to find that I can't actually use the "Go to first new post" links because the forum thinks there aren't any more. I haven't logged in for 4 days. According to the links at the bottom, there are supposed to be 6 pages of threads with unread posts. Clicking page 2 however tells me there aren't anymore. Grrrrrr. :evil:
WebNodes
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Aaargh.

Was doing a quick browse after checking a reply notification.

Everything going fine, checked out about 5 new posts in beta, and then switched to Off Topic. Suddenly could not get rid of new posts flag on topics.

Tried Help. Same problem.

Logged out and Logged back in checking remember me (again). Suddenly there were no new posts in any of the forums (wrong).

Psigh.

Edit: And am back to "sticky" new posts flag.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Bump. This is getting really old really fast. I try to keep up to date with the forums as a way of learning and occasionally to provide some help. I depend on the new post state to make this an efficient process.

Is it a cookie thing?
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It would be really nice if the devs (or whoever maintains the forum) would take a look at this. Maybe there's a new phpBB version?
WebNodes
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

FWIW. I have been checking out the Ubuntu 8.04 LiveCD with FF3b5 and absolutely no extensions or browser history / cookies this morning. Run down the checklist and just use if for a few hours before updating any systems for real.

Happened to pop over to the forum after a reply notification showed up in gmail. After logging in the forum seemed to look and act about the way it should. Definitely not seeing the problem with read posts topics staying flagged as new posts available.

Will try cleaning cookies later on WXP/FF2. Also test via IE7. See if that helps.