As with previous betas, keep in mind that this is a release candidate and may contain a number of bugs, some of which have not yet been discovered. The software is being provided for feedback and testing purposes, and is recommended for use only by advanced users who regularly test pre-release software. If you plan on testing it, take precautions to backup your data to protect against any data loss during installation or usage.
What's new in build 555?
- - Improved upgrade process when upgrading from Songs-DB to MediaMonkey
- Fixed sporadic failed OGG encoding on some systems
- Fixed occasional failed updates to 'Now Playing' list with CDs
- Fixed occasional UI unresponsiveness in response to CD removal on some systems
- Fixed tracks saved to Virtual CD cannot be exported to .m3u playlists
- Fixed tracks saved to Virtual CD cannot be burned
- Fixed problem with 'lost' background settings when MediaMonkey is restarted
- Fixed multemedia keyboard volume control should not control only MediaMonkey volume
MediaMonkey 2.0 RC-2: http://www.songs-db.com/beta/MediaMonkey_2_0_1_555.exe
Note: This Beta is now out-of-date! MediaMonkey 2.0 has been released.
1) If you have a previous version of Songs-DB Gold installed, do NOT uninstall it--otherwise you'll have to manually reconfigure the location of your cached files. Otherwise, you can safely uninstall your previous version of Songs-DB before installing the new one.
2) Double-click the downloaded file to install it.