Upload album info to Freedb or MusicBrainz [#3050]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Wargames

Upload album info to Freedb or MusicBrainz [#3050]

Post by Wargames »

Hello,

I like to see options to upload Album info to

1 freedb
2 musicbrainz

grtz,

Wargames
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is a long standing wish for MediaMonkey, no word on if/when it might get implemented.
bcalmac

Re: Upload album info to Freedb or MusicBrainz

Post by bcalmac »

I subscribe to this. It's just a civilized thing to do. You retrieve info from FreeDB, but then you also want to be able to contribute back.
gerthmedien

Post by gerthmedien »

For us this topic is a "Main Feature".

As a Label with 100 new releases / year we want to send our Album Information to freddb
before any custumer canl do it: Mostly wrong writtttten Titlles - you now watt i mean...;- )

Please do implement this Feature soon!!!

Jochen Flimm
Gerth Medien GmbH, Germany
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

gerthmedien wrote:For us this topic is a "Main Feature".

As a Label with 100 new releases / year we want to send our Album Information to freddb
before any custumer canl do it: Mostly wrong writtttten Titlles - you now watt i mean...;- )

Please do implement this Feature soon!!!

Jochen Flimm
Gerth Medien GmbH, Germany
go for it man i am glad to see a company wanting to do the right thing and keep the messed up titles off the net.
i applaud you for this wish. :D 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
cgiesen

Re: Upload album info to Freedb or MusicBrainz [#3050]

Post by cgiesen »

Only 3 years later....
Where is the button to send to FreeDB?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander .. thanks for the link.

You know, it would be nice if MM would just say NO when they aren't going to do something. Putting it in mantis simply gives users the hope that it will be added. Just tell users thanks for the suggestion(s) but we don't really want to do that. After 3 years even good ideas most likely wont get implemented before the current *bling*
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
misterwarwick

sending data to freedb

Post by misterwarwick »

I just had an interesting experience. My daughter and I went to a local pub and a small folk ensemble was playing. They were pretty good. I bought their CD. I took it home and fired up MM and inserted the CD. It came up "unknown" etc. This comes as no surprise - it's a fairly new record by an unknown band, so why would it be in FreeDB, right? I figure, fair enough. and I painstakingly entered all the data for all the songs, where it was recorded, who played what, etc, etc, etc...
Then I figured - heck - I should upload this to FreeDB and do her a favour. Why? Because I'm just that kind of an awesome and kind hearted dude. It's small karma points, but good ones. You know - making the world a better place on FreeDB entry at a time.
Back in the days of iTunes, I could do that, so I figured, this should work, too, even if they use different DBs. Well, lo and behold - I couldn't figure out how to upload the data. I go to FreeDB and ask about "how to upload data to FreeDB". They say "use a FreeDB enabled app - these programs will allow you to do just that!" And they have a list of program that allow you to upload data to FreeDB. Guess which one is NOTICEABLY ABSENT from the list?
Media Monkey. My beloved musical simian app. Waaaah!
This is very disappointing. I think this is an important feature - it helps people feel more involved with their music collection and the artists therein. I would like to know why this lack of ability is so, and if this is tagged as a bug and what's the schedule for its resolution so I don't have to post this once a week like a little crybaby. (Actually, I wouldn't do that, but you know what I mean. This is a pretty essential feature for any music player - Winamp had it, ITunes has it....)
cheers,
HW
hiver

Post by hiver »

I really must echo this request - I would be happy to submit information into freedb to save other people some time. Why would you NOT want to add this to future release?

Regards, Mads
Peke

Post by Peke »

It should be easilly possible Thru scripting as MMW now have DiskID in Library and based on http://ftp.freedb.org/pub/freedb/misc/f ... ntries.zip it is well explained.

Personally I had uploaded 700+ CDs onto CDDB and than it started to be paid service :( alo it lacks of Unicode/UTF-8 and Album Art.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rhaussmann

Post by rhaussmann »

In case anyone got to this thread first, here's a link t o a thread with a link to a freedb upload plugin.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... db#p426321