Find more from same Artists?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

baker

Find more from same Artists?

Post by baker »

I was hoping FindMoreFromSame.vbs would do this but it only returns the top artist. Could someone modify that script or write a new one that would return the tracks of all the artists selected? For example, if you have a number of tracks from different artists selected, this would return all the tracks from each artist in the selection. I am using 2.5. Thanks in advance.
Bex

Post by Bex »

The old MM2 version of this script can do what you want:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13000

But I recommend you to upgrade to MM3 and install the latest version of the script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
baker

Post by baker »

Are you sure? When I tried it, it only returned one of the artists. Maybe I did something wrong. I'll try it again. Thx.
baker

Re: Find more from same Artists?

Post by baker »

I tried using your script 2.6 and I can't get it to work. When it goes to the script menu it gives me a list of the artists I have selected but I can't select all. It will only allow me to select one. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Select all tracks which has different artist you want to find all tracks from.
Right click on the tracks and select "Find more from same - Custom search".
Do your selections and press search.
The result is presented both from individual nodes as well as one summarized node in the tree.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
baker

Post by baker »

Thx Bex but I don't see how I can select multiple artists from the script menu. It gives me a drop down of all the artists but only lets me select one and there is no "All" option. :(
Bex

Post by Bex »

Just select the checkbox for Artist and press the search button. You will then understand how it works! :wink:

All My Scripts
baker

Post by baker »

Arg I must be really dumb but it just doesn't work for me. How do I select multiple artists? The script defaults to the top artist in alphabetical order. Bah. :(
Bex

Post by Bex »

Do you really select a few tracks with different artists and the right click and choose "Find More From Same - Custom Search"?

All My Scripts
baker

Post by baker »

1st I do this...

...and then I do this

But unfortunately that artist list doesn't allow me to select more than one nor do I see an All option. Am I missing sumpin? :roll:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Look in the tree, there you have the seeding songs as nodes. To add all found songs click on the "Find more from same, search result"-Node.
You should also deselect the "Same Content" checkbox.

All My Scripts
baker

Post by baker »

Doh! Now I get it... :oops: Gratis!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Wow :o
I want this too!

Thanks guys to let me discover someting new.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].