New MediaMonkey web site

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: New MediaMonkey web site

Post by Mizery_Made »

"j h at media_monkey dot com" *Blinks* Says MediaMonkey right in the email address.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Mizery_Made wrote:"j h at mediamonkey dot com" *Blinks* Says MediaMonkey right in the email address.
And the subject of the email says which forum post it refers to, confused as to why it matters if it is jh or support. :roll:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

(deleted)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Take it easy, I didn't say that it's a really BIG problem. It's just a minor thing. I know that it shows the title of the mentioned thread but I for example use a lot of audioforums so they look very similar. Not a problem for me though as I never noticed it before.

Btw in Gmail it just shows 'jh' without MediaMonkey.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
jiri

Post by jiri »

The e-mail will be changed to support@...

Thanks,
Jiri
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

The search really needs to be tweaked to handle MM specific searches
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: normalizationsource.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
See other example here
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I agree, although you get better results now, you have to work harder to find the right search criteria.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I agree. Searching is really a problem now.
See other example here
I used this exact string when looking for the Now Playing Art Node script. I ended up having to hit my browser's find function while I visited each page in the scripts forum. Not good. :(
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Wow, back from my holidays and what's new? A new look... The Website and Forum are looking great! I love it! :)
Cu,
PoooMukkel
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,
MoDementia wrote:The search really needs to be tweaked to handle MM specific searches...
Alternatives (for now);

Google: site:http://www.mediamonkey.com/ <YOUR_SEARCH_TERM>
or
Google: site:http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/ <YOUR_SEARCH_TERM>

Daz
Bex

Post by Bex »

A small bug:
- Users can't contact other users through the e-mail configured in the User Control Panel, even if the option is enabled.

Some wishes:
1. It would be great if the "View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics"-links was visible/enabled on every page. For even more convenience I would also like the links at the bottom as well. It's a bit annoying to always have to click Board Index to get to them, especially when you had logged in or answered a post.
2. It's a bit hard to see what forum a post is posted in in various views. Is it possible to bold it or give it another colour?
3. I'm not so fond of having the users "profile" to the right of their posts. I prefer to have it on the left hand side. Can that be changed.
4. The already mentioned limitations in the search are very annoying. Using Google is not always possible. E.g. when you want to find a post/script from a specific user. Please change the current behaviour.

What do you all think?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

3) I actually enjoy the right position of the user data. I assume additional skins could allow for different configuration options for different users.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Does someone have a screen shot or 2 of the old forum? (with the apricot? background)
There are some differences that I just can't put my finger on to be able to make comments on
I still really don't like the new forum (mainly the dark skin).
Alhough I am quite used to where everything is now I have a feeling that many of them were easier to navigate on the old forum. Just can't remember how :(
ToeAndno

Post by ToeAndno »

Agree with everyone else, this website looks awesome and the forums are much better. A good look for people who enquire about MM for the first time.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

rusty wrote:Welcome to our new site. It's still a work in progress but we hope you like it. Special thanks to the Dave and Levi at Clever Starfish --they've done a great job!

Still to come:
-look and feel integration for the wiki, eSupport, and store
-localized web pages
-dynamic addons site (to replace the current static pages)
The initial upgrade has been in for a while now, can we get some more information about the rest of it?