Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: Adv. Duplicate Find & Fix 3.2.2 (2008-07-03) [MM2&3]

Post by Mizery_Made »

It should have converted your played data too. *Blinks*
Bex

Post by Bex »

@orbital-cortex,

You can try to compact your database in MM2 before you convert it to MM3. It might do the trick.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ariel

Post by ariel »

Bex wrote:Ver 3.2.2 (2008-07-03)
- Added possibility to include seeding tracks to the result in "Find More From Same - Custom Search"
Works great. Thanks.

Reminder:
Bex wrote:The missing menu entry in the NowPlayingMainTrackWindow will also be added, I can't explain why it's not already there! :D
:)

Ariel.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I forgot to comment on that. There is actually a very good explanation to why the menu entry in the NowPlayingMainTrackWindow is missing.
It's currently not accessible in scripts!
However, I asked the devs and they will add the missing method for it in the next version of MM. So the script will be updated with the menu then. :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
lyongo

Post by lyongo »

how in the hell do u download these scripts ?? I cant figure it out , not sure if I am a dumbass or what . I really want the duplicate script amoung others . Thanks for any help :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Often the latest download link is in the first post of the thread.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes. you find download links and instructions in the bottom of the first post.

All My Scripts
ariel

Post by ariel »

Bex wrote:Yeah, I forgot to comment on that. There is actually a very good explanation to why the menu entry in the NowPlayingMainTrackWindow is missing.
It's currently not accessible in scripts!
However, I asked the devs and they will add the missing method for it in the next version of MM. So the script will be updated with the menu then. :)
Great. In a typical scenario I listen to an autoplaylist and when a multiversion track plays, I use the right-click custom search to check if this is indeed the version I want to keep. But then I can't go the previous view, to the generated playlist I was listening to, because it's the autoplaylist and a new playlist will be generated. To return to the same playlist I must go to the "now playing" view.

But that's a "rich man's complaint" - having the custom search available at the right-click "find more" menu has already saved me a lot of time! Thanks again.

Ariel.
TJOHO

Hangs on Paste Metadata

Post by TJOHO »

Hello,
A longtime user of the script on MM2, I had held off on the new version until 3.0.3.1183 was stable - and today I finally upgraded MM and installed the most recent version of your script again. Lots of dupes accumulating in the mean time...

Unfortunately, it does not work for me now!

Here is what happens:

1. I do a custom search, then for one of the duplicates I select the one I want to keep and pick "Copy Metadata".
2. I select the one I want to delete and pick "Paste Metadata"
3. The metadata are pasted and one of the dupes is deleted.
4. However, at this point, I can't browse or search my library! Music queued in Now Playing plays just fine, but any attempts at browsing the library or searching shows it being completely empty!
5. It is also impossible to exit the program and I have to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to stop it.
6. Once I do that and restart MM, I see that no changes have been made - the two duplicates are there and their metadata are intact.

Any ideas?
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

UPDATE:
I realize now that, although the database entries for the two dupes are intact, one of them is now a dead link (i.e. the file has been deleted).

So it's good for deleting dupes, but not for transferring metadata! :roll:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Prior to copying/pasteing did you go into the Options Panel to set up the options for what actions you want?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi TJOHO,

You should copy metadata from the track you want to delete to the one you want to keep.

I haven't experienced anything of the other things you mention. What are your specs? Perhaps a compact database can fix it?

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Bex wrote: You should copy metadata from the track you want to delete to the one you want to keep.
:oops: Of course I should...! That's what I realized, too... Oh well, only one track lost that way.

And to Nyn, yes, I have set the Options. I tried with two option profiles saved for List to List. Both keep most of the defaults, but one would delete right away and the other would give me a confirmation box first. Same result with both option profiles.

Just now, I compacted the database (which I do bi-weekly anyway) and tried again. No change. MM shows the tracks in the custom search and the ones currently queued in Now Playing, but no other tracks. I have to force quit and restart MM to see them, and when I do, the file is gone (of the one I wanted to delete this time! :lol: ) but the database entry remains. Nothing else has changed.

Specs are:
-A Windows XP SP2 virtual machine running on a newish dualcore iMac.
-The virtual machine has allotted 1.5 GB RAM.
-MM, the tracks, and the database are all on a USB external drive.
-MM is 3.0.3. 1183
-The script is 3.2.2.

The only things that are unusual here (virtual machine and running the program from an external drive) were not a problem with an earlier version of your script, nor with any other scripts I have.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, it has probably to do with the virtual machine or USB external drive.
To pinpoint the problem can you do some tests?
(Copy some files so you have something to test on.)
1. Only transfer database values
2. Only copy/paste some tags (exclude album art)
3. Only copy/paste some album art
4. Only delete a file
And let me know if they all produce the same "error".

You can also install the debug version and create a debug log and send it to me. I might then find something, if not I'll ask the devs.

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

OK, I'll try some tests. I can also plug the external drive into a regular (non-VM) XP machine and test there.