unskinned player issues!

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

spacekris

unskinned player issues!

Post by spacekris »

my mm3.

---------------------------------------------------------
1.)
when moving the player window from the top/left onto the "now playing" window:

i think it is supposed to be along the whole playlist window?!

----------------------------------------------------------
2.)
when moving the player window from the top onto the "now playing" window:

now it seems to be on the right,but only two buttons are shown.

------------------------------------------------------------

3.) AND:
i am not able to dock the player ONLY under the "now playing" window, along/undermeath it, without moving under the album art part.

4.) AND:
when you uncheck "dock to window" on the now playing window, it still docks..
Last edited by spacekris on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you are hitting all the docking areas.

it looks like you have the track browser open on top.
the album art on the left. the player is moved on top of the main list view. and the now playing on the right.

if you move the player to the right you need to shrink the others or get a bigger screen. but the right docking area will not auto shirnk the other windows the now playing or the main list view.

you can put the player on the bottom under all the windows it will just be one long player across the desktop.

there is only one dock area in the bottom of the directory tree and you have album art in it. you should beable to move it out put the player in then put album art on top of that.?

you can use the top docking area beside the track browser also.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

seems i didnt make myself clear enough.

i added a complete screenshot.
please read my descriptions again now.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh your saying your having trouble docking it in those locations?

yep it is tricky you got to come in from the lower right side of the screen to get it to dock just above the now playing window
and you have to do the same for getting it to dock in the bottom of dock area, move the mouse slow when you get the top of the player around the border between the list view and the now playing.
same thing when you get the top of the player to the border of the bottom of the now playing and the frame.

both times looks like your trying to dock it to the right of the tree but the window will find the proper dock after some flickering and jittering.

the right side dock is touchy also you have to try and dock it beside the list view by moving it towards the top right of the list views right border.

in doing all of that you must use the point of the mouse arrow for a general area to place at those locations, its almost like the docks open up with the triangle of the pointer when it gets there.?

you might have to resize the areas when you are docking on the right side. it is also easier if you first put the title bar back on the windows when you move them.

and click on an area of the player that has nothing going on in that spot, meaning no text area or button.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

thanks for trying to help cowboy,
but it really does not work.
1.) when docking onto the top of "now playing" the player covers a part of the underneath window and doesnt stretch fully to the right! this is a bug it seems.
2.) it works like you said when moving from the right,but its useless, because the player is on the top right and a thick grey free space underneath wasting the complete right area to the bottom. but ths is not so important for me.
3.) the important part: and there is right now no way to manage this. the player NEVER docks just underneath the "now playing", always stretches along the complete bottom!
4.) the floating "now playing" docks anyway. you cant position it floating freely in the bottom right.
spacekris

Re: wrong docking of mm3 player window

Post by spacekris »

1.) NOT fixed in latest 1183 beta

2.) i think nobody cares about this either.

3.) still one CANNOT dock just underneath the now playing window..

4.) STILL you cannot get the player floating in the right dowm corner for a workaround of 3:) - it will always dock.

5.) you cannot make the player more narrow when in this position (under the browser):
or it will look like this and you are losing the right part (volume control & slider):

6.) why there is still no showing of the bitrate in the unskinned mm ??

i know you have a lot of work and most of the people are using skins maybe,
but thiese are quiet annoying things, espacially the bitrate and 5.) :-? ...
rovingcowboy

Re: unskinned player issues!

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep we care its just taking a back seat to the other errors and more likely got forgotton?

but i see now in your last post.

1. needs to beable to dock in the upper dock location, Question did you try using the track browser on top,
if you get that ontop you can then put the player in the same dock with it and that will be on top then.

2.yes we do.

3 and 4 i think this and 1 might be cause there is a lock on the none skinned mode preventing it from using all the dock areas? not sure but its something for the developers to look at.

5 is due to the skin for the player being set to a certian size which can only be done by coding the player skin for the skin used in non skin mode.

6 is needed to be fixed in the coding of the non skin mode skin also.

i see in the screen shots this skin is not the one i thought it was in the reply to your other thread,
so there is no volume meter on it.
you will get all you want if you do what i said with the renaming of the skin after you load it to get the default no skin, skin.

just never change it. and you will have that aqua skin, but do go to the skins page and look at the converted ones. nohitter151 converted the blue monkey to work on the mm 3 i know its not the non skinned mode but its the player you want in a skin that you don't have to rename in order to get. also he redid peke's aqua, so did i but i call mine aqua blue reef. and got images on it of under the sea.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

rovingcowboy wrote:Question did you try using the track browser on top,
if you get that ontop you can then put the player in the same dock with it and that will be on top then.
yes tried but its still docking as wrong as on my screenshots above.
5 is due to the skin for the player being set to a certian size which can only be done by coding the player skin for the skin used in non skin mode.
now that i tried what you said in the other thread,
i am also not able to save the nonskinned layout anymore!!

this is how the nonskinned player looks NOW:
it seems like my experiments with the skinned player are now magically tranported to the nonskinned player. notice the blank space at the right.

when i now try to squeeze the player, it lookes like this:
notice that the slider is really short.
its now a different problem than in 5.).
now the volume slider is still there when sqeezing the player,
but i cannot get the player like 5.) 1st screenshot anymore, because ther is always this blank space between volume slider and cover artwork like the above screenshot!?

and when i am trying to save the layout (the second screenshot her)
and leave and start mm3 again, it always lookes like the 1st screenshot!

how do i reset the layout now?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay by doing what i said in the other thread which was just to recap here incase someone did not see the other thread.

1. load a skin mm3
2. close mm 3
3. go to the skins folder in mm 3 and rename that skin you used so it now is a different skin.
4. start mediamonkey 3 the skin it had when closed is now not found so it loads the default skin, for not having a skin.
5. don't change to any skin and this will be the skin used.

the reason all the stuff seems to have changed is that you are still in the skin mode.
only using the no skin, skin for skin mode.

it appears that for some reason monkey either has kept the info for making the items slide as in skin mode,
when you switched back,
or it has used the non skin mode's no skin, skin for the default one that is used in the skin mode.
which here i have the aqua skin show up when i do that in the skin mode.

if you can follow all them skin modes great, if not read this.

1. non skinned media monkey really has to use a skin because a skin is what is needed to control the program.
it is just a non changeable skin.
2. skin mode also has a default skin to use when the last skin used is broken or has been removed, i get the aqua skin for that one.

now either you are still in skin mode and got the normal default non skinned mode skin, or you switched back
to non skin mode and all the skin mode settings followed your switch back.

this is telling me in my layman's way of thinking that there is indeed a error in the settings for the non skinned mode's skin. if they did follow your switch from the skin mode.

if you developers can follow that you might get it fixed? i can only point to the general 3 block area of the house with the code error but its a start in your search which the error might be around the corner, right? :)

remember though here in Texas the corners are 20 miles long. :D

8)
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

rovingcowboy wrote:now either you are still in skin mode and got the normal default non skinned mode skin, or you switched back to non skin mode and all the skin mode settings followed your switch back.
[...]
it appears that for some reason monkey either has kept the info for making the items slide as in skin mode,
when you switched back,
yes, thats a bug. lets sum it up:
when you choose a "long player" skin (the player covers the whole bottom of the screen) and you switch back to nonskinned.exe, the player looks like this:
and squeezed:

when you choose a "short player" skin (like the original mm2 nonskinned/winamp style) and you switch back to nonskinned.exe, the player looks like this:
and squeezed:

now the perfect would be something like this when squeezed:
notice the diminished space between the buttons, so there is no space wasted and the longer slider without the need of having two times shown on both ends of the slider.
1. non skinned media monkey really has to use a skin because a skin is what is needed to control the program.
it is just a non changeable skin.
aha, is it possible to exchange ONLY the nonskinned.exe playerskin, with a playerskin from another skin like the original mm2 nonskinned playerskin:
without the other parts of mm3 beeing skinned?

or is this upto the developers of nonskinned.exe which is a differently programed skin?
if this is the matter then again dear developers change the nonskinned.exe skin to showing balance/levelmeters/balance like in mm2. it doesnt have to look like mm2 but like now, with the additions!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your last issue can the player be changed is the same as before not by anyone only the skins author,
they made that skin some how to use what looks like the default images of the windows shell. but with the
the size limits of the skins.

now they can put a skin in there and use it as the default but that would be hard coded in to the nonskinned exe, i think they really did it that way but used the images of the windows shell for the
skin? still i am not sure how since i can't program, but i know they had to do it one of those ways. :o

you are not the only one that has been asking for a more useable non skinned mode skin. others have been asking for it before. but back to the other answer of i think it got put on the back burner when they found all the other errors. :-?
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

well, here is another little nonskinned bug.

when i position the player (undocked) like this:

when i now go to another window (xp) and go back to mm3 (maximized window) it lookes like this:

or like this:

it depends which xp-window was opened before.
the border of the player seems to copy everytime the xp-window which was focused before you focus the mm3 window!

when you click on the player, its normal again.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the selected code for the border, being non skinned mode theres nothing for it to use so it keeps the part of the window that was last used to inducate the player is not selected..

everything your saying here is showing a massive need of the upgrade to the non skinned mode's skin.

:D
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

9 months later.
someone has been working on this quite useless nonskin-skin??
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spacekris wrote:9 months later.
someone has been working on this quite useless nonskin-skin??
unknown the developers might want to spring a surprise on everyone.? :o