MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow

Post by flashk »

Avish wrote:I know it's a minor issue that doesn't affect many users, but for us Israeli users it's a dealbreaker.
Could you please look into that? Or rather, tell me what you're using to render the text and I'll look into it myself? I'm sure this is a solved problem, it's just a matter of finding out how to do it correctly.
I use the FreeType library to convert a single character code into a bitmap for displaying, so it doesn't provide any information regarding rendering direction. I've actually written other OpenGL programs where I have displayed hebrew text, but in those cases I knew ahead of time so I manually reversed the string when displaying it. The problem here is that I don't know how to tell if a string is hebrew or not. I guess I can examine the character code, and if a certain range of characters are present, then assume it is hebrew. Let me know if you have any ideas.
gege

Post by gege »

Hi, flashk
This is simply great. Big thanks!
Now I can fully appreciate my 600x600 AlbumArt collection!
MonkeyFlow is working flawlessly in my old GeForce 5600.

Obviously, I have a suggestion for future improvement: please, add playback controls to MonkeyFlow interface.
This way we don't need to exit Fullscreen mode to control playback.

Cheers.
Avish

Post by Avish »

flashk wrote:My biggest issue is that I cannot embed the app inside MM. If anybody knows how to embed Python scripts inside MM please let me know.
I think the best option would be to make it into a plugin. A preliminary googling reveals that there are Python bindings for Winamp plugins and since MediaMonkey plugins are compatible with Winamp ones, this should be doable and not too hard. That way you can make it into a visualization or an item in the tools menu or whatever.
flashk wrote:When an album is selected in MonkeyFlow I wanted that album to be selected in MM as well, but I'm not sure how to go about that. Should it be selected in the Albums node, or the Aritst->Album node? I'm open to suggestions on how display the selection within MM.
As always, when developing for anything as general-purpose as a media library or player, you should allow for customizations. Let the user choose whether selecting an album in MonkeyFlow selects it under Album, Album Artist->Album, Artist->Album or anything else.
flashk wrote:The problem here is that I don't know how to tell if a string is hebrew or not. I guess I can examine the character code, and if a certain range of characters are present, then assume it is hebrew. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Since it seems like you don't do any fancy 3D stuff to the text itself, why not render the entire text to a temporary canvas, leveraging native unicode rendering, and only then make it into a bitmap for rendering? That way you won't have to worry about implementing Unicode directionality rules, which can be quite complex for multi-directional text (such as Hebrew with numbers, which is fairly common).

And again, keep up the great work!
gege

Post by gege »

Hey, flashk
Just in case you need some inspiration to improve MonkeyFlow, here are some links I think you should take a look at.

http://www.macreviews.net/tag/coverflow/
http://www.cddesign.com/covertalk/archi ... ow_on.html
http://www.coverstream.net/

Cheers.
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

flashk wrote:Thanks. For my 4000 album collection the cache is around 130 MB, so I never really considered it a problem. How big is your cache folder?
The cache is more like about 500mb large. Perhaps you could all covers in a converted size? 500*500 would be good enough. In some cases apply MF the Folder.jpg-Cover although the right Front-Cover in bigger size is available. Maybe the Folder.jpg can be exclude and the next one will be selected?! It would also be nice to select the directory of the cache folder manually. I hope some of the offers are realizable?

Thx,
CoRsU
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

This looks incredible, I can't wait for it to become embedded, or at least be able to open it through MM. I am, however, having problems with the display of album art - the program starts fine, and functions properly, but it displays grey boxes instead of the album covers. The monkeyflow-cache folder exists in the temp folder, and contains artwork, but it is not being used by MonkeyFlow. Any suggestions?
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

flashk wrote:
FEB wrote:A couple of things - I'm not sure what the left-click does (well, it does nothing on mine!), and rather than only being able to play the whole album using the F function it'd be nice if MM could load the CD so that I could play individual songs. ITunes does this by moving the selected album to the top of the tracks list.
Left-clicking an album cover will cause it to become selected within MonkeyFlow. If you click the already selected album it won't do anything. Try clicking on an album that is off to the side.

When an album is selected in MonkeyFlow I wanted that album to be selected in MM as well, but I'm not sure how to go about that. Should it be selected in the Albums node, or the Aritst->Album node? I'm open to suggestions on how display the selection within MM.

I would like it in the Album node - would be cool 8) and helpfull
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
flashk

Post by flashk »

gege wrote:MonkeyFlow is working flawlessly in my old GeForce 5600.

Obviously, I have a suggestion for future improvement: please, add playback controls to MonkeyFlow interface.
This way we don't need to exit Fullscreen mode to control playback.
Glad to hear it's working. Adding basic playback controls is already on my TODO list, so you can expect this feature in the next beta release.
flashk

Post by flashk »

CoRsU wrote:The cache is more like about 500mb large. Perhaps you could all covers in a converted size? 500*500 would be good enough. In some cases apply MF the Folder.jpg-Cover although the right Front-Cover in bigger size is available. Maybe the Folder.jpg can be exclude and the next one will be selected?! It would also be nice to select the directory of the cache folder manually. I hope some of the offers are realizable?
I can definitely add the option to specify the cache folder. I'm also thinking of adding the option to specify a max size, and any art above it will be automatically resized. So what's the recommended way for plugins to store settings? Should they store it in the MM ini file, or should they create their own settings file?
ippo

Post by ippo »

I have a feature request:
like the iphone, when you click on the album art, the art should flip and reveal the tracklistings of that album.
Thank you for creating such an amazing application.
Sirandar***

Post by Sirandar*** »

Hi

Monkeyflow works perfectly on my system BUT it breaks the cover art in MonkeyRok with no remedy for fixing it. MonkeyRok still works but the cover art show up as a red X

Also, there is no uninstaller and no obvious way to restart the program after it is installed.

Any advice on how to uninsatll and fix MonkeyRok?
Sirandar 888

Post by Sirandar 888 »

Sorry .... Monkeyflow doesn't break MonkeyRok in any way ........ I deleted the MonkeyRok Temp directory ... easy to fix

Still don't know how to start the program after it is closed ??????????

Sirandar*** wrote:Hi

Monkeyflow works perfectly on my system BUT it breaks the cover art in MonkeyRok with no remedy for fixing it. MonkeyRok still works but the cover art show up as a red X

Also, there is no uninstaller and no obvious way to restart the program after it is installed.

Sirandar 888

Post by Sirandar 888 »

I get it .... my firewall was making me think this was an installer .....but really it is a standalone EXE that you need to run every time you want the program.

All probems solved ..... works flawlessly, great program. Doesn't really need to be inside MM3 as there is no more room anyway.

Sirandar
Sirandar 888 wrote:Sorry .... Monkeyflow doesn't break MonkeyRok in any way ........ I deleted the MonkeyRok Temp directory ... easy to fix

Still don't know how to start the program after it is closed ??????????

Sirandar*** wrote:Hi

durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Bump for my previous comment - the album covers aren't showing. Any suggestions?
Kingtaco11

Post by Kingtaco11 »

I cant download this for the life of me!! can you please do a rapidshare mirror ? or even megaupload?