MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow

Post by flashk »

durden999uk wrote:This looks incredible, I can't wait for it to become embedded, or at least be able to open it through MM. I am, however, having problems with the display of album art - the program starts fine, and functions properly, but it displays grey boxes instead of the album covers. The monkeyflow-cache folder exists in the temp folder, and contains artwork, but it is not being used by MonkeyFlow. Any suggestions?
Sorry it's not working for you. I will be releasing a new beta soon which will output more detailed info to the log file, hopefully this will give us a clue as to what the problem is. In the meantime, what graphics card do you have?
flashk

Post by flashk »

Kingtaco11 wrote:I cant download this for the life of me!! can you please do a rapidshare mirror ? or even megaupload?
Not sure why you can't download the file. Are you using any of the programs mentioned in the MediaFire FAQ?
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

flashk wrote:
durden999uk wrote:This looks incredible, I can't wait for it to become embedded, or at least be able to open it through MM. I am, however, having problems with the display of album art - the program starts fine, and functions properly, but it displays grey boxes instead of the album covers. The monkeyflow-cache folder exists in the temp folder, and contains artwork, but it is not being used by MonkeyFlow. Any suggestions?
Sorry it's not working for you. I will be releasing a new beta soon which will output more detailed info to the log file, hopefully this will give us a clue as to what the problem is. In the meantime, what graphics card do you have?
Many thanks for the response - in answer to your question, I have (or at least TuneUp utilities tells me I have) a Mobile Intel 965 chipset family video card. I hope that answers your question.
flashk

Post by flashk »

durden999uk wrote:Many thanks for the response - in answer to your question, I have (or at least TuneUp utilities tells me I have) a Mobile Intel 965 chipset family video card. I hope that answers your question.
I think the issue might be related to your graphics driver. I know Intel has had some buggy OpenGL drivers in the past. I'm not sure if their recent drivers have improved, but you might want to make sure your drivers are up to date.
saturk

Post by saturk »

What is the time table for this to be integrated with the Monkey?
gege

Post by gege »

saturk wrote:What is the time table for this to be integrated with the Monkey?
What you mean "integrated"?

a) If you mean "incorporating and distributing MonkeyFlow via MediaMonkey official installer", than IMO the answer probably is "Never". MonkeyFlow is a third party application, not related to official MM development. (On the other hand, I think built-in MonkeyFlow would be a great idea. FYI, iTunes CoverFlow begun as a third party project too, which was acquired by Apple afterwards).

or

b) If you mean "embedding MonkeyFlow into MediaMonkey main window", this have been requested already, but the flashk's anwser was:
flashk wrote:My biggest issue is that I cannot embed the app inside MM. If anybody knows how to embed Python scripts inside MM please let me know.
I think it would be nice if flashk could find a way to embed it into MM. But for now, I'm simply addicted to MonkeyFlow in Fullscreen mode :D
That's why I'm just waiting for incorporated playback controls... 8)
flashk

Post by flashk »

saturk wrote:What is the time table for this to be integrated with the Monkey?
I've already been able to embed MonkeyFlow within a MM docking panel. There are a few issues I need to deal with though, and my inexperience with VBScript is starting to get frustrating :x
hars

Post by hars »

beautiful!
no success at home on my old dell latitude laptop (geforce fx 5200go graphics) where it got stuck at "initializing monkeyflow" but got it running at work on the dell precision m4300 there. and i freaking love it!

glad to here you're making progress embedding it into mm, and as everybody else, i have some suggestions :)
- right click menu, sometimes you forget what key to press...
- maybe a last.fm player like plastic cd case that surronds the covers, then it really would be like flipping through albums.
- closing mm closes monkeyflow
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
saturk

Post by saturk »

Yes, I'm looking for it to be embedded. Hope to see it soon. Good luck and thanks for the effort. I know it is silly.. but the only thing holding me back from making the full switch from Itunes to Monkey is the lack of Cover/Monkey Flow.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I like what you try to make.

inexperience Hint: If you ask you will learn. There is lots of users willing to help you with that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow [Beta 2]

Post by flashk »

I've released a new beta of MonkeyFlow based on your feedback. This release should correctly display hebrew text. There are playback controls in fullscreen mode. I've added some INI options that allow you to specify the cache directory and a maximum cover size for cached images. Also, the log file should contain more info now.

I'm still working on being able to embed MonkeyFlow within MediaMonkey. Hopefully this will be ready by the next release.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thank you very much for this. Coverflow is vital - especially having seen how seamless and classy-looking iTunes is on a Mac.

MonkeyFlow is really great.

I'm not sure why but it sometimes leaves 'now playing mode' when it moves to the next song [i.e. the N box becomes un-lit and MonkeyFlow goes to the very first album]. If I click on the N again, it goes to the currently playing album... so it's not as if MonkeyFlow can't see the album or its cover.

I'm not doing anything myself (e.g. selecting another album in MonkeyFlow) whilst a song is playing, and I can't see a pattern to when it's happening. The [Beta 1] log file does sometimes show "failed to load cover" (but not always) and all these instances have a "jpeg" file extension, I notice. Could it be that it's failing to load images which were embedded (all my artwork is in the tag only) from a JPEG file (rather than a JPG)?

I'll tell you if the Beta 2 log file tells me more. Sadly, I got half way through the download and now it seems Mediafire is down for a bit for site maintenance. [It's currently 44% of the way through. It should only be an hour or two to wait, I guess - in case anyone's in the same boat.] Sod's law.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

My Kaspersky A/V reports the install as including a keyboard logger. Anyone else encounter this? Concerns?
Michel37

Post by Michel37 »

No problems here with NOD32.
flashk

Post by flashk »

MM3 monkey wrote:I'm not sure why but it sometimes leaves 'now playing mode' when it moves to the next song [i.e. the N box becomes un-lit and MonkeyFlow goes to the very first album]. If I click on the N again, it goes to the currently playing album... so it's not as if MonkeyFlow can't see the album or its cover.
Thanks for pointing this out, I will look into it.
MM3 monkey wrote:I'm not doing anything myself (e.g. selecting another album in MonkeyFlow) whilst a song is playing, and I can't see a pattern to when it's happening. The [Beta 1] log file does sometimes show "failed to load cover" (but not always) and all these instances have a "jpeg" file extension, I notice. Could it be that it's failing to load images which were embedded (all my artwork is in the tag only) from a JPEG file (rather than a JPG)?
When testing this on my collection I also noticed some JPG files would not load. I guess the JPG loader I am using cannot handle certain versions. I fixed this by re-downloading the album art from amazon, and they all load fine now.