MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow [Beta 2]

Post by flashk »

CoRsU wrote:I have the same problem! I delete the cache directory and the log file ... change in the MM.ini file the coversize and the new cache directory, But now monkeyflow can't connect to MM.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my instructions. You don't need the angle brackets around the path or cover size. Here is what it should look like:

Code: Select all

[MonkeyFlow]
CacheDirectory = C:\Bretts Documents\Media Monkey Backup\MonkeyFlowCache
MaxCoverSize = 500
flashk

Post by flashk »

Great Program: Has problems with firewalls wrote:Great program but it doesn't play well with firewalls because it sets up a temp install in new folder every time it runs. Thsi means that ot triggers the firewall no matter how it is set.

Any plans on making an installer?
Yeah, it needs to extract the Python interpreter and all the necessary libraries to the temp folder in order to run. I'm working on an embedded version that will have all the necessary files installed once on your drive, so it shouldn't cause any problems with your firewall.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Wow, this is beautiful. Can't wait for an embedded version where I can play around with the view settings. It would also be cool if it could show the name of the song playing when in now playing mode, I think everything else has been covered! I also liked the initializing screen, I don't know why but it made it seem very professional :D
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my instructions. You don't need the angle brackets around the path or cover size. Here is what it should look like:

[MonkeyFlow]
CacheDirectory = C:\Bretts Documents\Media Monkey Backup\MonkeyFlowCache
MaxCoverSize = 500
This I tried at first but it diddn't makes an effect to me :( The old Cache folder and the old Coversize...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Did you say earlier you were putting these in "Scripts.ini"? If so, I think they should probably be in "MediaMonkey.ini" file.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Did you say earlier you were putting these in "Scripts.ini"? If so, I think they should probably be in "MediaMonkey.ini" file.
Thanks Trix, LOL, DUH :oops: It was late. I was tired and stressed. And I'm stupid noob. And Uncle Bill and his stupid hidden files and folders don't help. And I can't think of any more excuses! Thanks for the reply, actually I worked it out about 10 minutes later but by then I was too tired to fix it straight away, working fine now, all 674mb of cache right where I want it, (where it is easily backed up, along with other important files to an external drive). Maybe I don't get the reason why this is done but it doesn't make sense to me to put these sort of files in hidden local settings folders, they are more easily accessed if by default they are in MM program files in their own folder like Tweak Monkey, Pretty Pictures, Lyricator, Monkey Roc etc. (MonkeyFlow cache I mean, although I would also prefer MM.ini to also be there) Saves having files scattered all over the computer like Nortons. (Like most noobs I once made the mistake of using that, didn't realise at the time you needed an IBM mainframe to run it)
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

I have it in the right .ini file and it diddn't run with me anyway :( What do I do wrong?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This program is external and needs to be run manually. Although you could use Steegy's "External Tools" script to integrate it a bit more.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

I Do not believe that solves my problem. Thus, I can only start MonkeyFlow from MM. My problem is that the cache folder is not applied elsewhere, and the cover remains the old size and not reduced to 500. :(

Maybe in next versions is an entry mask (in ger. Eingabemaske/feld) like an option panel for ease of use :lol: This would be very nice :D
flashk

Post by flashk »

CoRsU wrote:I have it in the right .ini file and it diddn't run with me anyway :( What do I do wrong?
Can you post exactly what you are placing in the INI file? Also, you are placing these options in the MediaMonkey.ini file in your <User>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey folder?
flashk

Post by flashk »

Queseuq wrote:Wow, this is beautiful. Can't wait for an embedded version where I can play around with the view settings. It would also be cool if it could show the name of the song playing when in now playing mode, I think everything else has been covered! I also liked the initializing screen, I don't know why but it made it seem very professional :D
Thanks for the suggestion. The next release will display the track title in now playing mode.
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

Shame on my main! I found a duplicate entry :( Mostly the Problem is sitting in front of the PC and not the PC itself :D I'm sorry!

Thx anyway,
CoRsU
Avish

Post by Avish »

flashk wrote:I've released a new beta of MonkeyFlow based on your feedback. This release should correctly display hebrew text. There are playback controls in fullscreen mode.
Thank you for the quick fix for RTL languages. It's greatly appreciated!

Post by Guest »

Is this can work with older version mediamonkey 2.5 thank you
n00bie

Post by n00bie »

I'm having an issue with MonkeyFlow just hanging at the "Initializing MonkeyFlow..." screen. Here is my monkeyflow.log file so far:
Graphics driver info:
NVIDIA Corporation
Quadro FX 1500M/PCI/SSE2
** Load Time: 1.43 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\docume~1\someuser\locals~1\temp\monkeyflow_cache
Any thoughts?

Thanks.