Backup MM Tracks v2.7 (01-11-08) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Benn

Re: Backup MM Tracks v2.2.2 (11-05-08) [MM3]

Post by Benn »

Thanks for the script; its ideal for me as I simply need to safeguard my music in case of a HD failure. Thus, tagging inconsistencies/album art would not matter so much. Also, if I wait to use this until after I have re-ripped my CD's into the format I want, then I'll only need the one back-up :) Thanks again for this easy to use script.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

I was wondering how well this would work if I was backing up to DVD? Will it stop and allow me to change the disk or just tell me there isn't enough room to back up? Are there any better ways to back-up to multiple DVDs in one go?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I haven't tried it but if your talking about explorer built in copy to writable disk then burn yes it will probably complain about it being full. But I havent used it for a long time and not sure if its better in vista perhaps.

But as you have to select tracks to back them up you can select a dvds worth at a time, ....

Umm on second thoughts why would you use the script, just select a dvd worth and right click copy to dvd drive, same diff. you just woldnt have a reference to the backup in MM I suppose.

When I did mne to dvd originally I set up autoplaylists with xxx bytes then the next one the same bu added is not in first playlist etc. then converted then to static playlists after I burnt them.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

MoDementia wrote:When I did mne to dvd originally I set up autoplaylists with xxx bytes then the next one the same bu added is not in first playlist etc. then converted then to static playlists after I burnt them.

Thanks, I was going to do the xxx bytes thing but couldn't work out how to stop tracks overlapping. This seems like a good solution, will try it later :)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hey:

Is it possible to move the backed tracks? What I mean is, if I move the location of the original track to another folder, would the script be able to move the backup track to a coinciding folder? Or if not move it, add something to the log to indicate the track needs to be moved??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I'm not sure I understand the question without an example but..

Umm? This is exactly what the script does
It will delete the previous backup and copy it to ..Backup Dir\new original path\filename
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I have my tracks stored in folders, let's say original is in \hiphop\, then I move it to \pop\, the backup script is not doing anything to move the backed up track to \pop\. I have to go to the the directory to either delete the track, which makes the script think the backup is missing and then it will send it to the new folder. Or move the track to the new location, and the script still thinks it is missing, and it will recopy it to the backed up location. Is there a way for it to do this automatically or am I misinterpreting the script? RIght now I am using a syncronizing software to find discrepancies between the two locations but I would like to do this in MM, since I am always making changes there. And before you ask about deleting the copies, I have another backup location which will maintain all the tracks in case I ever want to restore any, which I have not so far. :wink:

Nyn

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Are you moving them using auto organise?
If not then then the timestamp will not be updated and backup will not recognise that it needs to move them
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I am moving them using auto-organise but I turned off the update timestamp option because I was making several thousand adjustments and I didn't want my player updated each time I tried to sync. Will I need to turn it back on in order for the backup to know the tracks have been moved??

Nyn

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I have checked the code and it also checks for a change in backup paths as well as the timestamp so it should move them regardless

[EDIT] Is it possible you restored and old database which doesn't have the original backup location in it?
[EDIT] scrap that if it was missing it would back it up to the new location but leave the old on there
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

No I have not restored from a previous backup, because it does correctly identify which tracks are missing from the backup. I do however do export/import syncs with DEISync on a daily basis, but this shouldn't make a difference wit BTM, right??

Nyn

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Just tested it wih "modify timestamp when updating ags turned off" still works

No DEISync won't make any diff, it will actually help updating the timestamps

In the previous post you say thet the backup is in the old directory \hiphop\ but not in the new \pop\ directory ?

This is impossible if you have selected the track to backup

It will either be moved (trackbackup table is in sync) or it will be in both locations (trackbackup table is out of sync)

Perhaps you had a filter active that didn't include these files?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I just tested with a new track that was added to my library, I used BMT to send it to \pop\, then I used auto-organize to send the original track to \tv tributes\, the backed up track is still in the \pop\ folder. Does it make a difference that the original tracks are on one drive and the backed up tracks are on a second drive? Here are my settings:

ORIGINAL TRACK

BACKED UP TRACK

Nyn

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

nynaevelan wrote:I just tested with a new track that was added to my library, I used BMT to send it to \pop\, then I used auto-organize to send the original track to \tv tributes\, the backed up track is still in the \pop\ folder. Does it make a difference that the original tracks are on one drive and the backed up tracks are on a second drive? Here are my settings:
There are only 2 steps here

After the auto-organise you need to back up again so it can move the track.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, that fixes that confusion, I did not know I needed to re-run BMT. Now for another million dollar question, is it possible to add a Tracks Moved to Another Location, so rerun BMT node??

Nyn