Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MCSmarties

Re: Cue Reader 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by MCSmarties »

Thanks guys for all your replies!

Actually I was starting to wonder about what the real standard was. Even that hydrogenaudio link is "just"
a wiki, I have not found an "official" page for CUE specs (as there is for example for the ID3 standard).
The mp3DirectCut trick is a neat one. It's an awesome program anyway!

I thought I'd ask here because that freeware had not been updated in several years, so I don't know
how responsive the author would be...
degryzedoffer

Post by degryzedoffer »

Hi everybody,

I've installed the cue reader with mm on two machines, one with xp, one with vista. On the xp setup everything works fine, but on the vista machine the cue reader won't skip
to another track when I click the links. Is this a familiar problem with vista and can it be solved? (Maybe I've made some stupid mistake as I am new to this whole scripting thing, but I believe I did everything as I did it with the xp setup)

Anyway, Cheers,
Peter
degryzedoffer

Post by degryzedoffer »

Oh, I forgot to mention, when I try to use the forward button, mm completely stops playing the ape file.

Peter
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script works fine on my vista machine. It's most likely to be to do with your Internet Explorer security settings when it comes to running scripts in the My Computer zone, try searching on the forum for "activeX" for a solution.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Tak

Post by Tak »

Can this be extended to support .ape files? Thanks.
Bex

Post by Bex »

What do you mean, it already support all filetypes that MM plays?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

anyone knows if a cue reader will be implemented in the new mm build?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Do you mean natively - if so then not yet no. Or do you mean that this script isn't working for you in the latest beta?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

no, i ment natively.

man, what an ignorant attitude of the developers.. :-?
yeah, keep adding more apple features and make more deals..
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think cue reading has not been added yet because across the whole community it is a low priority. Although they understand that it is a high priority for some people, there are many other things which the community as a whole have indicated are more important to them. It's not about ignorance, it's about balancing priorities.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

almost ALL classic and JAZZ cds are archived in a lossless full disc format with a cue!
and this is a low prio? i think they just dont care, there are also some other examples of ignoring user suggestions.

and look at the count of this thread..
Peke

Post by Peke »

@spacekris
There is no ignoring, personally I've made CUE Editor way back in 2000 and would be more than glad to get things working in MM Natively, like trixmoto already explained there are some priorities, but I would also add there is really big risk with adding full CUE support in MM library.

Personal example:
- Worked as active DJ for more than 12 years (1990-2001 on Parties but also in lots of Clubs, Discotheques, Weddings and on Several Radio stations. After that only for a friends and personally for fun)
- Library about 120k tracks
- More than 200 recorded personal DJ Sets (each set is around 1 & 1/2 hours, most of them have CUE)
- More than 500 Mixed Promo CDs (also includes CUE files)
- There is also several tens of thousand Tracks/Samples that have CUE tracks and/or CUE Indexes for Drum loops, track loops (Most of them are not in library due the fact they are <30s and have 30-70 CUE Points)

Imagine, how it would save things for me, when I'm mixing/remixing some tracks and need effects in editing process?

Improper handling of CUE file could lead in quick loss of several thousand tracks and also what is about Duplicate check where several hundred mixed tracks could contain same song, ...

Please do not misunderstand me, but MediaMonkey have its reputation built as Non-Bloated, Stable, Fast, Reliable, Constantly developed, Customizable, Expandable even further with each new release and when something is on To-Do it is on To-Do not ignored.

Note: As storage is cheaper each day I'm really thinking to re-rip all my Mixed CDs to FLAC and cut them according to CUE files without losing gapless playback, but with much better organizing capabilities.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The count of this thread is also not directly related to how many people want cue support, but also the same people checking out the newer versions of this script and posting bugs, etc. CUE support tends to be something that a few people really really want, but most people (including myself) have little or no use for.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

a few people maybe with your music preferences.
like i said, people with a classic or jazz collection and a sense for quality,
having almost only lossless copies, DO use it alot! and not few of them.
and how many people running mm having an apple product and not using itunes?
really really few. how do i know this? i dont. as much as you, when it comes to how many would need cue support.
but do mm developers add this? no.
but in every build there is some *#!*#+* fix for an i-apple-something.
i stopped using mm a while ago, because of no cue reading, and also because of the ignorance towards the non-skin-uselessness.
maybe i get back to it when mm also starts listening to the few and not only the masses.
seeheng

Post by seeheng »

Any chance of supporting UTF-8?