Ringtones Need Ringtones For iPhone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

cmx

Ringtones Need Ringtones For iPhone

Post by cmx »

What about ringtones? MM has no m4r capability...can't scan em.

The ringtones that come with iPhone are sonically too quiet...I made a nice loud m4r of my old RAZR's ringer and it worked great...BUT

...and there is always a friggin "BUT" with itunes....somehow ringotnes are connected to the "music" portion of things in itunes...I had to do a clean install of Vista so when I needed to sync my contacts and calendar in itunes things worked ok, because I have no music checked to sync with iTunes it didn't bother the music put on the phone by MM... but when I tried to load the friggin ringtone in the iphone iTunes said the phone was registered to the previous instance of itunes and it wiped all my music on the iphone when it synced the ringtone...EVEN though I had itunes set NOT to sync ANY music at all....

$%#@%$@%$@%$###@@!#@'s

Some other people have posted about this but I didn't see any responses from devs....
nohitter151

Re: Ringtones Need Ringtones For iPhone

Post by nohitter151 »

You've got to either load ringtones with iTunes or use one of the available apps to add a ringtone via other means (I'm pretty sure there's an app you can add, but only if the phone is jailbroken - meaning you add the app from Cydia).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cmx

Post by cmx »

As described above iTunes has it tied to music...not a viable option. I need MM to be the "other means". No jailbreak stuff.

Hopefully Jiri will take care of it by tomorrow...MM "one stop shopping".
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

cmx wrote:As described above iTunes has it tied to music...not a viable option. I need MM to be the "other means". No jailbreak stuff.

Hopefully Jiri will take care of it by tomorrow...MM "one stop shopping".
No offense to you or Jiri but.... "Dream on". Considering how long and hard the process for just getting music onto the iPhone is, I doubt ringtones are an easy fix.

cmx

Post by cmx »

Its clear I was kidding about the "tomorrow" thing.

BUT, I hope the devs seriously consider expanding iphone MM implementation to include ringtones...it would be good to have in the production release....its only gonna cause issues if it isn't included. "Ringtones" is an industry unto itself.

I'm sure Apple has made it as difficult and illogical as they could but ringtones are "audio" and itunes has tied them closely to the music files when syncing with itunes.

I pretty much was surprised when they were not included in MM from the get-go.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

cmx wrote:I pretty much was surprised when they were not included in MM from the get-go.
Why? The website doesn't say they're supported anywhere that I could find, and they weren't included in the first iPhone plugin.

cmx

Post by cmx »

Because it is logical and intuitive that they would be included in iphone implementation...and as I pointed out it's needed, iTunes really has them tied to the music sync.

I expected to "include" m4r's no issue....lol I'm an American...I've never looked at the instructions.
Last edited by cmx on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

cmx wrote:Because it is logical and intuitive that they would be included in iphone implementation.

I expected to "include" m4r's no issue....lol I'm an American...I've never looked at the instructions.
Well that's not really instructions.. more like specifications or product features.

BTW, I'm American as well... that's no excuse :wink: :P

pbparker

Post by pbparker »

I'd like to see some way for this to happen as well. As someone said, using iTunes to get the ringtones on the iPhone then clears all music MM synched. Therefore, MM is the only means of getting ringtones (that I know of) on the phone if you want to also use MM to synch music to it.
illusion8055

Post by illusion8055 »

+1 on the feature request !!!

Please please please add this!!! Luckily I didn't have to resync all my music, as I figured that iTunes was about to wipe it when I added my M4Rs and tried to sync them and that popup message alerted me.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Any news on this one? I cannot add ringtones to my iPhone without having iTunes deleting all my MM sync! Get's pretty anoying!

Thanks!
MonicaTo

Post by MonicaTo »

Since I wanted to get started with cell phone ringtones after I got my Iphone, I face the same problem. I was wondering now if it would be possible to send mp3s to the phone and then use them as a ringtone. Can anyone tell me if that will do the trick? Thanks a lot in advance.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MonicaTo wrote:Since I wanted to get started with cell phone ringtones after I got my Iphone, I face the same problem. I was wondering now if it would be possible to send mp3s to the phone and then use them as a ringtone. Can anyone tell me if that will do the trick? Thanks a lot in advance.
there's an app available for jailbroken devices called "AnyRing" that can do this right on the phone.