New MediaMonkey web site

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

MoDementia

Re: New MediaMonkey web site

Post by MoDementia »

Hehehe they missed a page (ah memories)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I wonder how you got to that page as the link for scripts in the add-ons section goes to the wiki. And if you manually manipulate the url you get a dummy page. Maybe they already updated things sing your post?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Was in a knowledge base post :)

Click the image, the page is still there
SFK724

Post by SFK724 »

I love the new look

and thank you for this great media software i love it
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

OK MM developers, this is really annoying. I already reported but it seems that nobody listen. I have 100% occupied CPU with this new design. Could you please do something with it?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You may try to clean your pc from spywares, or upgrade your cpu.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

go back and see if you missed any ms update for your system there might be one missing that is needed for the php forum software.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:OK MM developers, this is really annoying. I already reported but it seems that nobody listen. I have 100% occupied CPU with this new design. Could you please do something with it?
Which browser are you using?

I don't have the CPU issue, but when I am at work, I notice the site very slow when using IE6.
If it is IE7, then you should check your addons. SSVHelper (ssv.dll) or SSV2Helper (ssv2.dll) installed with Sun Java are known to be very troublesome.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:Which browser are you using?
Firefox 2.0 and IE 6.0, XP Pro SP1, Pentium-4 2GHz, 512 MB.

As I said earlier, there is a problem with high CPU only when there are too many scrolling round small images next to the subject of threads, i.e. images for threads with more then one page (most notable in the Scripting forum which has many multi-page threads). Animated GIFs with high frame rate...
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Eyal wrote:You may try to clean your pc from spywares.
You don't need to give me such suggestion, I am not computer beginner.
Eyal wrote: or upgrade your cpu
You should know that there are growing tendencies for using slower portable computers (UMPC and MID) for Web browsing, which have Intel Atom or even ARM with frequencies under 1 GHz.
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Why are you are using an old XP SP1, and old browser versions?

I would be updating. They are much more secure, and will probably fix your problem.
Many new sites don't fully support older browsers.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You folks are joking, right? You are suggesting me that I buy some new hardware with multi-core CPU with Vista just to be able to surf Internet? This is dedicated Internet and multimedia machine and I don't have a plan to change it only because of MM site. This site is the only one which I have such issue - none site which I visit gives me 100% CPU like this.

By the way, this machine is very specific, optimized for silent work, with 2,5" HDD and without any fan, so upgrading of CPU is no way.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ZvezdanD wrote:You folks are joking, right? You are suggesting me that I buy some new hardware with multi-core CPU with Vista just to be able to surf Internet? This is dedicated Internet and multimedia machine and I don't have a plan to change it only because of MM site. This site is the only one which I have such issue - none site which I visit gives me 100% CPU like this.

By the way, this machine is very specific, optimized for silent work, with 2,5" HDD and without any fan, so upgrading of CPU is no way.
did you check for any missed up dates?
i know there are troubles with the forum but running lots of gif's in the sig's is not being reported by anyone but you.

above some one said you still have xp sp1. if so that is so far out of date, and i know xp sp3 will remove some errors and some excess bagage software from the os, and it says it will make it run faster. and they are using a new version of ie 7 in that sp 3 update,

so i see you say you have an atom cpu, those are great on cutting power use. my question is did they cut the speed in order to cut the power use.?

if so maybe it will need a redoing of your tweaking to get the best preformance out of it..

oh and i don't see anyone saying to buy new equipment only that you upgrade to the free xp sp3 i might have missed the post telling you to get new equipment but i don't think so. :-?

but since you are the only one that seems to have this trouble we are trying to find the answer for you.
one thing i know will speed it up is a new hard drive added in to the computer, by new i mean new to that system,
it can be an old one. just put one in that is about 6 gb's and use it only for the swap file that should speed up things. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rovingcowboy wrote:i don't see anyone saying to buy new equipment only that you upgrade to the free xp sp3 i might have missed the post telling you to get new equipment but i don't think so. :-?
Yes, Eyal told me to upgrade CPU (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21#p174121). To me, the new CPU means the new motherboard, the new motherboard means the new RAM, the new case... This all means, new equipment.

No, I haven't a computer with an Intel Atom (maybe in the future), I said it is Pentium-4 (more specifically, it is Pentium-4M, the low-power version for notebooks). No, it did not cut the speed of CPU to cut power use, although CPU has built-in SpeedStep it is not in use. I just mentioned that there are more and more small and portable computers which use not-so-powerful CPUs, like netbooks, UMPC and MID. Those computers are mainly targeted for Web browsing and they are all with much less powerful CPUs than mine. So, MM developers/Web designers should consider this fact. They should not expect that we are all using computers with Core Duo/Quad processors just for browsing.

I really don't know how a speed of the hard drive could have a connection with such issue - this is something which is executed directly from RAM, HDD is not spinning at all when I watch at MM site. XP SP1 is working fine for me, I don't know about SP3 but I had more trouble with SP2 than with SP1. I don't use IE, but exclusively Firefox, IE just tried to be sure that it has same problem. I am not sure if I want to experiment with a new service pack, just because of this site.

I think you are missing a point. This is not a question about a hardware, version of Web browser, PHP, security holes in OS or browser or whatever. This is a simple fact - MM forum has too many animated GIFs. They are occupying CPU. You know, this machine works flawlessly, without any problem, it could even reproduce x264 video files in 720x480 without dropped frames and with less CPU consumption than this MM site. As I said, I have this issue only with this site, so I think it is a reason for this, nothing else.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

You use Firefox, so maybe you could try locating the extension AdBlock Plus. Once you have it installed, come to this forum, right click on one of the scrolling gifs and select to block image. Once you have them blocked, see if you notice the same problem. If you do, then okay, maybe the gifs were hammering your computer, if not... then you might have another problem.