New MediaMonkey web site

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: New MediaMonkey web site

Post by ZvezdanD »

Mizery_Made wrote:You use Firefox, so maybe you could try locating the extension AdBlock Plus.
Thanks for information, this is a really great add-on. Yes, it is exactly as I supposed - when I block those animated GIFs, CPU is almost 0% occupied. However, I don't need such thing to get same conclusion - I said already, CPU is occupied only when there is a page with animated GIFs, most notably in the Scripting forum, but if I go for example to the Need Help forum (which don't have such GIFs) I get 0% CPU. Even more, if I go to the top of the Scripting forum where there are not any animated GIFs, CPU is 0%, but if I scroll page down to read another threads in that forum I get 100% CPU. With another words - CPU is occupied proportionally with a number of animated GIFs.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I don't have any issues with the website/forum even when browsing via my iPhone....
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nohitter151 wrote:I don't have any issues with the website/forum even when browsing via my iPhone....
Has your iPhone an application for displaying CPU usage? Are you seeing same animated GIFs in the Scripting forum as on PC?

By the way folks, I just tried Reliability and Performance Monitor on the Vista computer with Core2Duo 2.4 GHz and IE 7.0. With the Board index page which has not any animated GIFs, CPU is occupied 3.3% in average. With the Scripting forum CPU is occupied 27.5% in average. Well, if you ask me this is not negligible.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i just checked what you said the top of the forum rooms.
and this thread and the thread for batch art finder,
there is something going on its got to be one of the personel gif's not this forum but someone has a gif that is doing something it aint to be doing.
but it in noway slows down my cpu.
which is pent 4, 2.35 hrz one. so it's not a real powerfull item i guess unless there are a lot of the same one in the thread that is being viewed.

i noticed it as 0% cpu usage in this forum and thread.

but in the scripting forum room i got 4% to 25% cpu usage it keeps going up and down, that tells me something in one of the gif's is running some sort of snooping item. theres no reason any gif should be constantly downloading to show the different images. once downloaded they are in ram. so constantly running has to be some sort of snooping item.

every one with gif's should check them.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rovingcowboy wrote:okay i just checked what you said the top of the forum rooms.
and this thread and the thread for batch art finder,

so constantly running has to be some sort of snooping item.
There is not any animated GIFs in some thread like this. You could see them only in the root page of some forum where you have a list of topics. You don't need to look at peaks at CPU graph, instead you could try Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Performance which has a display with an averaged value for some period of time.

I don't know what you are talking about "snooping". It is not a problem with a Network usage. Did I mentioned something similar? I am talking about CPU usage. Those animated GIFs are acting as some sort of video file which consumes CPU during reproduction, but as I said they consume much more CPU than x264 (which is known as CPU intensive, much more than DivX/XviD).

By the way, here it is (just one): Image
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well that is one that is making it move up and down in cpu usage.
but the gif's in the sig's seem to be doing the samething.

by snooping i mean hidden code in the gif to find info or look for info on the pc. or add something to the pc.
which i found can be done with certian image formats, not sure how they would code inside the image code, but there was at one time somebody doing this. and was found on another forum, it was called a magic picture, there was one shown but on the click to see the same image bigger it took you to a site that the image was not coded as coming from, so i was thinking something like that might be in one of the gif's in the sig's :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ZvezdanD wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :)
Well I'm not noticing any slowdowns here... :wink:

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nohitter151 wrote:Well I'm not noticing any slowdowns here... :wink:
Could you try Performance Monitor please?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

That looks awesome guys. :D
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Peke

Post by Peke »

Zvezdan is right, the known issue is that Animated GIF takes lots of CPU as it is unbuffered non compressed image with transparency and several tens of them especially if there is few different surely use much CPU (I personally have 1-6% usage), I'm not sure that we can do anything as GIF itself is 1-2 kb in size and only 7 Frames.

Personally I already have GIF Blocker and FF show only first frame which lead to lower CPU usage.

P.S. Beše ono PC Berza, elite sec ili mob svet koji su bili puni reklama u Gif-u, ala sam ih mrzeo. (translation for others I remembered some old Serbian sites that had to tons of GIFs an I hated/evaded then as much as possible)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

holey mackerel stop stop stop? this is going way up in cpu usage. its now bouncing between 16% and 35 %

not getting any slowdowns yet but the mouse is starting to jerk i thought i had an overheated cpu for a second. :-? :roll:
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

blah
Last edited by MoDementia on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Please folks, when you are reporting a CPU usage, could you use Performance Monitor and report an average value? Also, you should specify what CPU you have. Those with multi-core and multi-GHz CPUs are not counting. Should I need to repeat - there are growing tendencies for using slower computers like MID and netbooks for Web browsing and those computers mostly have CPUs under 1 GHz.