New MediaMonkey web site

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: New MediaMonkey web site

Post by ZvezdanD »

Peke wrote:I'm not sure that we can do anything as GIF itself is 1-2 kb in size and only 7 Frames.
I never created animated GIFs and I am just wondering - is there any chance to specify their frame rate? I think your GIFs have high frame rate which you could make lower.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes you can set the number of frames and the speed at which they show.
in the milliseconds. you can get it to look smooth with fast settings like 0 milliseconds if you have
few images. but lots of images to in the gif can be slowed down and still be smooth,
if you slow them down too much you end up with a jumpy type of gif.
jumpy as in one that seems to start and stop every so many seconds.

but you need a good animated gif program to do that. which it can and should beable to remove duppy pixels in the gif which could even make it faster.
also it should beable to make it set to the color scheme best for use on the web, and tell the browser how to handle the gif. 8)

but it is not easy making gifs that will work on multiple browser's with the same smoothness and foot prints.
but if you get it as tweaked for IE as you can then it generally will be tweaked as much as it can for the other browsers too.

i use old ulead gif animator 2 program, they are on something like 12 or 15 by now? its a purchess only program.
ulead.com should have links for it some place in their menus :)

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Here are new slower GIFs, instead of 1/10 sec it is now 1/5 sec. Instead of 28.8% they are occupying 15.2% CPU.
This is a Performance Monitor for MM GIFs:
This is a Performance Monitor for new GIFs:
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

@ ZvezdanD.
Do you run MM non-skinned?

I am just curious as to how you run MM on a low end computer.
Any tips for better MM performance on a low end computer?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:@ ZvezdanD.
Do you run MM non-skinned?

tweak the blank out of your system and add in the priority program to a task job that starts with the system
start up. to run all other things that start after it in high priority they will all work better.

and add as much ram to the mother board as it can handle. :)

its basicly the same for slow or low power cpu's as it was for win98. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:Do you run MM non-skinned?

From time to time I start MM non-skinned, just for testing purpose, but I am mostly using skinned version. For me, most of the time MM is doing some kind of database manipulation (searching/sorting/filtering) and this couldn't be improved by changing its graphical user interface.

I don't know what is in your opinion a low-end computer. I said, this computer (P-4 2 GHz) is dedicated for Internet and multimedia and for this tasks it is perfect and I don't need to upgrade it. Maybe I would have a problem if I try to watch HD video content, but for standard video (720x576) and especially for audio, it is more than enough. You know, I was using Pentium MMX 233 MHz with 64 MB for audio and it was more than enough for that. I was using it even for video reproduction, but with some video files with high resolution and/or frame rate there was skipping of frames. Well, I remember when I was using 486DX 100 MHz, it was enough for audio reproduction and even for audio compression which was somewhat faster than real-time. That was a time when nobody knew about MP3 and audio compression, even Winamp didn't exist but only Fraunhofer's player :(, I don't remember its name. I think today generations are too spoiled with modern desktop computers.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Maybe this is a solution for ie/firefox users: http://ffextensionguru.com/tweaks/annimated_gifs.html
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big_Berny wrote:Maybe this is a solution for ie/firefox users: http://ffextensionguru.com/tweaks/annimated_gifs.html
Wow, very simple and effective, good to know for such thing :) Thanks, but I think I will stay at Mizery_Made's suggestion.