Autoplay problems with Vista

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GodSponge

Autoplay problems with Vista

Post by GodSponge »

I don't know if it is isolated to Vista or not, as I've not been able to test on an XP machine.

When I look at the Autoplay settings for Audio CDs in Vista there are 3 entries for MediaMonkey, 2 that don't work, near the top, and one that does work, near the bottom of the list.

The top two are:
  • Play audio CD using MediaMonkey
    Rip audio CD using MediaMonkey
The last one (the one that works) says:
  • Play Audio CD using MediaMonkey - Audio Library
Note the difference in capitalization for the word "audio". Don't know if that makes a difference though.

I've looked in the registry (without changing anything) and all of the entries seem to be ok. I don't see why the first two don't work but the other does.

One thing to note, I can find the entries for the first two in the registry, but I cannot find the entry for the one that works anywhere.

It really doesn't bother me that one of the Play entries doesn't work, because I know where the entries are in the registry to remove them if they can't be fixed, but there is not a Rip entry that does work.

I have a friend of mine with Vista that this problem is also happening to, so I know it's not just my computer. If anyone knows what is wrong, please let me know.
"Experience is a hard teacher because it gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

Post by Guest »

So nobody has any ideas?
GodSponge

Post by GodSponge »

It's really nice to know that people come here and help people out.
"Experience is a hard teacher because it gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Sorry, I don't play CDs at all. I rip them first (with EAC, not MM) and then play the files in MM. Also, I disabled autostart on my drive so that I wouldn't have random DRM crap installed on my machine.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
GodSponge

Re: Autoplay problems with Vista

Post by GodSponge »

So why has no one answered me about this problem. It's still not working and it is really annoying! If you aren't going to support those options, take them out completely!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you previously have MediaMonkey 2 installed? Maybe it's a left over?

Post by guest »

did you find a solution for this problem? I have just installed MediaMonkey on my laptop (Vista) and have had the exact problem occur.
GodSponge

Post by GodSponge »

Still no fix, still no answer.

I can confirm that this problem occurs on all of these versions of Vista: Home Premium x86, Ultimate x86, and Ultimate x64.
GodSponge

Post by GodSponge »

Problem happens on Windows 7 also. Still nobody has answered me.