Updating the translation

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

Fraxav

Updating the translation

Post by Fraxav »

Hi there,
I'm (finally) updating the localization for my language but I need to ask you where I can find some 'words', since I cannot figure out what function they stand for, and so I cannot translate them.
For example, should an item of my list be 'Crossfade' you should answer me: " Crossfade= Main window->Play(tool bar)->Crossfade " so I can click on it, see what it is and translate it. You can also add a brief description for the function if you think it's necessary.
This allows me to better translate terms.
Thank you all.

List:

Accompanying files
S/N (position and not abreviated name, please)
Set Destination Wizard
Leaflet Page
Class %s is not applicable to this module
Control
Generate device Playlists for:
does not match the source
Count
&Open tray
Clear Virtual CD entries for missing tracks
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
REIKA

Re: Updating the translation

Post by REIKA »

[Accompanying files]
Perhaps it is [Auto-Organize Files]'s mesage when other files exists in the folder.

[Set Destination Wizard]
Tools > Auto-Organize Files... > Configure button

[Leaflet Page]
Track Propaties > Album Art > Image type:

[Generate device Playlists for:]
Tools > Options... > Portable/Audio Devices > Configure button > Device configuration > Options..button

[does not match the source]
Perhaps it is [DataCD Verify error] message .

[Clear Virtual CD entries for missing tracks]
File > Maintain Library... >
Win10 64bit , MM4.1 Gold , Japanese Lang files
dsp_vst + iZotope Ozone + out_asio , Magic Nodes , Minilyrics
MM Japanese Wiki : http://mediamonkey.xn--m8jfw.jp/index.php?FrontPage
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Thanks a lot.

P.S. could someone explain what's a leaflet for an album? I mean, a leaflet is a kind of advertising paper, but why should you add an advertising image to your album art? :-?

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Here's the updated list. Thanks for helping me make this translation better (and than the program easier to use for non english-speaking people) with your answers, and don't hesitate to ask me for help with yours.

String to be found in program _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .po file comments

Accompanying files_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [FAccompFiles..Caption]
S/N (position and not abreviated name, please) _ _ [FMediaProperties..LblSN..Caption]
Class %s is not applicable to this module _ _ _ _ _ _ [Programmer's name for it: sClassNotApplicable]
Control _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [Programmer's name for it: sControlSubmenu]
does not match the source_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [Byte by byte comparison]
Count
Media Label
Open tray

Have a good day.

REIKA

Post by REIKA »

[Accompanying files]
If the next line in the po file is seen, it will be clear that the above mentioned is correct.

[Media Label]
Track Propaties > Album Art > Image type:

[S/N] (Serial number of disk?)
Library tree > Location > (select CD or HDD subnode) > (right click) > Propaties
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Thanks, but...
REIKA wrote: [Accompanying files]
If the next line in the po file is seen, it will be clear that the above mentioned is correct.
What do you mean?

REIKA

Post by REIKA »

[The following accompanying files were found. Please select those which you would like to move.]

This is the following item of [Accompanying files] in the po file.
I am convinced that most users of MM have seen this sentence.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

OK.
So, those accompanying files are files found in the same folder as the ones selected for the 'whatever' action?

REIKA

Post by REIKA »

You should actually try to use many functions of MM by yourself before trying to translate MM.
It is difficult to translate appropriately when it is not done.
You can try to use the function of [Auto-Organize Files] by yourself.

To see is to believe.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Reika, thanks for helping me figouring out those strings (otherwise marked as fuzzy, and so not translated in the UI). I'm actually using this software since it was 2.whocanremember... I think I know it pretty enough. And no, I don't have the gold version cause I don't need it that much, at this time. I suppose you know how many HUNDREDS of strings a .po is composed of...I succesfully translated them all and I'm asking out for about ten. Now, you can see that there is such a little way for me to find the better (and for 'better' I mean useful and understandable for the user, cause is too simple to make no-sense) translation for words I never saw, because they are part of a gold function or simply because I never noticed them, or cannot remember of.
Finally, if you know MM this well, you could help me posting the location for those few remaining words :wink: .
After this, updated list.
String to be found in program _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .po file comments

Class %s is not applicable to this module _ _ _ _ _ _ [Programmer's name for it: sClassNotApplicable]
Control _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [Programmer's name for it: sControlSubmenu]
Count
Open tray
Cheers.

rusty

Post by rusty »

Fraxav,

--Ignore this string.

--This was erroneously included in 3.0 and was removed from 3.1.

--This appears when CD verification fails.

Count
--I expect that this refers to the number of files / tracks and/or the number of tracks played

-Rusty