Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

FEB

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by FEB »

strange - I just tried again and now all the songs' album art shows up in the preview pane EXCEPT track 1, which remains blank. The little confirmation box shows a tick in track 1, with no other ticks in the other tracks. Again, right-clicking the preview pane and 'apply to all tracks' resolves. Note, this tick is already selected in the box.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

While using your script to remove all invalid links to album art using your script i got this error:

Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Is the track in your database or are you just accessing it using the My Computer node?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

It's in the database. I don't know if it's track specific.

I'm processing all my 27000 tracks right now
and the error pop up sometime after 100 tracks sometime after 1000 once it ran 3000 tracks before throwing the error.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Also I noticed how it fills the memory in no time (1.8go in like 5 minutes!)
I don't know if there is a way around that. As I don't know anything in programing/scripting.
Just thought I would mention it in case it might help you.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Maybe it is just a problem with memory. Try doing smaller batches and see if that helps.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

If it's the case is there any work around that would save me from relaunch the scripts manually after (say every 1000tracks).

Like "doing the batch in batch" until all selection is processed?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Ok I've tried it on mm 3.0.6.1190 (clean install, fresh database, only AA tagger script installed)

I used a different preset: Remove artwork not matching size: less than 80x80
Cause I happened to have lots of 75x75 AA duplicates images. ( Don't know where they're coming from; if someone has an idea... )

And it went up to 15122 tracks before throwing the error ( Yaaaay :D )

At the time of the error,
Total use of memory was +-700MB. (I have to 2GB of RAM)
MM use of memory was 84MB

The error massage was the same as in the sreenshots I posted.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

BTW, if i check the box: Delete Image Files does it means it will delete only the files without deleting the links?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I try to replicate this error but so far I haven't managed to. Using the "delete image file" option should only delete image files when it is deleting the link, so yes.
sonicendeavor

Post by sonicendeavor »

I'm having the same problem. Just upgraded to 3 (3.0.6.1190) yesterday and it added the album art from one CD to every single track in my library regardless of whether it already had album art or not. I have my entire library in one large folder. Is there some other solution than going through the pain of running 10,000 songs through a script in 100 song batches (that's about all I can get before the script blows up)? I'm using the "Remove artwork not matching storage" function "Embed in tag" option, with Delete image files, supress confirmation screen, and supress unchanged checked.
When I decided to check the delete image files box, it got rid of the album art image for all tracks in my library (even though I only ran 100 tracks with it), but still left a placeholder of generic album art (large musical note in the pic) in all my tracks.
I turned off the scan for album art function so hopefully it won't happen to tracks I add in the future.
If anyone has a better fix for this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I also think either this album art import option should be defaulted to off, or some kind of warning issued so others don't have to go through this until 3.1 is released. This is not a good way to introduce customers to your product.
Thanks
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

sonicendeavor wrote:I'm using the "Remove artwork not matching storage" function "Embed in tag" option, with Delete image files, supress confirmation screen, and supress unchanged checked.
but still left a placeholder of generic album art (large musical note in the pic) in all my tracks.
I think the generic album art comes from "Delete Image Files" setting.
sonicendeavor

Post by sonicendeavor »

Thanks. I was able to get through my library in larger chunks than I had originally been able to do. The script died at between 400 and 500 records most times, although one time it died after 16 records, and one time I got over 600 records. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. A couple times when it died after 100 records or so, I reran the exact same selection of 500 records over again and it ran fine. CPU usage looked ok, and I still had about 450mb of memory left, no other applications were running at the time.
Anyway, all that junk is removed now, but what a pain.
Thanks to both of you for the tips on the script, it was still obviously much faster than doing this manually.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm glad you got this sorted in the end. I'll have to test this script with some much larger batches and see if I can figure out what's going wrong. :-?
wolfzell

Post by wolfzell »

sonicendeavor wrote:The script died at between 400 and 500 records most times, although one time it died after 16 records, and one time I got over 600 records. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. A couple times when it died after 100 records or so, I reran the exact same selection of 500 records over again and it ran fine.
Yep. Although I love this script, I made the same observation. I am trying to avoid using it right now as with 20.000+ tracks it is a lot of work doing this in 50+ batches and still I will get the occasional fatal error. Good thing is that I never had any damages to the tags or the database with the errors. It is just time consuming to find the track where the script stopped working to start it over again from there...

Nevertheless: Thanks a lot to trixmoto for a great and very useful script. I am confident you will hunt down this bug sometime.

bye
Wolfgang