MediaMonkey Suite (Video support in MM)

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

What do you think about a MediaMonkey suite which consists of a set of interlaced applications?

You may select 1 option

View results

Dibbz

MediaMonkey Suite (Video support in MM)

Post by Dibbz »

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but for the support for other media type functionality, what about separating other media types for MediaMonkey in a suite which consists a set of interlaced applications. And they could give these apps fun and exciting names like VideoMonkey or PictureMonkey or whatever the case may be. So in the suite u could have PictureMonkey, VideoMonkey and MediaMonkey??? Well maybe they could rename MM to AudioMonkey and name the suite MediaMonkey. Tell me what u think… :P cauze I like MediaMonkey jus the way it is. Integrating it with video or picture might make it messy. Let’s vote!!! I will do up one a them voting ting-a-magigi.
Last edited by Dibbz on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dibbz
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey Suite

Post by Lowlander »

I think you miss an important answer. I don't want MediaMonkey to do anything besides music (no video, etc.)

Anyway it seems video will be added which can be useful as there are also music video's that could be part of ones music library.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Lowlander wrote:I think you miss an important answer. I don't want MediaMonkey to do anything besides music (no video, etc.)

Anyway it seems video will be added which can be useful as there are also music video's that could be part of ones music library.
You summed up very well what I'm thinking too.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

ok ill add that option 2 the poll
Dibbz
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Dreadlau wrote:
Lowlander wrote:I think you miss an important answer. I don't want MediaMonkey to do anything besides music (no video, etc.)

You summed up very well what I'm thinking too.
I'm in this boat also. Although I know I am in the minority, I havea program each for videos and photos and I would like them to stay separate. It would be nice when they are implemented if the user has the option of whether or not to install them, kinda like a script or plugin.
Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Do 1 thing and do it better than anything else - music.

Ray

oh yeah, and audible files too! :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I think this poll is pretty much moot -- video is already planned for MM 4.0.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nohitter151 wrote:I think this poll is pretty much moot -- video is already planned for MM 4.0.
nynaevelan wrote:
It would be nice when they are implemented if the user has the option of whether or not to install them, kinda like a script or plugin.

Nyn

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:

It would be nice when they are implemented if the user has the option of whether or not to install them, kinda like a script or plugin.

Nyn
Any particular reason why?

Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

nohitter151 wrote:I think this poll is pretty much moot -- video is already planned for MM 4.0.
It isn’t too late to separate it into another app
Dibbz
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nohitter151 wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:

Nyn
Any particular reason why?

Because I am not interested in having MM implement videos or photos. I want it for music only. I have different criteria for my video and photo libraries and I prefer using separate apps to manage them. I am not opposed with MM embracing the future, I would just not want to have to "bloat" my system with more baggage that I will not be using.

Nyn

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote: Because I am not interested in having MM implement videos or photos. I want it for music only. I have different criteria for my video and photo libraries and I prefer using separate apps to manage them. I am not opposed with MM embracing the future, I would just not want to have to "bloat" my system with more baggage that I will not be using.

Nyn
Well this is the last thing I'll say in this thread, since I clearly don't have anything good to say about this idea :P

But I don't see why you'd want this separate or why you wouldn't want video/pictures supported. If it's a feature you wouldn't want, then just don't use it! All I see video and pictures as is a different filetype. They're all just data, and MM has added hundreds of new features in its lifetime without decreasing performance. I don't see why this would be any different.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nohitter151 wrote: Well this is the last thing I'll say in this thread, since I clearly don't have anything good to say about this idea :P

But I don't see why you'd want this separate or why you wouldn't want video/pictures supported. If it's a feature you wouldn't want, then just don't use it! All I see video and pictures as is a different filetype. They're all just data, and MM has added hundreds of new features in its lifetime without decreasing performance. I don't see why this would be any different.
This is one of those areas where there are varying opinions and as such I do not want MORE features in MM that I do not use. I do not mind audio related features because they are based on the same filetypes. However, there are some of us who use photos/videos in different ways and whether they are different filetypes are irrelevant. As stated, I have different tagging uses for both and do not use either as extensively as I use my audio files. And yes if implemented I could ignore the features but why ignore what I could not have installed? Why should my computer be bogged down with possibily hundreds of more mbs with additional features that do not meet my needs?? As stated, an optional installation would suit all, those who want these features and those who don't. But as you stated, this is a pointless conversation, I will worry about it when the features are implemented and if implemented in such a way where that would not meet my needs then that is when I would have to make the decision to stay with the version that I am using at the time, upgrade with the masses or move on to something else that meets my needs. And in case there is any doubt, I am not one of those users who prefer integrated products, I do not want a phone that takes pictures and plays music or browses the internet, my phone should only handle phone features. I am the same way with my preferred software programs, I want them separate to use as and when I wish. I know I am in the minority but this is my preference and with the abundance of products on the market, we are all free to choose our products based on our preferences.

Nyn

Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

nynaevelan wrote: This is one of those areas where there are varying opinions and as such I do not want MORE features in MM that I do not use. I do not mind audio related features because they are based on the same filetypes. However, there are some of us who use photos/videos in different ways and whether they are different filetypes are irrelevant. As stated, I have different tagging uses for both and do not use either as extensively as I use my audio files. And yes if implemented I could ignore the features but why ignore what I could not have installed? Why should my computer be bogged down with possibily hundreds of more mbs with additional features that do not meet my needs?? As stated, an optional installation would suit all, those who want these features and those who don't. But as you stated, this is a pointless conversation, I will worry about it when the features are implemented and if implemented in such a way where that would not meet my needs then that is when I would have to make the decision to stay with the version that I am using at the time, upgrade with the masses or move on to something else that meets my needs. And in case there is any doubt, I am not one of those users who prefer integrated products, I do not want a phone that takes pictures and plays music or browses the internet, my phone should only handle phone features. I am the same way with my preferred software programs, I want them separate to use as and when I wish. I know I am in the minority but this is my preference and with the abundance of products on the market, we are all free to choose our products based on our preferences.

Nyn
With you all the way!!!
Dibbz
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Trouble with that argument is something that has been pointed out several times before. The name of this software is MediaMonkey, not AudioMoney or MusicMonkey. Thus Video & Pictures fit under the scope of MediaMonkey.