Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sonicendeavor

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by sonicendeavor »

wolfzell wrote:
sonicendeavor wrote:The script died at between 400 and 500 records most times, although one time it died after 16 records, and one time I got over 600 records. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. A couple times when it died after 100 records or so, I reran the exact same selection of 500 records over again and it ran fine.
Yep. Although I love this script, I made the same observation. I am trying to avoid using it right now as with 20.000+ tracks it is a lot of work doing this in 50+ batches and still I will get the occasional fatal error. Good thing is that I never had any damages to the tags or the database with the errors. It is just time consuming to find the track where the script stopped working to start it over again from there...

Nevertheless: Thanks a lot to trixmoto for a great and very useful script. I am confident you will hunt down this bug sometime.

bye
Wolfgang
Fortunately the status bar towards the bottom of the screen tells you what record it was on when it died, and since the selection is highlighted, you can approximate where that last record is and do a shift-click and MM will tell you which record you're on in the selection.
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing this is not a problem with the script itself, but a problem with the MM scripting engine (if I have my terminology correct).
Metacog

Post by Metacog »

This question has probably already been answered in this thread, but I've been unable to find an answer.

When I "whitewash" my album art tags/links the album art still displays even after restarting media monkey and refreshing the entries. I can see that some of it has stopped displaying, but a majority of it remains. When I right click on the album, or have an album selected with the album art viewer, no artwork displays. So it seems that it is just residual. But why does the art still display and how do I get rid of it so I can be absolutely sure that the new art I add is what shows up when I view the album?
sonofjon

Post by sonofjon »

Hi,

I've come across a problem with option 6: Remove artwork not matching size.

My artwork files are stored in the album folder and each track has link to the artwork files. When I run AAT to remove all artwork with size smaller than 100x100 (and having "Delete Image Files" checked) AAT deletes the album artwork jpg but only removes the link in the first track of the album, leaving empty links in the second to last tracks of the album. The expected behavior is of course that all links are removed.

Has anybody else come across this problem?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

sonofjon wrote:Hi,

I've come across a problem with option 6: Remove artwork not matching size.

My artwork files are stored in the album folder and each track has link to the artwork files. When I run AAT to remove all artwork with size smaller than 100x100 (and having "Delete Image Files" checked) AAT deletes the album artwork jpg but only removes the link in the first track of the album, leaving empty links in the second to last tracks of the album. The expected behavior is of course that all links are removed.

Has anybody else come across this problem?
Can't you just re-run AAT with remove invalid artwork setting?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sonofjon

Post by sonofjon »

Thanks for the tip. That did it!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script should only need to remove the artwork from the first track because updating it should update all the tracks in the album. This assumes that you have that tickbox ticked on the properties screen though. I'm glad you've found another way to sort it anyway.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
HeistMonkey

Post by HeistMonkey »

Just installed the script and i'm getting the line 982 column 8 error when i select option "07. Remove artwork which is invalid" too. Any ideas on this? Edit- nevemind.

** EDIT ** Just a note, after removing some unused genres with another of Trixmotos great scripts and upgrading my db after installing the latest beta version, I have been able to run option 7 with much greater success. Thanks for an awesome script which has saved me hours of manually removing that unwanted default folder.jpg image from each mp3.
Dell E6400
Win 7 Pro x64, 4GB Ram, 128GB C300 SSD
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you've found my scripts useful. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DaveFrischknecht

Post by DaveFrischknecht »

Hello,

I tried to install the script using the ".exe" file you have available for download, but I see nothing on the Scripts sub-menu. I'm using MediaMonkey 3.0.7.1191. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave
DaveFrischknecht

I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows Vista.
Dave F
Bex

Post by Bex »

You should download the .mmip by clicking the MM3 monkey icon on trixmoto's site.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
DaveFrischknecht

I did that, too, but got an error message saying that there was a problem installing it.
Last edited by DaveFrischknecht on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave F
Bex

Post by Bex »

Avoid "Product installation error"
- Vista Users:
- - To be able to install scripts you must Run MM as an administrator.
- - It means that you must right click the MM icon and select "Run as administrator" even if you are logged in as an administrator.
- All Users:
- - Check in your task manager that you only have one instance of MediaMonkey.exe running.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

If I go to a folder in the music three, select it and then start the script. I get an error message after 2-300 songs (of approx. 4000 songs). BUT if I select all these in the list of songs and do the same, I get no error message.

Edit: YES I DID! I got

"Error #-2147418113 -
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey 3\Scripts\AlbumArtTagger.vbs", Line: 982, Column: 8"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmmm, well the script is obviously doing the same thing. I guess it must be something to do with the way that the tracks are read by MM. I'll contact the devs and see what they say.