RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 3.4 w/ 101 presets (2009-04-14)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

MCSmarties wrote:Any chance of organizing the presets into categories / subdirectories / something else within the script?
Thanks for comment and suggestion. Well, I posted already about it, but in another thread:
if someone could do same with RegExp presets, since I am planing to add a Group possibility to it, I would be very gratefully. It is even more mess with 100 presets on the same level, but I have no clue how to group them...
Any suggestion would be appreciated...

By the way, filtering presets by source or destination has not many sense since many presets could be used with almost any available field. Just take a look at the "Clear the Comment field" preset. Instead of ~50 different "Clear the ... field" presets you have just one, but with a possibility to choose destination field with the Into dropdown list. Or take a look at the "Copy the Date when the file is last modified to the Date added field" preset - there is again just one preset instead of 50 * 50 presets for each possible combination of source and destination fields.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Perhaps give the user the option to sort the presets - with multiple sort options such as:
Alpha by Preset Name
Alpha by "Into" tag first then Preset Name
Alpha by "Replace from" tag first, then preset Name
Alpha by Description
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

ZvezdanD wrote:
if someone could do same with RegExp presets, since I am planing to add a Group possibility to it, I would be very gratefully. It is even more mess with 100 presets on the same level, but I have no clue how to group them...
Any suggestion would be appreciated...
I fully understand your concern and I don't have a solution to offer either.

However, I think that merely providing an option to group the presets would be enough!
Some sort of mechanism whereby the user can decide for himself how to group the presets.

For example, I would probably just make two groups - one with presets I use routinely,
and the other with everything else "just in case" I need to run RegExp for that particular
purpose once every leap year...

I don't think it has to be very involved. Even a checkmark "add to favorite presets" would do it!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks for all suggestions!

I don't think that sorting by mentioned options is well solution, at least it is not for sorting by the Into and the From fields, because of same reason which I stated in the previous post. As I explained, there is just limited number of presets and much more different possibilities which you get by using the Into and/or the From fields. For example, there is a preset "Clear the Comment field", so if you sort presets by the destination field you would get that preset under the "C" letter. But what if someone wants to clear the Lyrics field and looks at the "L" letter - s/he cannot find it there and s/he could think that this script cannot clear such field, which is not true. If I need to alphabetically sort presets I think it is much better idea to sort them by the preset name or the description, because in that way you could get grouped them by action, not by some field.

Just for information, you already could sort presets by their names, just open Export/Import dialog box and click on the table header. However you cannot undo that action.

I was thinking to add several groups by default and to put all existing presets in those groups, with a possibility for users to create new/delete existing groups or move presets between them wherever they want in similar way as they could with the Magic Nodes groups. However, instead of MN groups, I want here to limit such possibility only to one nested level - I think it would be enough and don't want to complicate further with several levels in depth. So, only what I need is a suggestion about names of new groups and how to group existing presets, i.e. in which groups to put them all. I think something about 10 groups, each with 5-15 presets, would be a good measure.

By the way, if you just want to separate some favorite presets form another, or your custom made from predefined, you could use the Export/Import dialog box. You just need to remove all preset that you don't use everyday and leave those favorites. If you sometime want to use some preset which you previously removed, only you need is to import that particular preset back from the stored .ini file.

One more by the way, long time ago I was thinking about a possibility to add one new option to toggle display of particular preset into dropdown list in the Search toolbar and Edit /Presets menu, but dropped that idea and instead of that I added Toolbar option. This is also some kind of "favorites" because you could decide which presets you want to put into the toolbar.

Well, if you ask me, I really prefer that "favorite" idea, because it would be much easier for me just to add one new Favorite check box, then to create all new way to group presets ;)
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I just installed v3.4.2 that was created on 4/4/09 just so I can keep this current. I noticed in Options for this script in the upper right corner it still says 3.4.1. It probably is no big deal The install went without incident. However, it bugged me so I deleted all the ini files (I have backups) and the vbs file and anything else I could find. I ran the mmip file again and the install went fine. The 3.4.1 is still there. Should I be concerned or just ignore it?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

steviegt wrote:Should I be concerned or just ignore it?
Just ignore it, I forgot to update that number. If you open the Tools / Extensions dialog box you should see it is 3.4.2.

Anyway, if you have English version of Windows, you don't need to update. This release is only important to those which have localized versions of Windows.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Z:

I am having trouble with RegExp, I tried importing two presets into MM in order to make some changes, I keep getting the message 0 percent imported. So then I tried to import them manually by opening the Regexp ini file and adding the two presets into the mediamonkey ini manually. When I restarted Mm and still found them unavailable I did some more research and noticed I have 52 presets in the mediamonkey ini file but only 27 are available in MM. Where are the presets being read from and how do I get all my presets to be available in MM, especially the two which I just imported?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Where are the presets being read from and how do I get all my presets to be available in MM, especially the two which I just imported?
Working presets are stored into the MediaMonkey.ini file. Presets which you want to import should have different names than existing ones, presets with same names are ignored during import. Beside of that fact, of course, when adding presets manually to the .ini file they should have assigned different serial numbers in the RegExpPresets section. If you still have a trouble, please send me in PM your RegExpPresets section of MediaMonkey.ini file and those two presets that you want to import.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok:

All that trouble and those two will not do what I need, so I need your help again. I need two presets to:

1. Delete all artists from the Album Artist field except the first artist.
2. Move Album name from the Album field and put into the Custom 3 field, but append it to the end with a ; as a separator. All of these tracks will already have a value in the field.

Is there a preset for these two that I could change the fields for?

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:1. Delete all artists from the Album Artist field except the first artist.
There is a preset "Remove all text from the comma till the end of the Artist name", you just need to replace "," with ";" in the Find what field and of course the Artist to the Album Artist in the Into dropdown list.
nynaevelan wrote:2. Move Album name from the Album field and put into the Custom 3 field, but append it to the end with a ; as a separator.
Well, you cannot "move" content of one field to another since such action need to write to two fields and as you know this script could write only to one field at a time. However, you could do this with two presets. First you could use the preset "Add the Album name as the last item to the Custom 3 field" (actually, I added that preset after you asked for it in the forum). Next, you could use the preset "Clear the Comment field", just replace the Comment with the Album. Maybe instead of "move" you just need to "copy"?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nynaevelan wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:1. Delete all artists from the Album Artist field except the first artist.
There is a preset "Remove all text from the comma till the end of the Artist name", you just need to replace "," with ";" in the Find what field and of course the Artist to the Album Artist in the Into dropdown list.
Thanks I will try that one.
ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:2. Move Album name from the Album field and put into the Custom 3 field, but append it to the end with a ; as a separator.
Well, you cannot "move" content of one field to another since such action need to write to two fields and as you know this script could write only to one field at a time. However, you could do this with two presets. First you could use the preset "Add the Album name as the last item to the Custom 3 field" (actually, I added that preset after you asked for it in the forum). Next, you could use the preset "Clear the Comment field", just replace the Comment with the Album. Maybe instead of "move" you just need to "copy"?
Thanks I will try that one, and no I want move. I am trying to go through all my tracks that are on compilation albums and find the original album that they were released on, so I want to move the Compilation Album title to one of my custom fields. Just as a side note I do not have complete albums and duplicates of the same tracks if they appear on more than one album so I am not concerned about maintaining the complete album.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote: First you could use the preset "Add the Album name as the last item to the Custom 3 field" (actually, I added that preset after you asked for it in the forum).
:lol: :lol: That's funny because this was not one of the presets I had installed.

Nyn

ragnarok22193

Post by ragnarok22193 »

First gotta say just how amazing this script is. Out of all the scripts this one I use the most! Thanks very much for it! On the whole category thing... at first I thought it would be great but yeah it seems a bit more complicating figuring out where to put each one.

Here's a idea I had for the script: changing the names of the presets with so many possibilities such as "Clear the Comment field" and naming it "Clear the [FIELD]"... "Copy the Date when the file is last modified to the Date added field" and naming it something like "Copy the From [FIELD] to the Into [FIELD]"... See what i mean? lol the times when I stupidly just wouldn't think and forgotten that i can just change the fields. And the fields the preset already selects could still even remain. but really this is not needed big time just something small i thought of... this script is great already! thanks very much for it!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ragnarok22193 wrote:First gotta say just how amazing this script is. Out of all the scripts this one I use the most! Thanks very much for it! On the whole category thing... at first I thought it would be great but yeah it seems a bit more complicating figuring out where to put each one.

Here's a idea I had for the script: changing the names of the presets with so many possibilities such as "Clear the Comment field" and naming it "Clear the [FIELD]"... "Copy the Date when the file is last modified to the Date added field" and naming it something like "Copy the From [FIELD] to the Into [FIELD]"... See what i mean? lol the times when I stupidly just wouldn't think and forgotten that i can just change the fields. And the fields the preset already selects could still even remain. but really this is not needed big time just something small i thought of... this script is great already! thanks very much for it!
Thank you so much on you kind words :)

I very like your ideas, especially the first one. The next version of the script would have your suggestion about preset names. Unfortunately, your second suggestion is not so simple for realization, since some users could prefer to always have same fields whenever they choose another presets. For example, the "Increment play counter" preset has not too much sense to remember changes of its fields. I could intoduce some new check box, e.g. "Variable fields" or something like that, but I don't know where to put it on such limited area in the RegExp dialog box :-? I will think further about that suggestion.
hutmacher

Post by hutmacher »

This thing is GREAT.

I'm having trouble creating a script as follows though:
I need to split my title into the 'Title' and 'Artist' fields

so the Title tag "Headshot (Lifter)" needs to be Title: Headshot Artist: Lifter
or
Title: Train / Fall Out
should be
T: Train
A: Fall Out

i would appreciate any help a TON! thanks!!
- LH