Nokia 5800 NAM loses tag info on some songs.

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Music Diva

Re: Nokia 5800 NAM loses tag info on some songs.

Post by Music Diva »

Unfortunately Nokia hasn't seem fit to release that firmware for North America and I also wonder if that has something to do with why tags are being misread. The older firmware may have been buggy from what I've been reading on the internet. I'm going to try mass storage and see what happens. Thanks again for the response!
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I found this thread, seems I'm not the only one with MP3 tag problems.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/dis ... d.id=11684

Maybe it is indeed the firmware.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Someone in that article from the EU Nokia board had some good suggestions! A few of my tags are now being read properly after removing stuff out of "comments"! Some are still being stubbornly unreadable though. One album and some singles also somehow "fixed" themselves. Nokia 5800 NAM firmware is a little weird I think, LOL!
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

They finally released the newer firmware for the NAM version but the problem still exists on several tracks. I'm still waiting on iPhone 3.0 compatibility.

P.S. By constantly using "auto-sync" on MM and "refresh library" on the device, some tracks corrected themselves again, but album and genre aren't showing up. However on the 5800 and I believe other Nokias, only the title and artist show on the "now playing" screen anyway, so it's an improvement. I have all my music arranged into playlists and rarely search by album or genre, but for those who do, this could still be a problem.
hary536

Post by hary536 »

Hi,
IF you installed the latest NAM firmware for 5800,
can you say what are the new/improved things in this firmware?
Any idea,if there is any changelog for this fw.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

One thing I noticed is the screen seems more responsive and faster. That's a big improvement IMO. I think there's a changelog available for the EU version on Symbian fan websites(I'm sure I saw it on one) and likely the NAM version changes or fixes some of the same things. Maybe even the official Nokia site has the changelog.

As for the music player, I'm still not sure it really fixed much there, I still had to tweak a bit to get the tags to show up. I will need to use the player some more to see if there were any real changes. But for now my titles WITH artist show so I'm going to quit complaining for now, LOL!
hary536

Post by hary536 »

Hi,

I also now upgraded my NAM 5800. It definitely works faster. Haven't used much yet, so don't know if any new features.
but atleast it is quite fast while entering and exiting any menu items, also the display mode change is faster than before.
No data was lost in upgrade. So overall, its good. hope that they include new features in future version.
marcoamf

Post by marcoamf »

I'm having this same issue with my N97. I suceeded a few times, testing different options: w/wo playlist, phone connected through pc suite/mass transfer/media player modes, strict ISO compliance when converting mp3,... but not always.
Sometimes it works and, without any change, I try again and it's gone. A different album just loses idv3 tags...
I'll post if I find something.
marcoamf

Post by marcoamf »

working now, apparently. connect phone w usb
wait until its identified, independent of mode
change or confirm mode to mass transfer
configure device synchronization settings
I have "copy playlists...", "Sync all album art" and "Use only the first genre" enabled
I'm converting flac to mp3 on the go, v0 quality, 44100, Highest quality, bit resevoir
You can check still in MM if the folder shows the songs with all tags
Hit "Safely remove hardware"
On the phone, update music library
worked here in the past 5 syncs. I'll post again if it fails on later attempts.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

This also worked for me, except for a few tags STILL. I'm going to try again with those. Thanks for the suggestions!
tpitcock

Post by tpitcock »

I think I am having the same problem. I'm using a Nokia 5800 (not sure what NAM is) but when I transfer music (compressed or not) the artist, album, etc. are getting lost in the transfer.

HELP!!!

PS I have NO problems (that I know of) when I use WMP and NO compression!!!
some dude!~

Post by some dude!~ »

So on N97 you say to solve the disappearing tag problem, just connected the device and use "mass storage" option??
I'll try it surly..

Btw, What is the "Media Transfer" (or whats its name) option good for??
marcoamf

Post by marcoamf »

I guess for DRM-based software such as Nokia Music or WMP.
daryan

Post by daryan »

some dude!~ wrote:So on N97 you say to solve the disappearing tag problem, just connected the device and use "mass storage" option??
I'll try it surly..

Btw, What is the "Media Transfer" (or whats its name) option good for??
I think that the media transfer mode is for the Nokia Music app specifically. My problem that I am having with the N97 is that once songs are on the device and you have refreshed the library (it doesn't do this automatically as a part of the sync) and you then sync again MM attempts to sync the tracks to the root of the device drive regardless of the setting in 'Configure Device'. Has anybody else experienced this?
marcoamf

Post by marcoamf »

Haven't faced this issue... are you sure your MM is not with Auto-sync enabled?