Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Benn

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.91 (2009-08-28) [MM3]

Post by Benn »

VLC played them alphabetically. I will try other players though, cheers.
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Wow, in a way, I'm glad that I had a corrupt database, otherwise I wouldn't have made it back to the MM forums and stumbled across this neat little thread! :D

2 things:

1- Playlists. Definitely incorporate them. I use them religiously. I'm aware you're working on it, but this is just a little emphasis.

2- There was previous mention of using "check boxes" for pulling songs from a query. This might work on a single page of results, but for multiple pages, how about something like: Check boxes/"Selected" songs go to "Add to playlist" queue (maybe a sep page?), and on queue page, the ability to "Send to Media Player" or "Create playlist". I guess one could get away without going the whole separate queue page route if they selected a high integer of "Results shown per page". Maybe "zero" could result an infinite. But then again, the separate queue page might open up an avenue for adding songs from multiple queries.

I'm not one for this sort of development, so my apologies if this is something that isn't as easy as it sounds (is it ever?). Just a thinking outloud.
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
jednie

Post by jednie »

djmt99 wrote:1- Playlists. Definitely incorporate them. I use them religiously. I'm aware you're working on it, but this is just a little emphasis.
I was hoping to have a release this weekend that includes playlists (static only) but I may not have it ready until next week.
djmt99 wrote: 2- There was previous mention of using "check boxes" for pulling songs from a query. This might work on a single page of results, but for multiple pages, how about something like: Check boxes/"Selected" songs go to "Add to playlist" queue (maybe a sep page?), and on queue page, the ability to "Send to Media Player" or "Create playlist". I guess one could get away without going the whole separate queue page route if they selected a high integer of "Results shown per page". Maybe "zero" could result an infinite. But then again, the separate queue page might open up an avenue for adding songs from multiple queries.
I will definitely be adding something like this in the future but it probably won't make it into the 1.0 release. Since I currently don't know how I will implement this I appreciate your ideas.

Good luck getting your database repaired.

Thanks,
jednie
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

jednie wrote:Good luck getting your database repaired.
Yeah, that didn't happen... it got corrupted somehow. Probably because I was stuck on running an older version. I've since upgraded and will be backing up religiously... not that it's that much of a big deal. Now I just need to see if I can recover my playlists somehow. Anyways, that's irrelevant to the topic. Good luck with this en devour. Looking forward to suggesting, testing and trying to break it!
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Benn

Post by Benn »

Djmt99: Try this script - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=42085 (hopefully you still have your corrupt DB)

Jednie: It was indeed VLC, my bad :P
jednie

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.92 (2009-09-15) [MM3]

Post by jednie »

I just released a new version that includes artist, album and playlist searching. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

jednie
Just JP

Post by Just JP »

I can't wait to try the new version out. These new features are what I'm waiting for, not to say it wasn't already great. :D

Jim
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

The new functionality works really well - very powerful stuff and still a bloat-free app. Excellent !!

Suggestions:

1) The A-Z browse works great...,but it took me a second or two to realize 'what' I was browsing. It was of course whatever top level "tab"is currently selected. Very slick, The only suggestion I would make here is, if possible, to change the label to Browse Songs if songs is selected, and Browse Artists if artists is selected, etc.

2) Do the tabs ONLY apply to the A-Z links? If so, perhaps the tabs should be directly above the A-Z links. Ie, Move them down, or move the A-Z links up.

3) The top level tabs (Songs Artists Albums Playlists), and core elements, and it make sense for these to always be there. But items like Mood and Occassions, arent necessarily used by everyone ( or maybe its just me who doesnt use them!). I was wondering if there could be a server side setting ( or user tweak of template) to turn those off?...or change to a differnt attibute,

4) In the clouds section, again, could there be a server side option to define what clouds are desired?

Really appreciate this app - its really good !!
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:
1) The A-Z browse works great...,but it took me a second or two to realize 'what' I was browsing. It was of course whatever top level "tab"is currently selected. Very slick, The only suggestion I would make here is, if possible, to change the label to Browse Songs if songs is selected, and Browse Artists if artists is selected, etc.
This is good suggestion and it will be in the next version.
MediaMan wrote: 2) Do the tabs ONLY apply to the A-Z links? If so, perhaps the tabs should be directly above the A-Z links. Ie, Move them down, or move the A-Z links up.
The tabs (Songs, Artists, Albums and Playlists) apply to not only the A-Z links but also to the search criteria. For example, if the Playlists tab is currently active and you search search for an artist you will see a listing of all playlists that contain at least one song by that artist.
MediaMan wrote: 3) The top level tabs (Songs Artists Albums Playlists), and core elements, and it make sense for these to always be there. But items like Mood and Occassions, arent necessarily used by everyone ( or maybe its just me who doesnt use them!). I was wondering if there could be a server side setting ( or user tweak of template) to turn those off?...or change to a differnt attibute,
What is it that you want to accomplish by this? Do you want to use that part of screen for something else and if so what would you like to see displayed there? Or, is it that you would like to eliminate it to increase the speed in which the page displays?
MediaMan wrote: 4) In the clouds section, again, could there be a server side option to define what clouds are desired?
This is something that could be done. What other types of clouds would you like to see?

Once again, thanks for the your feedback.

jednie
Benn

Post by Benn »

How about 'decade' clouds?

I know MS can read from the MMdb, but is it possible to write as well? My wish is for playcounts to be added in my MM library when they are played elsewhere on the server. I can only imagine that would be horribly complex to do though, I'm just throwin' it out there..

Thanks again.
jednie

Post by jednie »

Benn wrote:How about 'decade' clouds?
Decade cloud sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
Benn wrote: I know MS can read from the MMdb, but is it possible to write as well? My wish is for playcounts to be added in my MM library when they are played elsewhere on the server. I can only imagine that would be horribly complex to do though, I'm just throwin' it out there..
Up to this point I have avoided writing code that updates the database because I don't fully understand how the database works and I don't want to take any chances of corrupting it. Once I get the core functionality in place then I will likely revisit the idea of updating the database.

Thanks, jednie
Benn

Post by Benn »

Yeah, no worries. SQL just makes my head spin
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

Jendie another great update, the new search features are working good and the speed is still fast.

was trying out a few of the mm command line options with the playlists and was able to append the new playlist to the current queued songs using /Add and the playlist would be replaced with the new one if starting it with /Play. The /Next option should insert the playlist to the next song but for some reason if still Appends to the end of the queue. This is a different issue though as /Next works ok for individual songs, just not for playlists it seems.

From the readme file
Command line options
A number of flags can be set when running MediaMonkey from the command line:
/Next - play files after the current track
/Add - add files to the Now Playing queue
/Play - start up and play whatever is currently in the Now Playing queue
the question is could these switches be sent to the player from the browser?, might need a new setting to specify the player being used but if set to mediamonkey it could possibly append the switches /Add , /Next or /Play depending on what is chosen as the default in an option.

these are examples of running the commands from a prompt
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey>MediaMonkey.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\User\
My Documents\Downloads\playlist.m3u" /Play (works the same as just opening the .m3u file, replaces now playing list)

C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey>MediaMonkey.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\User\
My Documents\Downloads\playlist.m3u" /Add (Appends the new playlist to now playing list)

would really like the /Next option to work but that appears to be an issue with mm itself.
jednie

Post by jednie »

RifRaf wrote:Jendie another great update, the new search features are working good and the speed is still fast.
Thanks. I am glad that it is working well for you.
RifRaf wrote: the question is could these switches be sent to the player from the browser?, might need a new setting to specify the player being used but if set to mediamonkey it could possibly append the switches /Add , /Next or /Play depending on what is chosen as the default in an option.
I might be able accomplish this by creating a batch file (*.bat) and putting the appropriate commands in there. There would have to be a setting added to the browser to let Monkey Server know the path to the MP3 player and the command-line switches to use. For example, if MediaMonkey is the MP3 player I could add a setting called something like "Add to player command line" and the setting could be something like: "c:\program files\mediamonkey\mediamonkey.exe {{MP3URL}} /add".

Thanks for the idea,
jednie
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Jednie:

With the incorporation of the playlists I've come back to using the Server, however my playlist tracks are not queued and played in the order in which they are in the playlist. I am not sure what the sort order is because it is not alphabetical. Also since these are cued from the database how come they are not increasing the play status within MM? Is this possible??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files