Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pablo

Re: Strange behaviour on album-artist hierarchy

Post by Pablo »

rk wrote: Imagine there are several artists with an album "Greatest Hits". Why do I get several 2nd-level nodes "Greatest Hits" with one artist below each instead of just one node with all the artists below?
Because they are all different albums, after all. But I see your point, so in the next version I'll add a field called "album name" which acts exactly like "album" except that different albums with the same name are combined into one node (so that you'll achieve the behavior you're seeking in this case).
rk

Post by rk »

Hi Pablo,
thanks for the answer and eben more thanks for the promised solution! I guess you should meanwhile have a lot of issues on your wishlist :wink:

May I ask for one more thing? I studied your web page about MagicNodes and could not find answres for the following questions. Could you maybe enhance your docu in these respects?

* You list all the global qualifiers, but you don't explain what they do (ok, most of them are self explanatory) or how the expression behind has to be constructed (ok, most of them you can find somewhere in the examples, but that is somewhere else again)

* The same with the local qualifiers. Especially the sense of "all" and "show tracks" I could not find out. And what is the <function> after "sort by"?

One last word: This tool is cool :D
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

rk, thanks for your suggestions! You're right that the documentation for qualifiers is rather incomplete. That's partly due to the fact that I've been planning to design a graphic interface for node creation, so that the user wouldn't have to learn or remember the syntax... but that's obviously taking longer than expected.

The all: qualifier determines whether an "all" node is added at the next level of the hierarchy (like the "all" node in the standard location node). The options are all:yes and all:no, which is the default. But somehow this doesn't seem to be working :-? , weird (I'll investigate this).

The show tracks: qualifier determines whether tracks are displayed in the tracklist when you click on a node, even if it's not the last level of the hierarchy (the standard "artist" node works this way, but not the standard "location" node). The options are again show tracks: yes (the default) and show tracks:no.

The function after sort by: must be one of the following: max, min, sum, avg, first, last . For example, <album|sort by:avg(rating)> would sort by the average rating and <album|sort by:first(year)> would sort according to the year in the first track in the album (since all tracks in an album usually have the same year, this means just take the year from any track).

Hope this helps :wink: .
rk

Post by rk »

What is the difference between min/max and first/last?

I'm trying to sum all this up a little in a document. Would you be interested in that? email?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

rk wrote:What is the difference between min/max and first/last?

I'm trying to sum all this up a little in a document. Would you be interested in that? email?
first/last is not really very useful, probably it's best to ignore it. Technically, if you have a list of tracks (say an album) first(rating) is the rating of the first track in the list... the problem is that this depends on how the list is ordered. max(rating) is the highest rating in the list (the rating of the highest rated track) and it's therefore much more useful. Same with last/min.

All contributions are more than welcome :D . If you register I can pm you my e-mail :wink: .

Post by Guest »

I've got the same error by starting MM:
Error #1002 - Microsoft VBScript compilation error
Syntax error
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 891, Column: 3
followed by
error happened during script execution:
syntaxfehler
the entries to edit, delete, etc. the nodes are missing. the problem occurred after I create an incorrect node to display all abums of the genre 'Soundtrack': Soundtracks|child of: album|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '24'\<Album>\

I just want to delete the incorrect node, but I don't know where to find them. so.. anyone who knows how to solve the problem or where I can delete the notes?

thx
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

You can find the Node in My Music\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini in Section [CustomNodeMasks]. Delete the Line and restart MM.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

I would love to create a node to show artists where all the genres for that artist are not the same. Unfoutunetly I have no idea how. Any help would be appreciated.
MediaMonkey Gold member
rk

Post by rk »

The Magic Nodes docu quite well explains this.

Just don't use the genre in the path before the artist, maybe behind it if genre is wanted.

Something like

Code: Select all

Artist (A..Z)|icon:top level|child of:Artist\<artist|trim:1>\<artist>\<genre>\<album>
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

Thanks rk that is very useful. But is there any way you can inbed an if so that only the artists with more than one genre show? I want to use the node for editing purposes.
MediaMonkey Gold member
Bex

Post by Bex »

Balinsky wrote:Thanks rk that is very useful. But is there any way you can inbed an if so that only the artists with more than one genre show? I want to use the node for editing purposes.
This works but it takes forever to run it (Over 30 mins on my DB)

Multiple Genres|SQL Filter:Songs.IDArtist IN (SELECT Inline.IDArtist FROM (SELECT Songs.IDArtist, Songs.Genre FROM Songs INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre GROUP BY Songs.IDArtist, Songs.Genre) inline GROUP BY Inline.IDArtist HAVING Count(Inline.IDArtist)>1)\<Artist>\<Genre>
This is the SQL Filter to use, maybe someone can make it faster. It's fast in Access though.

|SQL Filter:Songs.IDArtist IN (SELECT Inline.IDArtist FROM (SELECT Songs.IDArtist, Songs.Genre FROM Songs INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre GROUP BY Songs.IDArtist, Songs.Genre) inline GROUP BY Inline.IDArtist HAVING Count(Inline.IDArtist)>1)
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

Thanks it works beautifully for me. I have 6130 tracks and mmy computer is not fast. It works alomst instantly.
MediaMonkey Gold member
Morten

Post by Morten »

Encoding\<format>\<bitrate>\<VBR>
This doesn't work for me... This is because MediaMonkey rips in .ogg an it is a floating bitrate... :-?

Edit: Is it possible to browse via Album thumbnails with MagicNodes?
trixmoto

Request

Post by trixmoto »

Excellent, I love it. Want some help working out a node though please!

All my songs are marked with BPM and I'd love a Magic Node that organises them (Slow, Medium, Fast...) by grouping the BPMs into brackets. I assume this is possible but have no idea how to do it! Anyone?
rk

Re: Request

Post by rk »

trixmoto wrote:... by grouping the BPMs into brackets. I assume this is possible but have no idea how to do it! Anyone?
Guess that's not possible exactly the way you intend. Maybe you can somehow work with the "trim" option, but I don't know whether that also works for integers (should do).

You could do something like "...<bpm|trim:2>\<bpm>..."