Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.5

Post by Let »

Mizery_Made wrote:If wouldn't surprise me. I sometimes wonder if there's actually anyone steering that ship at times. It seems any album I look up on there has 'unverified' edits or whatnot, some of them dating back three or four years. Wouldn't surprise me if their forums and other means of support suffered the same lack of... action.
I'm wondering if they accept some help. I think I can spare some time for it :)

Post by Guest »

Why does the link not work for me? Is the Server down?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Do you mean to download it? It's working fine for me. :)
Stop Button Freak
Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.6

Post by Let »

V2.6 includes some changes on processing credits fields for filling lyricist, composer, conductor and involved people fields. I've made some changes in the mapping according to discogs credits guidelines and credits definitions. Here's the new mapping:

Lyricist roles: "Lyrics By", "Words By", "Songwriter"
Conductor role: "Conductor"
Composer roles: "Written-By", "Written By", "Composed By", "Score"

All others are included into involved people.

Note that "Written-By", "Written By" used to be mapped to Lyricists but now they map to composer. There's a discussion about this on discogs forums so I'm still not sure if it should map to composer since Written-by mean song writer or music composer or both.

Let me know your ideas about this.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate this script, and all the work that has gone into its making. I don't have much use for the extra fields, but don't like my track numbers occupied by "A1"s and the like. If it could default to CD, or something
but then again that might upset other users. I'm happy with it as is
THANKS again
BigJens

Post by BigJens »

I have problems with the download of the installer. Any help?

BigJ.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

downloads automatically when I click on the "installer" link in the first post
Let

Post by Let »

aidan_cage wrote:Thanks for the update! I really appreciate this script, and all the work that has gone into its making. I don't have much use for the extra fields, but don't like my track numbers occupied by "A1"s and the like. If it could default to CD, or something
but then again that might upset other users. I'm happy with it as is
THANKS again
Thanks for the appreciation. I think we can replace M and T letters with checkboxes for ignoring disc numbers and track numbers? Would that be a cure for you?

I've been tagging my albums and singles successfully since last week. In the meantime, I'm doing extensive testing and haven't seen anything strange so far. I'm not using additional info neither but it's not bad to have it anyway :wink: Soon, I'll be sending a version including some bug fixes and search improvements.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

That sounds great. There have been a few times I've wished there were checkboxes for the M and T sections. Looking forward to it.
Thanks,
RetroMan

Post by RetroMan »

Hmm, I came back from a well-deserved 1 week holiday, upgraded to the new MM 3.2.0.1294 (tagger 2.6 already installed, worked perfect with previous versions of MM) and hit ctrl-l on some tracks.

Every time I get the message "Cannot query the web site".

Any ideas?
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

try updating the extension, or redownloading it from this thread. I had the same problem and came back here to find a new version. Also, I think redoownloading and installing it will allow you to reenter your API key (or whatever that thing is. It might have gotten screwed up somehow?
BigJens

Post by BigJens »

I cannot get it to work. I just get an error during install.

MM 3.2.0.1294
Windows 7 64-bit
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

BigJens wrote:I cannot get it to work. I just get an error during install.

MM 3.2.0.1294
Windows 7 64-bit
Maybe this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RetroMan

Post by RetroMan »

aidan_cage wrote:try updating the extension, or redownloading it from this thread. I had the same problem and came back here to find a new version. Also, I think redoownloading and installing it will allow you to reenter your API key (or whatever that thing is. It might have gotten screwed up somehow?
Hi there,

Nopes, I'm at the latest version (2.6) and the API key is incorporated and valid (I checked the DiscoGS site).

A week ago AND on previous MM versions it worked flawless. So either something changed at DiscoGS recently or the new MM is the problem.

Help, I was so happy with this script!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I'm having no problem with the latest MM and the latest version of this script. One thing I do have to do is run MM as administrator to get the script to work but other than that, it works fine for me.
Stop Button Freak