Last.FM Scrobbler

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Nel

Last.FM Scrobbler

Post by Nel »

I've updated to mediamonkey 3.2 and tried installing the Last.FM plugin 1.0.2.21 and I'm getting a "Product Installation error". Is the plugin not compatible with v 3.2?
nohitter151

Re: Last.FM Scrobbler

Post by nohitter151 »

No it is, but I imagine you get the same error message trying to install any MM extension. You need to run MediaMonkey as the administrator (right click MM icon > Run as administrator) in order to install the extension successfully.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Nel

Post by Nel »

That worked, Thanks! I had to fiddle around with the admin options too when I upgraded to v 3.2. Is that a bug in Mediamonkey or something, I would assume I shouldn't have to run as admin for things like that.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nel wrote:That worked, Thanks! I had to fiddle around with the admin options too when I upgraded to v 3.2. Is that a bug in Mediamonkey or something, I would assume I shouldn't have to run as admin for things like that.
Yes its planned to be improved in MediaMonkey 4.0.

dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

Just upgraded my computer to Windows 7 & I can not get the Scrobbler to work("Product Installation error"); probably because Windows 7 does not give you the option of right clicking and running as Administrator :roll:. Anyone using Windows 7 and found a way round this?
Cheers, Dave :)
hars

Post by hars »

same problem for me as for dinkydave, any solution?
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

I have found out how to install the scrobbler (Right click on MediaMonkey and open this as an Administrator) and then double click on the downloaded Scrobbler and it installs fine :). The only problem is it does not work :(. Don't really want to, but I will probably go back to using itunes until MM4 is released and then see how that goes. Hope everything is sorted out in that version :).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dinkydave wrote:I have found out how to install the scrobbler (Right click on MediaMonkey and open this as an Administrator) and then double click on the downloaded Scrobbler and it installs fine :). The only problem is it does not work :(. Don't really want to, but I will probably go back to using itunes until MM4 is released and then see how that goes. Hope everything is sorted out in that version :).
The scrobbler works fine, at least for me. Which version did you install? Did you enter your username/password in the MM options? Did you restart after installing the add-on? What does th elog file say?

hars

Post by hars »

ah, got it to install. win7 doesnt give the option of "run as admin" when right clicking on the icon i the bar, but from the start menu it does.
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

hars wrote:ah, got it to install. win7 doesnt give the option of "run as admin" when right clicking on the icon i the bar, but from the start menu it does.
It does also have the option from the taskbar.Right click the icon, then right click "MediaMonkey" in the jump list. Run as administrator is an option there.

hars

Post by hars »

haha, whaddayouknow, they hid it there. thanks!
electric_wolves

Post by electric_wolves »

Hello!

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I downloaded this scrobbler and it works fine on the last.fm website but the program isn't showing any of the tracks I'm playing... So they're scrobbling but not through the program, just straight onto the website.

Hope you can help!

:)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

electric_wolves wrote:Hello!

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I downloaded this scrobbler and it works fine on the last.fm website but the program isn't showing any of the tracks I'm playing... So they're scrobbling but not through the program, just straight onto the website.

Hope you can help!

:)
That's the point, you don't need the last.fm program.

Post by Guest »

Oh... Ok. Thanks :) I'm not very good at things like this. I quite liked the program to love tracks and stuff, but never mind!