unskinned player issues!

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

spacekris

Re: unskinned player issues!

Post by spacekris »

someone testing the 3.1 dev build and can say if this is impoved somehow?
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

no sign of will, bump.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've now have noticed something that might help in getting this fixed. its in the skin version

but if i put the now playing windows beside the track browser on top dock.
and then i try to move the bottom border of the track browser and now playing window down thus squishing the
explorer tree and the main list view area, the now playing window goes down but only so far, then it stops
and there is only the back ground shown of the theme client. no matter how far you try to take it down
when docked to the upper right top dock it just will not go lower then the height of the player. it seems
that the default player size is affecting that upper dock area when you have two windows docked in the top dock.

now if this is what seems to be going on in the non skinned mode then i bet it is the same code causing it in both.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

is there a way to somehow get the bitrate shown?
and a balance slider? is the unskinned skin in the exe? or outside somewhere?
then i try it myself...
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i want at least balance & shown bitrate on the unskinned mm !!! EVERY player does show this !! this is MINIMUM !! wtf are the devs doing ??
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

not sure about that spacekris, they might be putting it in 3.1 might not be.?

but the unskinned skin is in the exe only the developers can adjust it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

this is why i am starting to hate mm, 1 1/2 years and no sign of change. :evil:
btw like in all my other feedback. the devs simply dont [care].
Last edited by nohitter151 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spacekris wrote:this is why i am starting to hate mm, 1 1/2 years and no sign of change. :evil:
btw like in all my other feedback. the devs simply dont [care].

not true. they do read the messages, but might be having trouble with getting them in the program code.

can you not find the balance controls in windows os. look in the control panel and then on the sounds or mutlimedia link
the tab that first shows up when you click on it should show you the speaker controls on the bottom of the tab,
click the volume button. it should show you a balance slinder on there or on the advanced button.
unless that depends on your sound card drivers?

i really feel your anger i've had that balance trouble before too. :(
which is why i use the skins mode and make the skins i create all have the control on them. yes the skins are resource heavy but so is mediamonkey 3.2 it got heavy handed more then 3.1 its because of all the extra features.

there are so many features and neat items monkey does now that i'm thinking there should be suggestions as to what version of monkey to use on different sized computers.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

my problem is not the resources anymore, but simply the fact i can not get warm with the skins.
i dont like colorful skins because they do not match my rest color theme. i plainly want it to use MY desktop colors.
now that i am on win7 and use aero i want mm to match it. simple transparent window, with MY background color.
the only "skin" that does this is simply the embedded one.
and all i am asking for for years now is the simplest of all features for an audio player, BALANCE !
is that to much to ask? what are the devs thinking?? adding all those for most of the people useless features and ignoring the esential ones (like SHOWING THE BITRATE ie!) .

i simply dont get it, thats why i am angry.
and not speaking about all the docking issues i spoke about also years ago. why dont they fix this? they simply think everybody is using the skinned mm. so why do they even bother then to put a seperate non-skinned version in their release if its broken since eversince and noone cares..
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

wow, great that the devs listened and improved the default skin and added balance & bitrate to mm4.. :roll:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

see i told you they read the messages. :D
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

that was sarcasm. the player looks exactly the same as when this thread started 3(!) years ago.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i spot plain in your face sarcasm remarks a whole like faster like.,..

this stupid thing still don't work right after all this time where ya been on the moon?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

now i can see that one.

but they really do read the forum posts. sometimes they might start to fix one and find something else is
needing more attention then the one they started on and they go there and forget to get back to the one they
started on. thats normal for people to do. its called forgetfull, and according to my sister i've used up my "I forgots" :) 8)
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

another year. great development. they resolved the issues.
they resolved it by not being able to resize the player anymore and one can move it to exactly 2 positions the top and the bottom.
wow, after 4 years a lot has changed. a big thanks to the developers.

(ps. and just a little reminder what i asked for 4 years ago > like balance, showing the bitrate and ... well ... the rest i forgot. but they didnt even added those two difficult to accomplish uberfeatures in the short time they had, so what the heck, i dont want to exhaust anyone.)